JH Audio JH-5 pro review
Aug 24, 2009 at 9:01 PM Post #46 of 107
well i recieved my iems today and let me tell you i love them, before i can do a solid review i need two things:

1. i am using them on a d2+ pmp and a corda move and i hear a lil hiss i was wondering if i could get some info on how to stop that, should my corda move be on low gain or high gain?
2. much more listening i literally just put them in my ears.

Aug 24, 2009 at 10:30 PM Post #47 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherlock19 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well i recieved my iems today and let me tell you i love them, before i can do a solid review i need two things:

1. i am using them on a d2+ pmp and a corda move and i hear a lil hiss i was wondering if i could get some info on how to stop that, should my corda move be on low gain or high gain?

sweet dude! post up some pics.

Aug 24, 2009 at 10:37 PM Post #48 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by salient2k /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just want the "no extra cost" option. Only clear color for that?

The "no extra cost" options are any solid translucent color, and your choice of no artwork or the JH Audio flying lady.

Quote:

Sweet! I'm very anxious to hear your thoughts after you've listened to them for a while. Do they fit?

Aug 24, 2009 at 10:39 PM Post #49 of 107
Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by barleyguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The "no extra cost" options are any solid translucent color, and your choice of no artwork or the JH Audio flying lady.

Sweet! I'm very anxious to hear your thoughts after you've listened to them for a while. Do they fit?

For IEM's, your Move should be on Low Gain.

Let us know and post pics as soon as you can !!
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 24, 2009 at 11:28 PM Post #50 of 107
Okay well after an hour or so of real solid interpretation, i am deciding i am going to give it a few more sessions and decide how im going to solve my situation. I think the right iem goes just a tiny tiny bit too deep and it is forcing it to irritate my deeper part of my ear. It feels a little unpleasent but idk if thats what im suppose to be getting use to or not but i am tending to think not. Also it is a real tight fit and the seal never gets broken. That tends to irritate my ear a tiny bit, but i believe that is one that that'll just take a lil getting use to.

About the hissing, i noticed that when you mess with the two separate volume bars(one on the corda move and one on the d2+), you can almost control the hissing. i have got it down, so that i truely cant hear it.

The first album i listened to them with was Eric Clapton - Unplugged. It sounded really, good but like i said im getting use to / size fitting them mentally while listening, seeing if there are any other changes that might need to be made to to fit just perfect. Im picky a little lol.

anyways here are some pics. i am terribale with a camera, shaky hands
beerchug.gif

2mdm43n.jpg

2qx3qsw.jpg

Aug 24, 2009 at 11:44 PM Post #51 of 107
Quote:

Okay well after an hour or so of real solid interpretation, i am deciding i am going to give it a few more sessions and decide how im going to solve my situation. I think the right iem goes just a tiny tiny bit too deep and it is forcing it to irritate my deeper part of my ear. It feels a little unpleasent but idk if thats what im suppose to be getting use to or not but i am tending to think not. Also it is a real tight fit and the seal never gets broken. That tends to irritate my ear a tiny bit, but i believe that is one that that'll just take a lil getting use to.

About the hissing, i noticed that when you mess with the two separate volume bars(one on the corda move and one on the d2+), you can almost control the hissing. i have got it down, so that i truely cant hear it.

Is your deep ear irritated when you're not touching the monitors? I ask because the tips on my JH customs also irritated my ears at the bend when I pushed on them or removed them too carelessly. In fact, it was quite painful if I nudged them the wrong way. I'm a couple months into owning them now, and it's absolutely no sweat. My ear isn't nearly as sensitive to it. Oh, and this is after already using the UE11 for over a year.

On the subject of "dual volume knobs" ... In reality, you are decreasing your dynamic range. There will be less of a disparity between quiet and loud sounds. But of course, maybe it's worth it for you if it means less hiss.
smily_headphones1.gif

And the fit does seem really tight at first. Seemed that way to me, too, on day one. In short time, though, you should realize just how good the fit is.

