JH Audio JH-3A
Feb 23, 2011 at 11:31 AM Post #2,225 of 2,681

Quote:
oh... i thought there was talk of one a long time ago thats why i asked.

Craig has orders for it and will be available, but he cannot build them until he has an amp to test it.  I placed my order back in August, but everybody expected the amp to actually ship long before now.  So, until the product is released, no aftermarket products could be brought to market either, it's just a dependency.  Even if the specs are made available by JHA, which I believe has already happened, in the case of the cable, they can only be used for prototyping at best.

Feb 23, 2011 at 12:18 PM Post #2,226 of 2,681
Laz, has Craig priced the jh3a cable yet?

Feb 23, 2011 at 1:10 PM Post #2,229 of 2,681
granted, it's expensive, but compared to a standard iem cable there's a lot more material in there!

Feb 23, 2011 at 1:13 PM Post #2,230 of 2,681
Agreed, if true. I wonder why such a large price difference between that and the normal TWAG OM v.2 48 inches?  It can't be simply bcause the base outlay on the JH-3A is that much higher, please tell me that's not it..  

Feb 23, 2011 at 1:16 PM Post #2,231 of 2,681

Quote:
Regarding the case/protection for the Amp unit, if you are going to carry it around in your pocket or another bag then have you considered using the Invisible Shield from zagg which you can cut to size to protect the whole unit.
I use it on all my portable electronics and below are pictures of a couple of amps I have protected with it and it don't add any further bulk to the units like any other option would.

the invisible shield is nice to protect the finish but it provides no real protective value other wise. cushioning seems highly desirable!

Quote:
Agreed, if true. I wonder why such a large price difference between that and the normal TWAG OM v.2 48 inches?  It can't be simply bcause the base outlay on the JH-3A is that much higher, please tell me that's not it..  

it's got a lot more cable, i think 4x as much.

Feb 23, 2011 at 1:19 PM Post #2,232 of 2,681
Yeah, that is really expensive especially considering it is only 4 feet long!  The one thing that I'm really n ot sure about is how bulky the cable will be....there will be 8 strands that split into 4 going into each earpiece.  To me thats a little too bulky to wrap around the ear. 

The benefit of the JH3a stock cable is that its very tightly wound and not very thick.

Feb 23, 2011 at 1:24 PM Post #2,234 of 2,681
since it's triamped with 3 sets of dual drivers per earpiece, why this # of cables?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back