JH Audio JH-3A
Jun 9, 2010 at 7:31 PM Post #361 of 2,681
My goodness, it just hit me and it hit me hard. I won't be unboxing my JH16 Pro + JH-3A until the next 2-3 months.
frown.gif

Jun 9, 2010 at 7:53 PM Post #362 of 2,681

Quote:
My goodness, it just hit me and it hit me hard. I won't be unboxing my JH16 Pro + JH-3A until the next 2-3 months.
frown.gif

Ahh, to be young again where 2-3 months seems like a lifetime! It will fly by sonic, it will fly by!

Jun 9, 2010 at 8:08 PM Post #363 of 2,681
Am I the only one here who finds this thread reminiscent of the JH13 Pro Appreciation thread? The speculations, the impressions of the universal prototype version, and of course... the waiting.

For me, I don't mind the 2-3-month delay. I already invested more than $1000 on some electric bicycle components/gear to commute to work. Going to take some time to work up that $1750 + ear impressions.

Jun 9, 2010 at 8:11 PM Post #364 of 2,681

Quote:
Am I the only one here who finds this thread reminiscent of the JH13 Pro Appreciation thread? The speculations, the impressions of the universal prototype version, and of course... the waiting.

For me, I don't mind the 2-3-month delay. I already invested more than $1000 on some electric bicycle components/gear to commute to work. Going to take some time to work up that $1750 + ear impressions.

Yes, and then the thread turns into one of the most active threads on Head-Fi filled with glowing impressions of how amazing it sounds.

Jun 9, 2010 at 8:24 PM Post #365 of 2,681
Yeah, SHADYMILKMAN, I'd like to share my opinion of your posts. I give you credit for being creative, but felt that you either did not quite have the proper vocabulary to explain, or you did not quite understand the components that already exist and how they work. No problem. However, I would avoid using a presumptuous tone like "that sucks" or "if JH is really trying to innovate" as if he isn't already an innovative entrepreneur and that the only way to innovate is your way. Qusp is quite the blunt and assertive person here and has quite a lot of respect for JH (as many others here do also), so it's understandable that he responded to your handful of posts in the way that he did. No hard feelins'.
smile_phones.gif

Jun 9, 2010 at 8:45 PM Post #366 of 2,681

Quote:
Yes, and then the thread turns into one of the most active threads on Head-Fi filled with glowing impressions of how amazing it sounds.

Ah, but in this case, very few owners of the JH-13's have anything negative to say about them. So, the glowing impressions are indeed accurate.
If I had to do the "pick one headphone/desert island hypothesis".....the 13's would be the one.

Jun 9, 2010 at 9:25 PM Post #367 of 2,681
Quote:
Ah, but in this case, very few owners of the JH-13's have anything negative to say about them. So, the glowing impressions are indeed accurate.
If I had to do the "pick one headphone/desert island hypothesis".....the 13's would be the one.

This is the conundrum, isn't it? The JH16s are meant to be an improvement on the JH13' and a few people who own both slighlt prefer them but if you look at perecentage leveles of satisafction on here, the JH13s rule.

I still haven't figured that out.

Jun 9, 2010 at 9:40 PM Post #368 of 2,681

Quote:
Quote:

This is the conundrum, isn't it? The JH16s are meant to be an improvement on the JH13' and a few people who own both slighlt prefer them but if you look at perecentage leveles of satisafction on here, the JH13s rule.

The 13's been out longer therefore acquired more owners to praise it's beauty. In some ways I think I regret going for the 16's because I find the bass of the 13's to be chameleon like to the recording. Thank goodness for the bass control on the JH-3A.

Jun 9, 2010 at 9:43 PM Post #369 of 2,681

Quote:
Quote:

Ehh... the 16s were not meant to be an improvement on the 13s by their creator. Also, I've read quite a few people's posts saying that the 16s for too bassy for their liking. If I were to choose between the two to couple with the 3A I'd pick the 16s, just because of the 3A's bass control feature, where I can tone down the bass. I just think that 4 drivers might have noticeably better control than 2 drivers in the sub-sub-bass region (15hz-35hz) at moderate-to-high volume.

Jun 9, 2010 at 9:47 PM Post #371 of 2,681
Jerry, from the onset, has said that the JH-16's were created more for musicians, than music listener by boosting the bass. 
He uses one of the bass armatures on the 16 for bass reverberations, unless I misunderstood.
Now, by being able to control the bass, right on the amp, and tuning each and every JH-16/JH-3A, then, no 2 setups should be alike.
No one has ever done this before, and I feel that this has great potential. I suppose this could also be done with the 13's, but I'm not sure.
I am fortunate enough to already have the 13's from last spring, but I did not them whit a proprietary cable, because I use my 13's on my
constant work travels) which I use my 13's, a Nano playing lossless and a low profile LED into a Shadow...and maybe someday a Pico Slim) , and I had to layout the extra money on getting
new impressions and have a dedicated 16/3A combo. It hurt me financially at this time, buy I do want the best sound possible, and
I was floored (really floored by the output of this combo).
My only complaint, since I am #5, is that they asked for the money in advance. I would have been happier putting down a $100 non-refundable
deposit, and pay the rest before shipping. Most of our other member/MOT's do it that way.

I like Jerry and Brittany a lot, and have known Jerry since '96, but I feel that they were being a little money hungry, especially by not giving the
early adopters some kind of discount. That's pretty much standard fare in this industry.

Jun 9, 2010 at 9:57 PM Post #372 of 2,681

Quote:
Jerry, from the onset, has said that the JH-16's were created more for musicians, than music listener by boosting the bass. 
He uses one of the bass armatures on the 16 for bass reverberations, unless I misunderstood.
Now, by being able to control the bass, right on the amp, and tuning each and every JH-16/JH-3A, then, no 2 setups should be alike.
No one has ever done this before, and I feel that this has great potential. I suppose this could also be done with the 13's, but I'm not sure.
I am fortunate enough to already have the 13's from last spring, but I did not them with a proprietary cable, because I use my 13's on my
constant work travels) which I use my 13's, a Nano playing lossless and a low profile LED into a Shadow...and maybe someday a Pico Slim) , and I had to layout the extra money on getting
new impressions and have a dedicated 16/3A combo. It hurt me financially at this time, buy I do want the best sound possible, and
I was floored (really floored by the output of this combo).
My only complaint, since I am #5, is that they asked for the money in advance. I would have been happier putting down a $100 non-refundable
deposit, and pay the rest before shipping. Most of our other member/MOT's do it that way.

I like Jerry and Brittany a lot, and have known Jerry since '96, but I feel that they were being a little money hungry, especially by not giving the
early adopters some kind of discount. That's pretty much standard fare in this industry.

I guess maybe the JH-3A is not a profitable item.

Jun 9, 2010 at 10:05 PM Post #373 of 2,681

Quote:

A very bold statement that I can agree with....

BTW, do you guys get the xover on you IEM that are to be redone? does JHA keep it? will it be transplanted on regular 16/13s?  I'm asking coz those are perfectly good xovers that they're removing and I don't think they'll just yank it like it's worthless... just asking.

Jun 9, 2010 at 10:10 PM Post #374 of 2,681

Quote:
A very bold statement that I can agree with....

BTW, do you guys get the xover on you IEM that are to be redone? does JHA keep it? will it be transplanted on regular 16/13s?  I'm asking coz those are perfectly good xovers that they're removing and I don't think they'll just yank it like it's worthless... just asking.

I'm sure it'll be removed and recycled, or maybe not.
blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back