JH Audio JH13 v2
Feb 8, 2016 at 5:55 PM Post #21 of 108
V2s arrived today. Some initial impressions. My guess is that a lot of this feedback is already captured by those with Siren Series in ears.

1. Love the new case. I never loved the Pelican case with velvet bag inside. That always seemed like a make shift solution versus a true custom experience.

2. I was initially surprised at the thickness of the new cable. I guess I should not be surprised that an 8 braid cable is about twice as thick as a 4 braid :). That said, the build quality of the cable is excellent. The new connector is nice and secure. However, the size of the cable and connector does make looping around my ear a little more work initially. If it were totally up to me, I would place the bass adjustment dials closer to the split versus about 3" from the headphone jack.

3. I absolutely love the steel wave guides. Huge improvement. The exits of the tubes is WAY cleaner/smoother than the silicon tubes on my V1s. I can tell cleaning is going to be much easier and more effective. Nice job!!!

4. In just looking at the insides, I can tell these monitors were built with a little more care and precision than my last set. Looks much more orderly in there. Probably means nothing sonically, but shows attention to detail.

5. Initial listening is on my iBasso DX80 as will be 90% of my use. I already sold my V1s so I can't do an A v B comparison. I selected the JH13s V2s because I wanted to maintain the relatively neutral sound signature, while having the option to tweak the bass up some. I'm not a bass head, but I do sometimes like to add a little bass. Mission accomplished! These monitors sound just as crisp and clean as my V1s, with the ability to up the bass. And surprisingly adding even 7-8 db has no negative impact on the sound. I have my dial to about 1 or 2 o'clock initially. Anything past this is too dark for me. And all the way up is very dark.

With very little listening time, I can tell I am going to be satisfied with my decision to upgrade. The bass adjustment without having to add an EQ alone is likely worth it. But the better cable and steel wave guides are super nice bonuses. Will post any further observations.

Feb 10, 2016 at 10:54 AM Post #26 of 108
V2s arrived today. Some initial impressions. My guess is that a lot of this feedback is already captured by those with Siren Series in ears.

1. Love the new case. I never loved the Pelican case with velvet bag inside. That always seemed like a make shift solution versus a true custom experience.

2. I was initially surprised at the thickness of the new cable. I guess I should not be surprised that an 8 braid cable is about twice as thick as a 4 braid
smily_headphones1.gif
. That said, the build quality of the cable is excellent. The new connector is nice and secure. However, the size of the cable and connector does make looping around my ear a little more work initially. If it were totally up to me, I would place the bass adjustment dials closer to the split versus about 3" from the headphone jack.

3. I absolutely love the steel wave guides. Huge improvement. The exits of the tubes is WAY cleaner/smoother than the silicon tubes on my V1s. I can tell cleaning is going to be much easier and more effective. Nice job!!!

4. In just looking at the insides, I can tell these monitors were built with a little more care and precision than my last set. Looks much more orderly in there. Probably means nothing sonically, but shows attention to detail.

5. Initial listening is on my iBasso DX80 as will be 90% of my use. I already sold my V1s so I can't do an A v B comparison. I selected the JH13s V2s because I wanted to maintain the relatively neutral sound signature, while having the option to tweak the bass up some. I'm not a bass head, but I do sometimes like to add a little bass. Mission accomplished! These monitors sound just as crisp and clean as my V1s, with the ability to up the bass. And surprisingly adding even 7-8 db has no negative impact on the sound. I have my dial to about 1 or 2 o'clock initially. Anything past this is too dark for me. And all the way up is very dark.

With very little listening time, I can tell I am going to be satisfied with my decision to upgrade. The bass adjustment without having to add an EQ alone is likely worth it. But the better cable and steel wave guides are super nice bonuses. Will post any further observations.

Any memories of improvement in SQ over V1? Thanks (maybe the improvement is not that big so you couldn't tell)

Feb 10, 2016 at 8:46 PM Post #29 of 108
Regarding sound quality. There is no doubt these monitors are amazingly precise. If you liked the sound signature of the original, you will love these. I am amazed at the ability to add bass (+5 db or even slightly more) with zero degradation of the other frequencies. Maybe at 3/4 max bass addition you start to get some muffling of the rest of the range, but not before that.

Feb 10, 2016 at 8:52 PM Post #30 of 108
Regarding sound quality. There is no doubt these monitors are amazingly precise. If you liked the sound signature of the original, you will love these. I am amazed at the ability to add bass (+5 db or even slightly more) with zero degradation of the other frequencies. Maybe at 3/4 max bass addition you start to get some muffling of the rest of the range, but not before that.

hmm. I'm really concerned more for the treble , resolution and details. The bass in v1 was just right for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back