JDS Labs Element
Mar 8, 2016 at 2:16 PM Post #496 of 636
Ok. With the fact that I have to constantly adjust the volume on my computer when going from the headphone out of the Element to my Audioengine A2+, or risk scaring myself and everyone in the house (I have my A2+ up to almost full level and the subwoofer attached as well) has become quite annoying.  I like the unit for what it is, but I've decided to put it up for sale for anyone who is interested. I'm going to put it up for $300 with 35-40 hours of break-in on it (I've had it for less than 2 weeks).  If anyone is interested, please PM me. This is the upgraded one with the RCA input and RCA output.

Mar 21, 2016 at 9:03 AM Post #500 of 636
one little question,i got my element for almost one month,quite like its sound,but  there is always some unexpected llittle noise in the left side of my headphone,and i'm quite sure the noise not from the usb input,when i pull out the usb cable,there still the noise,and i try another headphone,the noise still exist,that really made a trouble when i'm listening.
so,could anyone tell me how to solve it ?

Mar 21, 2016 at 11:20 AM Post #501 of 636
  one little question,i got my element for almost one month,quite like its sound,but  there is always some unexpected llittle noise in the left side of my headphone,and i'm quite sure the noise not from the usb input,when i pull out the usb cable,there still the noise,and i try another headphone,the noise still exist,that really made a trouble when i'm listening.
so,could anyone tell me how to solve it ?

Yes - I had the same issue. It seems to happen when the element is placed closed to other electrical devices (with transformers) in my case I resolved it by playing music through the element, and moving the unit around until the hiss was gone. It was a real big issue with low impedance head phones.  

Mar 22, 2016 at 10:29 AM Post #506 of 636
  Yes - I had the same issue. It seems to happen when the element is placed closed to other electrical devices (with transformers) in my case I resolved it by playing music through the element, and moving the unit around until the hiss was gone. It was a real big issue with low impedance head phones.  

Regardless of amplifier model, interference is generally avoided by placing cell phones and wireless equipment at least 3ft away from audio cables. In extreme cases, swapping opamps can help. Texas Instruments has recently started publishing EMIRR graphs for some of their opamps to give better insight:
www.ti.com/lit/an/sboa128a/sboa128a.pdf

Mar 22, 2016 at 11:30 AM Post #507 of 636

In what way, I'm not sure I guess just overall sound.  I currently have an audinst mx1 and I'm looking to upgrade.

In what way, I'm not sure I guess just overall sound.  I currently have an audinst mx1 and I'm looking to upgrade.

Would this be the best option for an AMP+DAC solution (either separate boxes or one box) for around $500 or less ??

I think for the Price, it is a great solution. it is small - stylish - powerful - build quality is great - 2 year warranty, and support right here in the US (if you live here). I drive a variety of head phones with mine, and it sounds relatively good with all of them

Mar 23, 2016 at 12:55 PM Post #510 of 636
  dose the element support ASIO?

Yes, ASIO drivers are available for Element and ODAC as of today! We've been pushing SaviAudio for drivers for some time.

Yoyodyne Consulting sent confirmation that ODAC tested correctly this morning with the new ASIO drivers. I'm out of the office until next week and will confirm Element as soon as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back