JH Audio JH-5 pro review
Jul 27, 2009 at 9:30 AM Post #16 of 107
thats awesome, seems like they are just so worth it as far as customer satisfaction.

Jul 27, 2009 at 7:28 PM Post #17 of 107
whelp tomorrow is my day off from work and im scheduling an impression at a local place, gonna go with the JH-5 pro seeing as there arent many of you that have em and let you know what i think. wish me luck!

Jul 27, 2009 at 7:38 PM Post #18 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherlock19 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
whelp tomorrow is my day off from work and im scheduling an impression at a local place, gonna go with the JH-5 pro seeing as there arent many of you that have em and let you know what i think. wish me luck!

good luck!
beerchug.gif

Jul 28, 2009 at 3:47 AM Post #19 of 107
Hoping my JH5Pros will be here tomorrow....surely will be this week. I'll let you know how they go. I own a pair of Westone ES2s, so I'll have a pretty good way of comparing to other customs. I've also used the Shure line of E1 and E5 pretty extensively, so I can compare them to universals in that way also. I also had a pair of Alien Ears (hearyourself.com) dual drivers that I sent back on the 10 day money back guarantee. They didn't stand up to the comparison test of the Westones well in my opinion. I like the company and the guy running it, but they just didn't work for me. Two guys in my band have Alien Ears and one is completely satisfied (dual drivers) and the other is mildly satisfied (2 low drivers, 1 high)....

I'll keep you posted on the JH5s.

Jul 28, 2009 at 5:03 AM Post #20 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherlock19 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I hope that goes well! Be sure to keep us posted
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 28, 2009 at 11:24 AM Post #21 of 107
i will, i am getting my impressions done at 1130 this afternoon. I found a local place that does them for only 15 bucks i was really excited. Once my impressions are done filling out the order form and off to jhaudio they go

Aug 1, 2009 at 11:19 PM Post #22 of 107
the wait is killing me, i sent in my impressions on tuesday and the shipping conformation was concluded friday morning saying the package was delivered and still no word, im guessing they just couldnt get to it on friday and i hope to hear from them monday. Also my new mp3 player was ordered thursday and i should be recieving it tomorrow or monday, swell times at my house just, cant wait any longer for the iems lol.

Aug 1, 2009 at 11:56 PM Post #24 of 107
hmm, think that was sarcasm lol? Anyways i will be posting a review as soon as my pair arrives but patience is the only way, almost no hair left on my head already...gonna have to start pulling arm and leg hair awaiting the arrival of them.

Aug 8, 2009 at 6:39 AM Post #25 of 107
Keep us updated Sherlock!
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 8, 2009 at 7:28 AM Post #26 of 107
Jerry said that he'd send out a sample of the JH-5 already, and somebody was already going to do it.

Aug 8, 2009 at 7:46 AM Post #27 of 107
Once i get mine I think i'm gonna start a review / picture / appreciation thread....
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 8, 2009 at 4:19 PM Post #28 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by gregokeys /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hoping my JH5Pros will be here tomorrow....surely will be this week. I'll let you know how they go. I own a pair of Westone ES2s, so I'll have a pretty good way of comparing to other customs. I've also used the Shure line of E1 and E5 pretty extensively, so I can compare them to universals in that way also. I also had a pair of Alien Ears (hearyourself.com) dual drivers that I sent back on the 10 day money back guarantee. They didn't stand up to the comparison test of the Westones well in my opinion. I like the company and the guy running it, but they just didn't work for me. Two guys in my band have Alien Ears and one is completely satisfied (dual drivers) and the other is mildly satisfied (2 low drivers, 1 high)....

I'll keep you posted on the JH5s.

Did you get them yet?

Aug 15, 2009 at 3:53 AM Post #30 of 107
Sorry for the delay guys. I got em a week ago and there was a problem with the left ear fit. I really don't think it was JHAudio's problem so much as maybe one of the impressions wasn't good. I sent them my Westone ES2s and they did a cast with those. Just got them both back today.

The JH5Pro does not disappoint. Good, solid, deep lows with punch and crisp, clear highs. Plenty of warmth in the midrange as well, even with just the low and high driver. I compare them to my Westone ES2s that I've had for a couple of years and I think they're a little better than the ES2s due to the fact that the low end is better - I'd say the highs are similar. Overall, I think the JH5s are a better earpiece because of that. If you have questions, feel free to post....

Right now, I'm listening to them through my iPod, but will let you know how they go in the real monitoring situation on Sunday. I will be using them with the band for the first time through the Aviom system and a Shure PSM600 Wireless system. I think it's gonna sound really good.

I had been considering these and the UE4Pros. If I had it to do all over again, I'd buy these again in a heartbeat and they blow the Alien Ears dual drivers out of the water (I had those for all of about 2 days before I knew they didn't measure up). I sent them back on the 10 day guarantee and then bought the JH5Pros. I love em and think I'm gonna keep loving em. Plus, I really like Jerry, Brittany, and the gang at JHAudio - family business with GREAT customer service.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back