JDS Labs Element
Jun 23, 2016 at 10:44 PM Post #527 of 636

I don't mind having two devices. Not to mention I have to use two devices setup regardless - be it Schiit combo, Element + Schiit or whatever.

With that being said, I just realized how if I'm going to use Element + Modi combo I won't be using the "DAC" part on the Element... Which defeats the whole purpose of buying DAC + Amp all-in-one device in the first place.

If this was the case then I should probably get a dedicated full tube amp or Magni 2 right? Or is the money worth it for "amp" part of the Element only? Though I feel that $350 is a bit too steep for a product which the main primary function is to use both DAC and amp, and not just the amp part only.

Maybe I should've created a new thread for my current dilemma.

If $350 is too steep and you'd definitely go for it at $299, they have a B-stock summer sale going on now.  I got mine as B-stock a couple weeks ago and honestly have no idea what it was even considered B-stock.  It looks brand new and I don't notice any sound issues.  I am really happy with the purchase still.

Jul 6, 2016 at 2:13 AM Post #529 of 636
Does the Element use the ODAC as the DAC, or is it something different? I'm reading the specs, and they seem to differ but in favor of the dac from the Element, except for the frequency response variation. It is +-0.15 db on the Element's dac, but only +-0.04 db on the ODAC rev B. 

edit: also, does the Element have an ASIO driver like the new ODAC? I see the driver download available on the ODAC page, but not the Element page.

Jul 11, 2016 at 6:27 AM Post #532 of 636
Yup, it will drive the HD800 without problems.

Jul 28, 2016 at 1:49 AM Post #533 of 636
Just got my B-stock Element. Quick question, the lighting around/under the gain dial, is it supposed to be even all around? On mine, it seems like the gain dial isn't fully centered thus the lighting on the front half is fairly dim.

Jul 30, 2016 at 5:18 PM Post #534 of 636
I'm trying to downsize my setup, and I am contemplating trading in my Asgard 2 + Bifrost (non-Uber) for an Element. Will there be a noticeable change in SQ? I could only read comparisons with the smaller Schiit stack (Vali/Magni + Modi) but nothing much on the larger siblings.

Jul 31, 2016 at 5:33 AM Post #535 of 636
According to the data both companies supply, seems like there should be an improvement. (lower THD, better dynamic range etc')

Aug 7, 2016 at 3:47 AM Post #536 of 636
so is it an upgrade if i go from a asus stx sound card as a dac and a Valhalla 2 as a amp to the elment ?? or just get the Bifrost to replace my dac?

Aug 8, 2016 at 4:06 PM Post #537 of 636
Hey guys,

i have MODI 2 + MAGNI 2 " none Uber " and HD700 headphone, and i want to upgrade my amp/dac to the element .

is it good upgrade or not worth the mony ?

i do play games and watch movies and a little of music

Aug 17, 2016 at 11:54 PM Post #538 of 636
i wonder if this is better then the schitt combo or the d1 dac since i own both of these i mean i dont expect much of a difference in the dac department in this price range but amp wise are they hugely different?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back