JDSLabs C421 Preorder is live...
May 29, 2012 at 11:00 AM Post #346 of 692
Wait ... what?!?
Your Iphone should adequately drive those 2 headphones loud-enough without problems!! Where are you using the headphones? Anyway, yep, that's the job of the amp, provide you with a bit more volume and body. I'm sure you will be satisfied with the c421s.

May 29, 2012 at 11:12 AM Post #347 of 692
Quote:
Wait ... what?!?
Your Iphone should adequately drive those 2 headphones loud-enough without problems!! Where are you using the headphones? Anyway, yep, that's the job of the amp, provide you with a bit more volume and body. I'm sure you will be satisfied with the c421s.

Thanks for the quick reply...

I use the DT1350 on the balcony when i'm out for a smoke or read... or when i'm in public transportation.
Environment doesn't really matter since the DT1350 block every noise from outside (so good).

I think i'll give the c421 a try, since it's not that expensive...

May 29, 2012 at 11:29 AM Post #348 of 692
Even with my Archos 7 (a media player from a company in France that actually LOWER the volume of the players before selling due to EU regulations) I just put the volume to 75-90%, connect it to the c421 and if I'm not careful I could hurt my ears! lol

So yep, get it and let us know how you like it!
biggrin.gif

Enjoy!

May 29, 2012 at 12:36 PM Post #349 of 692
Quote:
Even with my Archos 7 (a media player from a company in France that actually LOWER the volume of the players before selling due to EU regulations) I just put the volume to 75-90%, connect it to the c421 and if I'm not careful I could hurt my ears! lol

So yep, get it and let us know how you like it!
biggrin.gif

Enjoy!

Ha, will do so. It will take 2-3 weeks for the order and shipping and... But i'll give a feedback asap.

P.S. should i get a LOD cable too? I could order the Fiio L3 from JDS Labs too, since i'll be already placing the order?

May 29, 2012 at 5:55 PM Post #351 of 692
Ha, will do so. It will take 2-3 weeks for the order and shipping and... But i'll give a feedback asap.

P.S. should i get a LOD cable too? I could order the Fiio L3 from JDS Labs too, since i'll be already placing the order?

Yes you should get a LOD cable otherwise you'll be double amping which is not ideal

May 29, 2012 at 7:56 PM Post #352 of 692
May 30, 2012 at 12:39 AM Post #353 of 692
Quote:

You might want to think about a Fiio L9 LOD, low profile (doesnt stick out so much).

Jun 1, 2012 at 10:31 AM Post #355 of 692
Oh, really? Then C421s probably have more than enough power to drive my Sennheiser HD 598 without problems at all at low gain. I am saving money to buy C421 - OPA2227. However, I am considering which 3.5mm interconnect cable I should buy with C421 on JDSLabs website?

This one Fiio L2 http://www.jdslabs.com/item.php?fetchitem=L2 or this one iSimple http://www.jdslabs.com/item.php?fetchitem=ISVE913 . Which one is better? My DAC now is Fiio E10. Thanks for answer this question.

Jun 2, 2012 at 8:42 PM Post #358 of 692
Quote:
Has anyone tried using the C421 with a sensitive IEM? I want to use this with my ES5, but I did see someone mentioning that this amp was too loud for his UE4, so I'm kind of worried.

I have been using them with my 1964 Ears Quads and I don't think they are too loud with the C421. But it can get to loudness leves that would be very harmful for your hearing but that's dependent on the user and not the design of C421. Unless you like to listen to music in whispering levels, no it won't be too loud but I don't know how sensitivity differs between Westone ES5 and my own Quads. 

Jun 2, 2012 at 10:30 PM Post #359 of 692
Thanks for sharing that. They have nearly the same sensitivity (118 vs.120), but yours has a higher impedance @ 46 ohm vs. the es5 @ 20 ohm. I'm not sure how that plays out, but I guess I will be fine? I even contacted the manufacturer and they assured me that they brought the low gain a notch down several months ago, and that they use it with sensitive IEM's so yeah... I'm exchanging the digizoid ZO2 for the C421 (the ZO2 had a terrible hiss and the volume was way too loud)

Oh, and just curious. How much do you turn the knob around to get to your comfortable listening level with the 1964 quads?

Quote:
I have been using them with my 1964 Ears Quads and I don't think they are too loud with the C421. But it can get to loudness leves that would be very harmful for your hearing but that's dependent on the user and not the design of C421. Unless you like to listen to music in whispering levels, no it won't be too loud but I don't know how sensitivity differs between Westone ES5 and my own Quads. 

Jun 3, 2012 at 1:01 AM Post #360 of 692
Quote:
Thanks for sharing that. They have nearly the same sensitivity (118 vs.120), but yours has a higher impedance @ 46 ohm vs. the es5 @ 20 ohm. I'm not sure how that plays out, but I guess I will be fine? I even contacted the manufacturer and they assured me that they brought the low gain a notch down several months ago, and that they use it with sensitive IEM's so yeah... I'm exchanging the digizoid ZO2 for the C421 (the ZO2 had a terrible hiss and the volume was way too loud)

Oh, and just curious. How much do you turn the knob around to get to your comfortable listening level with the 1964 quads?

Well it's not stepped nor like Arrow or Leckerton UHA-4 (I don't remember what their implementation is called now) so it's hard for me to describe in writing but maybe just two notches or 3/10 or 4/10 if that helps at all? But I doubt you'll have any issues with it. 

One thing, I have used Zo2 extensively and never heard any hiss with my Quads but I can say that the Zo2 was much louder than the C421. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back