JH Audio Angie Impressions and Discussion Thread
Sep 11, 2015 at 12:34 AM Post #571 of 3,122
Yeah, I use the Angie with full insertion, deep deep inside. Wait........ Hope that doesn't sound wrong!
biggrin.gif

And which tip did you decide on?

Sep 11, 2015 at 12:53 AM Post #572 of 3,122
And which tip did you decide on?

I really like the medium foams that came with the Angie but hardly use them because they're wearing out. I also really like the medium SpinFits. For some reason I also like the small silicone tips that came with Angie, and find the stock medium tips to be too large.

Sep 11, 2015 at 4:26 AM Post #574 of 3,122
  hi guys just traded my universal roxannes to universal angie, feeling mixed right now... anybody heard both before?

why u feel that

Sep 11, 2015 at 1:07 PM Post #576 of 3,122
The first batch of universal angies iem is messy weaving, well most are. Mine has a red thread sticking out of the weaving so i took it back for an exchange. Waited 2 weeks and got the new batch from korea in. Now its symetrical weaving and thats the way i like it - neat.

Before

After

Sep 11, 2015 at 1:29 PM Post #578 of 3,122
I agree the Kevlar weave, when too tight, looks a little funny. I've never seen Carbon Fiber look anything but exquisite. Including the CF on Angie's faceplate. I wonder why that is.

Sep 11, 2015 at 1:32 PM Post #580 of 3,122
Call me crazy, but I like the messier weaving a bit better.   When it is too tight, it looks like a basket.  To each his own I guess.  

The new ones are done in Korea?!
No. They get shipped to Korea from Florida

Sep 11, 2015 at 3:15 PM Post #581 of 3,122
Hmmmmm...... That's funny........ Made by JH in Florida and shipped to AK in Korea....... Who would have thought? :wink_face:

Sep 11, 2015 at 3:42 PM Post #582 of 3,122
As I write this, I'm using UE tips, Medium in my left ear, Small in my right.

Spiral Dots are my favorites, but they don't stay put for me, requiring the occasional re-adjust. Ultimate Ears give me superior bass, and right now I've got them good and secure.

And now I'm using the large UE tips in both ears. :D

I've found, with deep insertion, you must have perfect accuracy with the angle of the nozzle, or the sound gets thick and muddy. With shallow insertion, the sound enters the ear in a more natural manner. It's always clear and good. Unfortunately, it's harder to get a secure fit with shallow insertion. But if you get a good seal, it's a nicer sound, more comfortable, and MUCH less of a hassle--as you're not constantly trying to get most optimal angle.

The large UE tips have been working for me today at work.

Sep 11, 2015 at 5:53 PM Post #584 of 3,122

I went with the spiral dots.  Big opening, doesn't get in the way and seals quite well.

I agree. I have left one in my ear though and I don't like that. I will make a sleeve to make it more secure. So far the Spiral Dots seem to be the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back