Aug 25, 2009 at 1:55 AM Post #52 of 107
Quote:

The first album i listened to them with was Eric Clapton - Unplugged. It sounded really, good but like i said im getting use to / size fitting them mentally while listening, seeing if there are any other changes that might need to be made to to fit just perfect. Im picky a little lol.

anyways here are some pics. i am terribale with a camera, shaky hands
beerchug.gif

2mdm43n.jpg

2qx3qsw.jpg

Hopefully the fit will work out!!
smily_headphones1.gif

are your customs Red??? or Dark Red?

i ordered dark red
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 25, 2009 at 6:37 AM Post #53 of 107
well it kind of hurts even when im not touching it, idk well see tomorrow i suppose, when i wake up. s ya tomorrow guys

Aug 25, 2009 at 7:22 PM Post #54 of 107
I had the same problem with the pain. I spoke with Jerry about it and they should not hurt....when I got mine back after having them scan my Westone ES2s, they were perfect and didn't hurt at all, but had a nice, tight, seal...

If it hurts, it's too far in there in general - that's my opinion. I've been using customs since 2007 and not once has it hurt when my ears were inserted.

they're trying to get them as long as possible without pain so that you can get the best sound, but too far is too far and you'll know because you'll get that pain if it's too far. They should be adjusted if it hurts when you put them in and it hurts - even if it's a temporary sharp pain that goes away after they're in.....

Aug 25, 2009 at 9:10 PM Post #55 of 107
Okay guys so I just Opened my JH5's.

I ORDERED DARK RED TRANSLUCENT AND I RECEIVED BLACK TRANSLUCENT!!!!!! called brittany and she said that they read it wrong.. doesn't seem like a mistake that should be made especially when the sheet clearly reads dark red.... Also another gripe, i never even got a receipt from them or a confirmation that my customs had shipped. not happy at all with JH Audio.....

jhfail.png

JUST LOOKING AT THIS PICTURE I'm THINKING HOW DO YOU MESS UP THE CORD WITH THE SHELL?? LOL What> HEY, atleast they put the right name on the box loll.....

called brittany and she said that I could send them back and they could remake the shell but that is just inconvenient.. we'll see.

AHHHH!

annoying.....

seondly, the right side hurts when it is just sitting, but the left side is fine but neither of them are very tight seals. When i open my mouth, the right one hurts and I can feel it moving around (not very tight).. the sound doesn't sound good at all at the moment when fully inserted, the balance seems off. It's hard to tell because the right side hurts and doesn't feel like it's closed off all the way and right now I feel like I just wasted $420 and am very dissapointed..... and knowing that I can't return them for a refund is discerning.... I don't know what to do about the fit?? i can't get another impression,,

frown.gif

uggg

on a more positive note, comfort wise they are comfortable? lol... (minus the right side)

Aug 25, 2009 at 10:02 PM Post #56 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elluzion /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I ORDERED DARK RED TRANSLUCENT AND I RECEIVED BLACK TRANSLUCENT!!!!!! called brittany and she said that they read it wrong.. doesn't seem like a mistake that should be made especially when the sheet clearly reads dark red.... Also another gripe, i never even got a receipt from them or a confirmation that my customs had shipped. not happy at all with JH Audio.....

jhfail.png

JUST LOOKING AT THIS PICTURE I'm THINKING HOW DO YOU MESS UP THE CORD WITH THE SHELL?? LOL What> HEY, atleast they put the right name on the box loll.....

called brittany and she said that I could send them back and they could remake the shell but that is just inconvenient.. we'll see.

AHHHH!

annoying.....

seondly, the right side hurts when it is just sitting, but the left side is fine but neither of them are very tight seals. When i open my mouth, the right one hurts and I can feel it moving around (not very tight).. the sound doesn't sound good at all at the moment when fully inserted, the balance seems off. It's hard to tell because the right side hurts and doesn't feel like it's closed off all the way and right now I feel like I just wasted $420 and am very dissapointed..... and knowing that I can't return them for a refund is discerning.... I don't know what to do about the fit?? i can't get another impression,,

frown.gif

uggg

on a more positive note, comfort wise they are comfortable? lol... (minus the right side)

Bummer!!

