JH Audio Angie Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jan 12, 2016 at 3:21 PM Post #1,501 of 3,122
JH audio are awesome. They sent me a new cable for free and it seems to have cured the right hand earphone cutting out :) Big shout out to Angie for this, great customer service.

Jan 12, 2016 at 5:21 PM Post #1,502 of 3,122
  JH audio are awesome. They sent me a new cable for free and it seems to have cured the right hand earphone cutting out :) Big shout out to Angie for this, great customer service.

I had called AK regarding this in November, since mine are Uni's. They asked me to send the entire unit for RMA with 2-3 weeks turn around time. I just switched to SE cable for now. I might have to call them to see, if they can swap just the cables.

Jan 12, 2016 at 5:28 PM Post #1,503 of 3,122
  I had called AK regarding this in November, since mine are Uni's. They asked me to send the entire unit for RMA with 2-3 weeks turn around time. I just switched to SE cable for now. I might have to call them to see, if they can swap just the cables.

Oh I didn't bother with AK. Worth calling or send an email! Literally asked them about it last week and now have the cable (I'm based in UK). After dealing with some awful companies their customer service is a welcomed change. This is my second set of Angie's, first was sent back to Amazon for a replacement due to this issue so it may have a better build this time.

Jan 12, 2016 at 6:50 PM Post #1,504 of 3,122
Has anyone replaced the cables on their Angie's with the ones offered by Moon Audio? If so, which model and how did it change the sound of your Angie's?

Also, would like input from anyone else who has swapped out their cables with any other brands.

Jan 12, 2016 at 7:04 PM Post #1,505 of 3,122
Has anyone replaced the cables on their Angie's with the ones offered by Moon Audio? If so, which model and how did it change the sound of your Angie's?

Also, would like input from anyone else who has swapped out their cables with any other brands.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/765867/jh-audio-angie-impressions-and-discussion-thread/1395#post_12227942

Jan 12, 2016 at 7:26 PM Post #1,507 of 3,122
http://www.head-fi.org/t/765867/jh-audio-angie-impressions-and-discussion-thread/1395#post_12227942

That's what I said.    
wink_face.gif

Jan 12, 2016 at 7:28 PM Post #1,508 of 3,122
thanks for the response! The link was very informative. How about any other after market cables? Anyone have good or bad experience with aftermarket cables for their Angie's?

I don't think anyone else offers cables for the Siren series.

Jan 12, 2016 at 7:32 PM Post #1,509 of 3,122

Does the new cable look different? Is it the cable shown in the link below at 6:04? Also, does it sound different than your old cable? Thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lznMVibv9yM

Jan 13, 2016 at 1:35 AM Post #1,511 of 3,122
Does the new cable look different? Is it the cable shown in the link below at 6:04? Also, does it sound different than your old cable? Thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lznMVibv9yM

It's the same original stock cable that comes with the Angie. Looks and sound the same. I may still go for a moon audio version as it improves sq and is a little thinner.

Jan 13, 2016 at 2:22 AM Post #1,512 of 3,122
It's the same original stock cable that comes with the Angie. Looks and sound the same. I may still go for a moon audio version as it improves sq and is a little thinner.

Okay, then I'm wondering why the new moon audio cables wouldn't be standard with all new purchases, especially since quality control has been way off with these cables for a really long time and JH Audio in ear monitors are not cheap. I know for a fact that the current stock cables don't sound as good as they should but I guess JH Audio doesn't care about that. I may have to go with the beat audio cables because the moon audio black dragons don't sound good with the Roxannes but if I ever purchase another pair of in ear monitors it won't be from JH Audio that's for sure.

Jan 13, 2016 at 2:57 AM Post #1,513 of 3,122
Okay, then I'm wondering why the new moon audio cables wouldn't be standard with all new purchases, especially since quality control has been way off with these cables for a really long time and JH Audio in ear monitors are not cheap. I know for a fact that the current stock cables don't sound as good as they should but I guess JH Audio doesn't care about that. I may have to go with the beat audio cables because the moon audio black dragons don't sound good with the Roxannes but if I ever purchase another pair of in ear monitors it won't be from JH Audio that's for sure.

He was saying the replacement cable he got from JH audio is the same as the original cable. All the new JH Siren series Full Metal Jacket get a new cable made by Moon Audio, though not the same cable offered separately by Moon Audio themselves. The new cables bundled with the new Siren Series is supposed to be an improvement over the old stock cables.

Jan 13, 2016 at 8:40 AM Post #1,514 of 3,122
He was saying the replacement cable he got from JH audio is the same as the original cable. All the new JH Siren series Full Metal Jacket get a new cable made by Moon Audio, though not the same cable offered separately by Moon Audio themselves. The new cables bundled with the new Siren Series is supposed to be an improvement over the old stock cables.

Yes, I understand what he said and it's not fair. I'm on my third replacement cable from JH Audio, I bought it about a month ago and what do you know? Last night I discovered that the sound is cutting out on the right side. JH Audio is well aware of the issues with their cables so what do they do? Restrict the new improved cables to the newly released models and leave their old customers with the faulty cables since we cannot purchase the new cables. I'm going to a third party seller where I'll be FORCED to pay upwards of $200.00 just so that I can listen to my Roxannes that I paid over $1000 for. I will NEVER do business with JH Audio again and I advise everyone to look elsewhere. This has been going on for months! Poor quality control, never again.

Jan 13, 2016 at 9:12 AM Post #1,515 of 3,122
I've had zero problems with my single-end cable and a slight problem (fixed by re-seating it) with my balanced cable.  I've had zero problems with my new Moon Audio Black Dragon balanced cable. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back