JDSLabs C421 Preorder is live...
Oct 16, 2012 at 6:03 PM Post #661 of 692
Quote:

OR, if you're okay spending a bit more, and already ordering a C421 from JDS anyway, you could consider a "standalone ODAC":  http://www.jdslabs.com/item.php?fetchitem=46

There's a pricey set up lol! 

Oct 16, 2012 at 6:06 PM Post #662 of 692
Quote:
There's also the small E10 from fiio and don't forget the tiny Dragonfly!

It wasn't meant to be an exhaustive list....  I excluded the E10 cuz it's also an amp if I read correctly.  The Dragonfly was a good catch, though!

Quote:
There's a pricey set up lol! 

Yep.  I gave him the cheaper options first!

Oct 16, 2012 at 6:16 PM Post #663 of 692
Quote:
OR, if you're okay spending a bit more, and already ordering a C421 from JDS anyway, you could consider a "standalone ODAC":  http://www.jdslabs.com/item.php?fetchitem=46

That would make a nice "separates" laptop/desktop rig...

Oct 16, 2012 at 8:07 PM Post #664 of 692
Quote:

It wasn't meant to be an exhaustive list....  I excluded the E10 cuz it's also an amp if I read correctly.  The Dragonfly was a good catch, though!

Yep.  I gave him the cheaper options first!

Yea you did and I'm talking about myself, lol because I may end up with that kinda of rig LAWL 

Also listening to my First 24/88.6 [it's not 94hrz sample sadly] on the Dt 880s and omg 40khrz white noise never sounded so clear! I have this like 16bit Flac that's well not even have as good... there's just SO much missing from the Sax! mm nothing like Japanese Remastered Super High Quality Classic Jazz! 

Dave Brubeck Quartet Three to Get Ready! 

Oct 16, 2012 at 8:54 PM Post #665 of 692
WOW. Thats an interesting solution. Though it looks sketchy to me. How is it that a DAC can be packed into a USB cable when so many other companies are coming up with monstrosities for a budget USB DAC? Makes me wonder where all the space saving went.hmmm

Oct 17, 2012 at 1:30 PM Post #667 of 692
Oh gawd I dropped my yes I dropped my cMoy today, it fell about 10 inches and now for the FIRST time ever after about 2mins of audio it's making a TERRIBLE hissing just unbearble noise... and I checked it with 2 different DAPS and Cans it's the amp

I hope that just means It needs to charge, other wise I'm prepared to discuss with JDS labs how I can maybe get it repaired or replaced [because SERIOUSLY I'm not one to drop stuff ever but IF I DO, and from all of 10 inches... I mean it should still work...]

Still though I also saw that JDS labs recommends that you inform them if u use a Line out you need to tell them so that they can modify the amp to be more compatible with that... I didn't know that! So I'm hoping [if a charge does not fix it] that I can get her reapired and upgraded [for a HOPEFULLY small fee]

Oct 18, 2012 at 3:18 AM Post #668 of 692
Oh gawd I dropped my yes I dropped my cMoy today, it fell about 10 inches and now for the FIRST time ever after about 2mins of audio it's making a TERRIBLE hissing just unbearble noise... and I checked it with 2 different DAPS and Cans it's the amp

I hope that just means It needs to charge, other wise I'm prepared to discuss with JDS labs how I can maybe get it repaired or replaced [because SERIOUSLY I'm not one to drop stuff ever but IF I DO, and from all of 10 inches... I mean it should still work...]

Still though I also saw that JDS labs recommends that you inform them if u use a Line out you need to tell them so that they can modify the amp to be more compatible with that... I didn't know that! So I'm hoping [if a charge does not fix it] that I can get her reapired and upgraded [for a HOPEFULLY small fee]

Most likely just the opamp getting loose in the socket. Push it down should fix that.

Oct 22, 2012 at 1:48 PM Post #669 of 692
Quote:
Most likely just the opamp getting loose in the socket. Push it down should fix that.

Nah it was in reality the battery dieing, but if I have an issue with it again [on a full charge] I'll b sure t puch that opamp back in place

Nov 2, 2012 at 1:51 AM Post #670 of 692
Its finally arrived! USPS made a mess of the packaging and ripped off my address, it got sent back to jdslabs and I was given a free upgrade to Express Mail International! only 5 days to Singapore! Awesome customer service I'd say. So far the bass boost is phenomenally great with my UM3X. It really appreciates with it as many have said. So far I have only tested it for 48mins, played "Octavarium" by Dream Theater twice. It's wonderful!

Nov 2, 2012 at 11:35 AM Post #671 of 692
glad your enjoying your new amp, they are great! still love the Thursday logo on mine :)

Nov 3, 2012 at 3:53 AM Post #672 of 692
Did anyone have any problems with volume balance? For low volume levels, the it seems louder in my right ear quite significantly, and i mean low as in barely audible. When I turn it up to normal listening levels, it seems fine, Im not too sure.
 I did the following

1) Ipod > L3 LOD > c421 > Apple earphones (imbalance at low levels)
2) Ipod > L3 LOD > c421 > UM3X (imbalance at low levels)
3) Ipod > 3.5 to 3.5 > c421 > apple earphones (no imbalance)
4) Ipod > 3.5 to 3.5 > c421 >no imbalance

Could it be just that the line out from the 3.5mm from the ipod is already balanced properly? Or could it be the LOD? Or is it the amp? :O

Nov 3, 2012 at 6:09 AM Post #673 of 692
It's the amp, most amps with analogue volume adjustment suffer channel imbalance at low volumes

Nov 3, 2012 at 10:48 PM Post #675 of 692
Oh it's good to see how small it is! Compared to a iPod Classic. I still want mine... I'm thinking of buying it in place of a E17... because well quite frankly I can live without a DAC amp Combo for the time being....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back