I would recommend you talk to Jerry personally and tell him what's going on with your ears, especially from a pain standpoint. I had that problem with mine and he said maybe they were a little too long. One of the big premises with IEMs is you want them to go down in there good and you want the seal to be tight.... With regards to the fit or tightness, they also do a little bit of "tapering" of the canals to "smooth" them out. Maybe they tapered them too much and left the canal shaped wrong. I believe that to be what happened with my left ear on my first set of JH5s...

If you have a set of customs that fit well, you can also send those to them and they have a system that can scan them to make impressions. I sent them my ES2s and they made impressions with a scanning system from them and that's how they made my most recent set of JH5s. That made all the difference for my JH5s and they sound great now and fit great now.

If you don't have another set of customs to do that with, I'd still suggest you talk to Jerry and tell him what's going on. They should compare the one that fits well and the one that doesn't and make the one that doesn't fit well look more like the one that does. My Westone ES2s and now my new JH5s look almost like mirror images - obviously there are slight differences I'm sure, but not big ones that the eye can see. Once they made them more symetrical, it made all the difference. While they're at it, they can make you the right color....

Give 'em another shot - I think when you can get the fit right, you'll like the sound of the JH5s - I do now.

Aug 25, 2009 at 10:47 PM Post #57 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by thread /img/forum/go_quote.gif
On the subject of "dual volume knobs" ... In reality, you are decreasing your dynamic range. There will be less of a disparity between quiet and loud sounds. But of course, maybe it's worth it for you if it means less hiss.
smily_headphones1.gif

Do you mind elaborting? not really sure what your trying to say?

Aug 25, 2009 at 10:52 PM Post #58 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elluzion /img/forum/go_quote.gif

AHHHH!

annoying.....

frown.gif

uggg

Hey man, I know how frustrating stuff like this can be. I'm sure they will take care of it and get the fit and color correct for you though. It sound like alot of people have to send them back in for a refit. I guess it goes along with the territory of customs...

Is the CF case supplied with the 5pro's?

Good news is if you got yours, my 5's should be showing up very soon.
beerchug.gif

Aug 25, 2009 at 11:35 PM Post #59 of 107
mine came in a rather large case with my name on it
smily_headphones1.gif
gona have to send em back for just a little less deeper, thats all im thinking about is if my brain is going to get scratched lol

Aug 26, 2009 at 5:21 PM Post #60 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by gregokeys /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bummer!!

I would recommend you talk to Jerry personally and tell him what's going on with your ears, especially from a pain standpoint. I had that problem with mine and he said maybe they were a little too long. One of the big premises with IEMs is you want them to go down in there good and you want the seal to be tight.... With regards to the fit or tightness, they also do a little bit of "tapering" of the canals to "smooth" them out. Maybe they tapered them too much and left the canal shaped wrong. I believe that to be what happened with my left ear on my first set of JH5s...

If you have a set of customs that fit well, you can also send those to them and they have a system that can scan them to make impressions. I sent them my ES2s and they made impressions with a scanning system from them and that's how they made my most recent set of JH5s. That made all the difference for my JH5s and they sound great now and fit great now.

If you don't have another set of customs to do that with, I'd still suggest you talk to Jerry and tell him what's going on. They should compare the one that fits well and the one that doesn't and make the one that doesn't fit well look more like the one that does. My Westone ES2s and now my new JH5s look almost like mirror images - obviously there are slight differences I'm sure, but not big ones that the eye can see. Once they made them more symetrical, it made all the difference. While they're at it, they can make you the right color....

Give 'em another shot - I think when you can get the fit right, you'll like the sound of the JH5s - I do now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBY03evo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey man, I know how frustrating stuff like this can be. I'm sure they will take care of it and get the fit and color correct for you though. It sound like alot of people have to send them back in for a refit. I guess it goes along with the territory of customs...

Is the CF case supplied with the 5pro's?

Good news is if you got yours, my 5's should be showing up very soon.
beerchug.gif

Quote:

mine came in a rather large case with my name on it
smily_headphones1.gif
gona have to send em back for just a little less deeper, thats all im thinking about is if my brain is going to get scratched lol

I sent them back today. to change color and hopefully the fit, cuz the fit is way off :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back