JH Audio Angie Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jan 10, 2016 at 11:21 PM Post #1,486 of 3,122
If anything get mojo

Not necessarily.  The AKJr will deliver very good sound, and there's no real reason to stack and spend for him at this point.  

For me, I have no real desire for the Mojo, as it defeats the purpose (to me) of my 120ll and my balanced Moon cable.  I like the sound I'm getting.  If you go to the For Sale section of HeadFi, there are (or have been) lots of Mojos for sale by people who tried them and decided to move on.  Right now the Mojo is the flavor of the month, but things will change again and people will move on to the next greatest thing.  That's the nature of this hobby.  The trick is to find what you like and then not rush off to the next hot thing.  

Jan 10, 2016 at 11:27 PM Post #1,487 of 3,122
Not necessarily.  The AKJr will deliver very good sound, and there's no real reason to stack and spend for him at this point.  

For me, I have no real desire for the Mojo, as it defeats the purpose (to me) of my 120ll and my balanced Moon cable.  I like the sound I'm getting.  If you go to the For Sale section of HeadFi, there are (or have been) lots of Mojos for sale by people who tried them and decided to move on.  Right now the Mojo is the flavor of the month, but things will change again and people will move on to the next greatest thing.  That's the nature of this hobby.  The trick is to find what you like and then not rush off to the next hot thing.  

I have both Mojo and AK240 here. IME Mojo > AK240 balanced to the Angie. Then again the Mojo stack is not really that convenient. Horses for courses.

Jan 10, 2016 at 11:41 PM Post #1,488 of 3,122
You walk around with that?  
wink_face.gif

Jan 10, 2016 at 11:48 PM Post #1,490 of 3,122
You walk around with that?  :wink_face:

Of course not, that's why I said "not really convenient".

Also the same reason I still have the AK240 for the Angie. :wink_face:

Jan 10, 2016 at 11:54 PM Post #1,491 of 3,122
The Angies have been sounding better to me in the past couple days; I switched to the large comply tips and turned the bass dials down, aswell as EQing a bit on my Fiio X5ii (but they also sound better on my non-EQd MBP), not sure how much these factor over 'mental-burn-in'

I am finding an appreciation for hearing.. I don't know how to describe it, but for certain instruments like strings or woodwinds I can hear the 'fullness' of the instrument, the 'air' and 'vibrations', same with vocals it's like I'm hearing them in person the full texture and details of speech. I have not experienced this before as I am with the Angie.

The Angies are still not perfect to me, but I'm not giving up on her yet, she has some amazing qualities I havn't heard before.. hopefully I will 'adapt' to her sound the more I hear her, and find the right EQ. And with the 200$+ more full metal jacket lineup taking over the old carbon fibres I don't see the resale value dropping anytime soon, which gives me more time to play with her
etysmile.gif

Jan 12, 2016 at 5:41 AM Post #1,492 of 3,122
I got bunch of Westone True-Fit tips foam left from my old Westone accessory. So, I decided to mod the black tips one with Comply T-500 core. it's kinda messy but it does work. the comfort is very good and the bass extension is even better than Comply tips. Maybe I'll mod the green one later.

Jan 12, 2016 at 8:24 AM Post #1,493 of 3,122
does angie pair well with ZX2 ?

Jan 12, 2016 at 11:07 AM Post #1,495 of 3,122
Advice on Angie pairing needed! AK100 ii are currently on Massdrop for $459... For the last couple of months I have been deciding between the Mojo at about $500 and AK Jr. at about $350.

Background: I have a FLAC library to fill the DAPs but I also have a subscription to Tidal and I enjoy the convenience/freedom that streaming offers.

Question: If I was leaning toward buying the Mojo for $500-$525 should the entrance of the AK100ii at $459 change my mind? Is it a much better bang for the buck and too good to pass up even if I enjoy the convenience of streaming through my phone?

Jan 12, 2016 at 11:52 AM Post #1,496 of 3,122
  Advice on Angie pairing needed! AK100 ii are currently on Massdrop for $459... For the last couple of months I have been deciding between the Mojo at about $500 and AK Jr. at about $350.

Background: I have a FLAC library to fill the DAPs but I also have a subscription to Tidal and I enjoy the convenience/freedom that streaming offers.

Question: If I was leaning toward buying the Mojo for $500-$525 should the entrance of the AK100ii at $459 change my mind? Is it a much better bang for the buck and too good to pass up even if I enjoy the convenience of streaming through my phone?

This is evil, but I'd say get the AK100ii for IEMs, and stack it with the Mojo for headphones. Honestly you need the hear the balanced out from the AK for your Angies. They were made for each other.

Jan 12, 2016 at 2:45 PM Post #1,497 of 3,122

aand I just impulse bought the AK100 ii 
deadhorse.gif
 guess I should hold onto my Angies for at least a couple more months until the AK comes to see how this balanced is

Jan 12, 2016 at 3:18 PM Post #1,500 of 3,122
  you were fast, congrats, the drop is already closed.
I was not.

Yeah I saw it, then saw limited to 75, and the number claimed was going up each time I refreshed the page... I usually do extensive research before I ever pay that much for something, but I figured worst case scenario I could always sell it easily at cost.. so.. impulse 
blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back