JH Audio have lost my JH16's and UE11's
Dec 24, 2010 at 11:18 PM Post #31 of 228

Quote:
It is also not fair if indeed the post office delivered the package to the wrong address for JH to be taking that responsibility.

Quote:

Thank you guys so much for the support. I just received an email from Brittany and she says she has been reading this post and if the package is not fou d she will replace the 16's for me, apparently once she hears back from the post office but like I have stated I believe this was delivered so don't see what the post office has to do with this. I'm still waiting to hear back on what they intend to do about the UE11's as they cost nearly as much as my 16's.
Again, thank you so much for the support.

if it's insured for $500 euro, could it be possible JH audio is trying to cut there losses or possibly even cash off the insurance?

Dec 24, 2010 at 11:21 PM Post #32 of 228

That's cus you bugged them twice and they were trying to get you off their back twice. That's what we do with annoying customers...

Quote:

You are still missing the point here, JHA twice gave me a ship date, the first time saying it would be sent early this week then on Thursday saying it would now have to be sent after the holidays. I don't believe they would have said that and given ship dates if they did not have my customs.I hope that's a little more clear for you.

Dec 24, 2010 at 11:24 PM Post #33 of 228

Quote:
That's cus you bugged them twice and they were trying to get you off their back twice. That's what we do with annoying customers...

Quote:

You are still missing the point here, JHA twice gave me a ship date, the first time saying it would be sent early this week then on Thursday saying it would now have to be sent after the holidays. I don't believe they would have said that and given ship dates if they did not have my customs.I hope that's a little more clear for you.

...0_o!

Dec 24, 2010 at 11:27 PM Post #34 of 228

If me contacting someone when my repair of something they caused on my $1149 purchase is not sent back on time is considered annoying then so be it!

Dec 24, 2010 at 11:30 PM Post #35 of 228

Quote:

If me contacting someone when my repair of something they caused on my $1149 purchase is not sent back on time is considered annoying then so be it!

sounds like squidward at the helm or a awfully disgruntled worker that doesn't care about his/her job/company

Dec 24, 2010 at 11:31 PM Post #37 of 228
Look, I have been in both sides of customer support. The good customer support and the bad customer support. On the bad customer support: when you have more work than you can handle, you would rather tell the customer a lie to get them off your back to buy you more time to complete all the orders that are late also. In your case it happened twice. Once they said, OK maybe we should start working on this thing, they actually found out that they did not have the package. Did they lose it? If they were extremely disorganized they certainly could; otherwise, it is also possible for USPS to have delivered it to the wrong address. I like to keep my mind open on this issue. It could be just the way you say it happened, but there could also be other explanations.

Dec 24, 2010 at 11:39 PM Post #38 of 228
I am with DJGeorgeT here. I have similar experience before, just because the package is signed for doesn't mean the package has been delivered to the right address. Some people will sign for anything that comes to the door without reading or caring who the package is addressed to. and USPS is certainly not the most reliable shipping company in the world. Perhaps indeed it is someone from JH misplaced the package, perhaps it isn't, I think at least we should allow JH the time to figure thing out before jumping the gun! Also, I am assuming Brittany was giving the OP an estimation of date based on the turn over time on JH and didn't actually check whether the package was in or not. If so, she should have done a better job there and taken the time to double check, but it doesn't mean she is intentionally trying to screw the OP.

Quote:
Hey man, I re-read the OP and nowhere it says that JH acknowledged receiving the package. Instead, as bad customer support, they just emailed back saying that they would ship this week to get the customer off their back. THIS HAPPENS ALL THE TIME.

I don't think you should be siding with any party unless you have the story from both sides.

Dec 24, 2010 at 11:40 PM Post #39 of 228
Normally, I'd agree with listening to both side of stories... however, when it comes to a $2000-worth package, that's a really big deal.

Of course, he should follow up on if USPS really delivered it on the right address. Though if USPS did leave the package in the front door... then I don't even know what JH Audio is thinking. I mean, as a custom company that are providing really expensive products, I'd imagine they'd have a receptionist to receive these really expensive packages. If not, my faith pummels even more. We aren't exactly talking about a little and tiny small company here.

Dec 24, 2010 at 11:40 PM Post #40 of 228

how big is JH audio, was brittany the same rep that told you that they would be shipping the phones back? if so, somebody isn't being very honest

She was and from pictures I have seen their premises are really big. They did also move premises a day or two after they received my package so I believe the package must have been lost or misplaced when they moved.

Dec 24, 2010 at 11:49 PM Post #41 of 228

Quote:

She was and from pictures I have seen their premises are really big. They did also move premises a day or two after they received my package so I believe the package must have been lost or misplaced when they moved.

the somebody is doing a real poor job trying to BS

Dec 24, 2010 at 11:58 PM Post #42 of 228
It is an insured package, so signature is required. All JH needs to do is ask USPS to put out the document to find the signature. I am sure that is what they are trying to do now. If you don't trust them, try contacting USPS and ask for the document yourself. 

Dec 25, 2010 at 12:00 AM Post #43 of 228

Quote:
Look, I have been in both sides of customer support. The good customer support and the bad customer support. On the bad customer support: when you have more work than you can handle, you would rather tell the customer a lie to get them off your back to buy you more time to complete all the orders that are late also. In your case it happened twice. Once they said, OK maybe we should start working on this thing, they actually found out that they did not have the package. Did they lose it? If they were extremely disorganized they certainly could; otherwise, it is also possible for USPS to have delivered it to the wrong address. I like to keep my mind open on this issue. It could be just the way you say it happened, but there could also be other explanations.

while I agree with what you said and there certainly is the possibility that they never received the package, I still think the onus is on JH simply paying the price for their bad customer service...If this had happened at any other large company with proof of such email exchange they would have to fund and take on the cost.
this is regardless if they have received it or not. They could have approached the OP with honesty, saying that although they replied and told him that his goods would be delivered they have found out that they actually never received the item, but since they have mislead and provided bad customer service they will now provide him with one free of charge. They could also have asked from the OP nicely if he would help them with USPS lost claim to recover some of the cost.
That is what I would expect from a good company.  Yes they are a small company and the cost might be substantial for them but it is much better to have your reputation intact rather than have such bad customer service blasted on this site...

Dec 25, 2010 at 12:12 AM Post #44 of 228

Quote:
Quote:

while I agree with what you said and there certainly is the possibility that they never received the package, I still think the onus is on JH simply paying the price for their bad customer service...If this had happened at any other large company with proof of such email exchange they would have to fund and take on the cost.
this is regardless if they have received it or not. They could have approached the OP with honesty, saying that although they replied and told him that his goods would be delivered they have found out that they actually never received the item, but since they have mislead and provided bad customer service they will now provide him with one free of charge. They could also have asked from the OP nicely if he would help them with USPS lost claim to recover some of the cost.
That is what I would expect from a good company.  Yes they are a small company and the cost might be substantial for them but it is much better to have your reputation intact rather than have such bad customer service blasted on this site...

I agree on this as well. UM is capable of this (along with bad English, haha). And UM is most definitely a smaller company than JH Audio.

Dec 25, 2010 at 12:18 AM Post #45 of 228

Quote:
Quote:

the somebody is doing a real poor job trying to BS

i think you need to calm down.  first of all, theyre trying to resolve the issue by looking into it. second, youre going strictly on what the OP says... i have never dealt with JH but i am certain a company like JH doesnt need ppl like you jumping to conclusions and calling them a bad company etc.  get a grip. crap happens in real life and sometimes its not the fault of the business. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back