JH Audio JH-5 pro review
Jul 25, 2009 at 11:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 107

Sherlock19

100+ Head-Fier
having problems finding a review though the search function on this site any links or any reviews would be excellent
smily_headphones1.gif
thank you

Jul 25, 2009 at 11:40 PM Post #2 of 107
Damn it i thought you were doing a review i got all excited haha. They are hard to come by i havent seen any good reviews yet although i havent done insane amounts of searching. Would really like to hear them compared to some other customs.

Jul 26, 2009 at 1:41 AM Post #3 of 107
my thoughts exactly man, im also thinking if there 400 bucks for a 2 driver pair of IEM's they must have something special seeing as some 3 driver IEM's cost less then that(fidelity 3 driver livewires). Plus accoring to the Jerry harvey is back thread, he is a god that you should expierment with. please any reviews would be great or i might find myself writing my own. XD

Jul 26, 2009 at 10:19 AM Post #5 of 107
even if someone doesnt have the time to write a review, just a couple words of wisdom will help also

Jul 26, 2009 at 11:11 AM Post #6 of 107
Jerry knows what he is doing. I would doubt any of his creations would let down.

Jul 26, 2009 at 11:21 AM Post #7 of 107
im sure they are all good but i know id certainly not buy any custom anless i have a pretty good idea how it sounds in relation to others whether that be other jh ones or from elsewhere. one thing that interstes me is what the difference sound wise between the jh10pro and the jh10x thingy. same cost but different set up and it gets worse at around the jh5 price as there are lots more manufacturers and how is someon supposed to know which of them is the one for them???

this is why im still sticking to universals

Jul 26, 2009 at 6:44 PM Post #9 of 107
There is not much review at all for low-end customs. At least in relation to all the high-end universals and top-end customs love going around here. No one cares about low-end customs cause it's 'low-end.' Despite they are probably usually a lot better than top-end universals.

Jul 26, 2009 at 7:05 PM Post #10 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by zeromacro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There is not much review at all for low-end customs. At least in relation to all the high-end universals and top-end customs love going around here. No one cares about low-end customs cause it's 'low-end.' Despite they are probably usually a lot better than top-end universals.

you say no one cares about low end, i find that hard to believe seeing as there are too many topics to count about how livewires are sweet and everyone should have them or something along those lines. yeah i guess you could say there low end but there not cheap, and im not one that can just drop 1-3k on a headphone setup, therefore i ask for a review so mabye i can see if im getting my money's worth...get it? just cuz there not the UE11 or the JH13 doesnt mean there not worth discussing the quality.

Jul 26, 2009 at 7:37 PM Post #11 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherlock19 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you say no one cares about low end, i find that hard to believe seeing as there are too many topics to count about how livewires are sweet and everyone should have them or something along those lines. yeah i guess you could say there low end but there not cheap, and im not one that can just drop 1-3k on a headphone setup, therefore i ask for a review so mabye i can see if im getting my money's worth...get it? just cuz there not the UE11 or the JH13 doesnt mean there not worth discussing the quality.

You misunderstood me completely. Which begs me to wonder whether you understood my post as a whole or took bits of it to disintegrate. But regardless, I myself have been looking into 2-driver entry level customs for quite some time, just as you are now. So it's definitely not a "low-end" hate. And they certainly are NOT cheap. I'm merely pointing out the my personal observations, mind you with ironical taunt I must admit. I could very well be wrong. Maybe the general members here do care a lot about them but maybe it's just that they are an emerging market and people just don't know much about them. In the meantime I see a lot more top end product universals/customs so and so appreciation threads while I see none at all with the entry level customs. I could be wrong in my view as I've already mentioned. I hope this made it clear to you on what I was trying to imply in the first place.

Jul 26, 2009 at 8:06 PM Post #12 of 107
yes you have, thanks for clearing things up and i can agree there are more high end appreciation threads, what are some of your options if you are also in the market for a entry level custom, i have been looking at the new fidelity livewires and JH audio also, FREQ but there on hold till the new year, and alien ears but its very hard to pick one thats right for me.

Jul 26, 2009 at 10:39 PM Post #14 of 107
i have been looking into alot of the same products but heard more worse than good about the fidelity livewires, now they the partners parted ways or whatever happened, also havent been doing a ton of reading on them.

The freq were something i was seriously considering also except the company has postponed its products untill the new year for the better im sure but thats just too long for me, i was hoping i could get these iem's before school started(Sept 10)

First time seeing the sleek audio seems okay, only one drivers seems kind of odd, going to have to do some research on em.

The Alien Ears seem really nice too 375 for a triple driver detachable cable seems really reasonable, but i guess its all about how it sounds in the long run regardless of drivers. definitly one of my top considerations

For some reason i cant get the JH-5 pro's out of my mind because its Jerry Harveys return and i feel like hes trying to show UE that he is the boss at all levels from the miraculous JH-13 all the way to the JH-5.

So many considerations and just no way to be sure im going to pick whats best, this is quite nerve racking lol i hope it pays off regarless of what i end up purchasing i guess its as long as im satisfied, who cares if theres not enough reviews, i might be making blind jump here well see what happens

Users who are viewing this thread

Back