JH Audio JH-3A
Feb 18, 2011 at 7:34 PM Post #2,163 of 2,681

Quote:
Idle speculation on my part, but it seems like the 30 day estimate is fairly aggressive given that the product is not complete...

Well we should all know that they are pros at overzealous estimation at this point...

Feb 18, 2011 at 7:38 PM Post #2,164 of 2,681

Quote:
Arrrrrrr, I knew it!!!  I'm so sick of these stupid updates every 2-3 weeks.  Basically their last excuse was a load of B.S. saying that the amps were ready but shipping delayed due to the chinese new year. 

The last excuse was the truth as they knew it, they are currently at the mercy of an overseas vendor. There were several miscommunications from the vendor to JH so this explains the boat we are collectively in.

I ordered at CanJam Chicago and have my money plunked down like many of you and am not happy about the wait either. At this point knowing Jerry and company as I do I take them at their word as in all my dealings they have been straight with me. Do you really think they like taking a beating in the forums, having  an admin call them out and taking several calls a day on this project? I know it's a bunch a money heck $1800 is a good chunk of change to me but I know they are as frustrated as I am about this delay.

Feb 19, 2011 at 12:22 AM Post #2,165 of 2,681

Quote:
And your positive intuition is wrong as usual.  They said they will be receiving them within 30 days, then tuning.  Says so on their facebook page.

Yes you are correct.  Gee golly, oh well.  But even though for this product life cycle I have been way off, I'm still sticking to my positive attitude!

EDIT:  What you say is true but that is WORST CASE scenario.  So again, it maybe shorter, we just don't know.

Feb 19, 2011 at 12:43 AM Post #2,166 of 2,681
Yes you are correct.  Gee golly, oh well.  But even though for this product life cycle I have been way off, I'm still sticking to my positive attitude!

EDIT:  What you say is true but that is WORST CASE scenario.  So again, it maybe shorter, we just don't know.

No, worst case scenario is that manufacturers plant burns down before the parts ship out leaving us all SOL...

Feb 19, 2011 at 1:13 AM Post #2,167 of 2,681
Quote:
No, worst case scenario is that manufacturers plant burns down before the parts ship out leaving us all SOL...

Well, I could think of plenty of worse scenarios, but someone will just accuse me of slander for listing things that logically possible but unlikely if I do.

Feb 19, 2011 at 1:38 AM Post #2,168 of 2,681
Than this is no longer "now ships Winter 2011" but "now ships Early Spring 2011".  They should make the change on their website. 
Furthermore, if they are getting the amps within a month, that means amps won't go out until at least a month a half from now. We're talking about early April shipment now.

Feb 19, 2011 at 2:10 AM Post #2,169 of 2,681
if anyone calls them soon or has a facebook account (id call myself but im out of the country for a while)  could you please ask them what type of case this thing comes with and ask if it will hold the whole shebang, or get any details that are available?

that would be much appreciated... I'm sure im not the only one who would like not to be caught off guard and have to scramble for a good case if they dont provide one.. or if it wont hold everything.

thanks

oops i suppose i could email them.. anyway my request still stands regardless..

Feb 19, 2011 at 8:56 AM Post #2,170 of 2,681

Quote:

The last excuse was the truth as they knew it, they are currently at the mercy of an overseas vendor. There were several miscommunications from the vendor to JH so this explains the boat we are collectively in.

I ordered at CanJam Chicago and have my money plunked down like many of you and am not happy about the wait either. At this point knowing Jerry and company as I do I take them at their word as in all my dealings they have been straight with me. Do you really think they like taking a beating in the forums, having  an admin call them out and taking several calls a day on this project? I know it's a bunch a money heck $1800 is a good chunk of change to me but I know they are as frustrated as I am about this delay.

I'm more of a fanboi than you, JP.  I actually placed--and fully paid--my order before Can Jam.  I know I'm getting a hoodie, but it occurred to my if I invested that $1,800 into just even an S&P Index fund, I would have probably doubled it and could have gotten a JH-3A for free by placing the order now (minus taxes) had I known the extent of the delay.  I'm not complaining, the decision was mine and hindsight is always 20/20.

Feb 19, 2011 at 9:02 AM Post #2,171 of 2,681

Quote:
if anyone calls them soon or has a facebook account (id call myself but im out of the country for a while)  could you please ask them what type of case this thing comes with and ask if it will hold the whole shebang, or get any details that are available?

that would be much appreciated... I'm sure im not the only one who would like not to be caught off guard and have to scramble for a good case if they dont provide one.. or if it wont hold everything.

thanks

oops i suppose i could email them.. anyway my request still stands regardless..

done

Feb 19, 2011 at 10:23 AM Post #2,173 of 2,681

Quote:
I'm more of a fanboi than you, JP.  I actually placed--and fully paid--my order before Can Jam.  I know I'm getting a hoodie, but it occurred to my if I invested that $1,800 into just even an S&P Index fund, I would have probably doubled it and could have gotten a JH-3A for free by placing the order now (minus taxes) had I known the extent of the delay.  I'm not complaining, the decision was mine and hindsight is always 20/20.

And the stinger is that the only "freebie" you all get  for your loyalty and patience is to actually to be a walking billboard for JH Audio!
Am I the only one who see's the irony and cheek in that!

Feb 19, 2011 at 12:17 PM Post #2,174 of 2,681

Quote:
And the stinger is that the only "freebie" you all get  for your loyalty and patience is to actually to be a walking billboard for JH Audio!
Am I the only one who see's the irony and cheek in that!

it doesnt sound nearly as cool when you say it like that
wink_face.gif

meh... at this point whats another month...  I definitely dont feel JH has been dishonest.  I am sure they are doing their best. 

When it finally arrives, and it sounds absolutely phenomenal, none of this will matter anymore. 

Feb 19, 2011 at 1:10 PM Post #2,175 of 2,681
it doesnt sound nearly as cool when you say it like that
wink_face.gif

meh... at this point whats another month...  I definitely dont feel JH has been dishonest.  I am sure they are doing their best. 

When it finally arrives, and it sounds absolutely phenomenal, none of this will matter anymore. 

It is going to be very interesting to see what people think six months down the line once the hyperbole has gone, I am sure though from what has been written that this is a game changing device and I hope you all get a lot of enjoyment from it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back