JH Audio JH13 v2
Mar 29, 2016 at 11:29 PM Post #61 of 108
Getting a refit can be a pain in the rear end. You have to usually spend $50 to get ear impressions and then send them in. There is also the chance that the re-fit will not fit. Which means you've gotta repeat the process. All of this stuff can be gets expensive and time consuming. 

Mar 30, 2016 at 12:37 AM Post #62 of 108
  I'm considering getting a used JH 13 pro or FP, will refitting it using inearz change its sound signature much? Why do used CIEM's sell so much lower than their new counterparts if one can easily refit them using a 3rd party refitting company?

what assurance do you get on possible driver failure?

Apr 8, 2016 at 8:11 AM Post #63 of 108
I'm using the JH13v2 out of a Fiio X5 2nd generation DAP. Unfourtunately I'm hearing some hiss. Nothing you could notice during the busier parts of a song, but when there is a single instrument playling, it is pretty clear. Anyone experiencing the same? Any suggestions what to do?

Apr 8, 2016 at 1:28 PM Post #66 of 108
Anyone get a good listen to these yet?  Can the bass be dialed pretty flat?  Are they warmish or treble rolled off much.  These are on my top three to demo in the near future and was curious.

Apr 9, 2016 at 11:25 AM Post #67 of 108
Thanks, but how?

http://www.head-fi.org/t/601669/impedance-adapters-cables-explained-listed

Anyone get a good listen to these yet?  Can the bass be dialed pretty flat?  Are they warmish or treble rolled off much.  These are on my top three to demo in the near future and was curious.

on 0 dial, it is flat

Apr 11, 2016 at 5:32 PM Post #68 of 108
Well, I am the very proud owner of a pair and I am completely blown away. I'm relatively new to high end iem's (my first CIEM) but all I can say is wow... Coming out of an Astell & Kern AK 120 mk ii, the sound is incredible... I've never heard transparency like this before. With exceptional DSD recordings, it can sometimes fool me into thinking I'm hearing live music.

Apr 19, 2016 at 9:56 PM Post #69 of 108
  I'm considering getting a used JH 13 pro or FP, will refitting it using inearz change its sound signature much? Why do used CIEM's sell so much lower than their new counterparts if one can easily refit them using a 3rd party refitting company?

Sorry if this is OT.

I picked up BWATERME's JH13FP and got them re-shelled through In-earz. In-earz are a fantastic bunch and they cover re-fits for up to 30 days after you receive them. I had to make use of that offer and my right ear seal still isn't perfect. It breaks seal when I look over my shoulder.  But that's on me because I chose not to return them a second time. That and my particular physical ear canal structure is likely difficult since its small short and almost perfectly straight. I'll just DIY the fix, possibly using organic nail polish. Still investigating that avenue.

There is an In-earz thread here, and they also respond to email/phone in a timely manner. You'll likely talk with Kaysen. Its a real small family type business - so for me that's a plus.

Anyhow for %50 cost and the re-shell at $125 its difficult to say if it wasn't worth just working straight with JH. Mabye its cheap enough to be an attractive option... YMMV.  

As to what kind of guarantee you get against driver failure with a re-shell? You get a warning. That's it. Assume nothing can be done.  In-earz doesn't have access to the proprietary drivers. JH ain't going to touch a modified product. At least not unless you're a rock star.
biggrin.gif
  If you go re-shell route you own the risk.  That being said, so far its working for me, but I'm a DIY kind of guy. That and I love leasing new life into electronics where possible.

Apr 20, 2016 at 12:01 AM Post #70 of 108
Thanks for the info, definitely useful. What do you think about getting a universal fit JH? I'm looking at some Roxanne's that are selling for $700-800's. Do the large drivers make it painful to wear it? How is the fit compared to custom? I'm currently using UM50 Pro's that has the best fit of any universal IEM I've ever used, and fitting is crucial for me. I'm debating whether to shell out close to $1200 for a new JH 13 v2 or buying a used one to re-shell, or getting an universal Roxanne.

Apr 20, 2016 at 12:28 AM Post #71 of 108
Thanks for the info, definitely useful. What do you think about getting a universal fit JH? I'm looking at some Roxanne's that are selling for $700-800's. Do the large drivers make it painful to wear it? How is the fit compared to custom? I'm currently using UM50 Pro's that has the best fit of any universal IEM I've ever used, and fitting is crucial for me. I'm debating whether to shell out close to $1200 for a new JH 13 v2 or buying a used one to re-shell, or getting an universal Roxanne.

Customs are worth every penny. You will not be disappointed with the JH13. Buy directly from JH and fork over the extra cash so that your investment is protected... JUST DO IT. DONT LET YOUR DREAMS BE DREAMS
:)

Apr 20, 2016 at 12:40 AM Post #72 of 108
Customs are worth every penny. You will not be disappointed with the JH13. Buy directly from JH and fork over the extra cash so that your investment is protected... JUST DO IT. DONT LET YOUR DREAMS BE DREAMS
smily_headphones1.gif

You mean there's an additional insurance you can buy, or buying it directly from JH includes this insurance. Also, does the listed price on the JH website include the audiologist fitting and stuff? I really want a JH 13 but I would have to use it over my HD800 to make it worth it as my primary listening tool. I do like a fun sound and its sound signature is something that I want. Currently I'm just using my UM50 Pro on the go, and I don't like how it takes about a minute to put it on after squeezing the foam tips in place. Are customs pretty much instantaneous when you put them on? What if your ear shape changes, does JH cover reshaping or remolding later on?

Apr 20, 2016 at 12:54 AM Post #73 of 108
You get a 30 day refit period and a one year warranty directly from JH. You will also be able to join their customer loyalty program after your first purchase.

http://www.jhaudio.com/jh-crew

The quoted price doesn't include the audiologist appointment. That's on you. I've had my customs for two years and they still fit perfectly. As far as I know, the ear canal does change shape slightly over time but the changes are not significant enough to effect the fit of the monitors unless you have a significant change in your weight.

Apr 20, 2016 at 12:58 AM Post #74 of 108
  You mean there's an additional insurance you can buy, or buying it directly from JH includes this insurance. Also, does the listed price on the JH website include the audiologist fitting and stuff? I really want a JH 13 but I would have to use it over my HD800 to make it worth it as my primary listening tool. I do like a fun sound and its sound signature is something that I want. Currently I'm just using my UM50 Pro on the go, and I don't like how it takes about a minute to put it on after squeezing the foam tips in place. Are customs pretty much instantaneous when you put them on? What if your ear shape changes, does JH cover reshaping or remolding later on?

Yes for acrylic (JH and most CIEM brands), no for silicon (eg. Spiral Ears, CustomArt).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back