JH Audio JH13 v2
Jan 9, 2016 at 11:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 108

bwaterme

New Head-Fier
Hi all. I'm not a regular poster but do read the threads a decent amount.

I have looked, but do not see any discussions about the new JH13 v2 that is coming out. If there already is a discussion, my apologies. Please direct me to it.

They announced it to "JH Crew" members and gave us the opportunity to order them in January before the official release and new price.

I went ahead and ordered mine. Wondering if anyone else has. I doubt anyone has them yet, but if so would love to hear your thoughts.

Jan 10, 2016 at 8:13 PM Post #4 of 108
Here is what they sent to JH Crew members:

"Last year, Jerry developed all new Balanced Armature drivers and crossover circuits that went into the Siren Series Layla and Angie IEMs. These IEMs have had unprecedented success in both the Pro and Consumer markets; in fact, the Layla is considered by many to be the finest IEM available today. It's time for that new technology to trickle down into the rest of the line.

We're taking the JH13Pro to the next level with the JH13v2. The JH13Pro, a favorite among audiophiles, will be the first IEM upgraded to new driver and crossover technology. The JH13v2 will be formally announced January 2016. The JH13v2 will feature six all-new Balanced Armatures, Steel Tube Waveguide, and Moon Audio 4-pin connector and cable, with 10 db of adjustable bass per ear! The JH13v2 has every thing you loved about the JH13 with enhanced extension, clarity and soundstage. Sonically, the JH13 is nothing short of remarkable!"

Jan 12, 2016 at 12:45 PM Post #6 of 108
Jan 12, 2016 at 6:26 PM Post #7 of 108
Pity they don't seem to care about upgrading their customer service, too.

I continue to see (and hear) disgruntled tales of woe.

Jan 12, 2016 at 8:37 PM Post #9 of 108
The source article is here.

http://www.jhaudio.com/buzz/jh-crew-news-issue-1

So the new things are new BA drivers, steel tubes, 4-pin connector with adjustable bass. Looks like JH are standardising the 4-pin connectors across their higher-end models. It's available for order now at $1099 but prices will increase on 30th January.

Jan 12, 2016 at 8:49 PM Post #10 of 108
Damn looks like a great deal then especially with the extra cable. I mailed customer support and they said I could order it now. Really tempted to do so since one of their retailers in NYC can do my impressions and help me take care of the order.

Now I just need to decide on some color schemes. Does anyone have the metal face or carbon fiber and could post some pictures?

Jan 12, 2016 at 10:05 PM Post #11 of 108
With pleasure. My JH13 v1.

Mine is simple and straightforward. Clear shells with CF plates. Haven't seen one with a full CF body before, but that adds a $500 premium.

Jan 14, 2016 at 10:37 AM Post #12 of 108
Looks awesome.  I was considering getting a colored translucent shell instead of the clear but I think that looks pretty boss by itself.  If anyone has anymore pictures of their setup please post them!

Feb 4, 2016 at 8:20 PM Post #15 of 108
They're not doing so at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back