JDS Labs C5/C5D (pg96) portable amp/amp+DAC
Nov 11, 2013 at 5:30 AM Post #1,501 of 3,417
If you're just charging it, the blue light should turn off when it's fully charged.

I'm not sure what happens if it's done charging charging it and you're using it at the same time. When I have it charging and it's turned on, the both the green and blue LEDs turn on and the resulting light is a light-blue colour.

nice thanks I appreciate it

Wow, I didn't realise how poorly worded my previous post was until now. XD

I just charged the C5 while having it on. Once it's done charging, the blue LED turns off while the green one stays on.

Nov 11, 2013 at 5:34 AM Post #1,503 of 3,417
  Does anyone know where I can get a short (1 inch to 1.5 inch) right angled mini to micro usb cable? I plan to stack my phone on top of the C5D and use the cable to connect them together. Any longer in the length and the cable will jut out from the width of the stack and render it "unpocketable". I've searched around on google and while there are a few custom usb cable makers, they are unable to make the length as short as I want it.

Tried DX.com?

Nov 11, 2013 at 8:54 PM Post #1,507 of 3,417

Yes, the CCK bypasses the internal DAC and streams UAC1 (digital audio) to an external DAC.

This wasn't possible until iOS7. Proprietary, Apple Certified DACs are no longer necessary.

John, is it possible to request a modification where the micro usb is replaced by a USB Type A?  I would like to use this short lightning to USB connector to make everything more portable.

Nov 11, 2013 at 9:02 PM Post #1,509 of 3,417
Wow. I come back to Head-fi after about 6 month hiatus and my wallet is already regretting it.

Been loving my BH for a while, but that point of diminishing returns has been leaving me lusting over a C5 which was released a month or so before I left head-fi for financial reasons (hah), and now there's this C5D, which will save me the headache of that rare time I'm forced to use my laptops headphone-out (I'm entirely portable headphone listener, until I'm home, then my montors are going).

Well look at that! I get paid this week!

What's that, conscience?
Christmas shopping? That's reserved for the 20th-24th of December!
Silly conscience.

Nov 11, 2013 at 10:04 PM Post #1,510 of 3,417
  John, is it possible to request a modification where the micro usb is replaced by a USB Type A?  I would like to use this short lightning to USB connector to make everything more portable.

Modding the jack would require a (minor) redesign of the board. Custom cables would be a better solution from our perspective, and we're looking into that.

Would like to know as well when your distributors get this. Looks great

Initial shipments of C5D depart to the following distributors early this week, with typical delivery time of 3-6 days:

1. Headphone Bar / Canada
  2. Noisy Motel / Australia
  3. Munkong Gadget / Thailand
  4. Headfonia Store / Indonesia
  5. Kingsound Audio / Hong Kong
  6. Headsound Audio / Germany

Samples to reviewers also depart tomorrow.

Nov 11, 2013 at 10:26 PM Post #1,514 of 3,417
Or perhaps a right-angled one to reduce strain on the cable. I purposely don't use my FiiO L3 line out dock cable because it kept getting caught on something since it sticks out so far from my devices. The L9 line out dock is much more usable in that regards.

The only issue with a right angle is the access to the volume pot or headphone jack.

Nov 11, 2013 at 10:26 PM Post #1,515 of 3,417
So just to confirm, my 2nd Gen iPod touch (iOS 5.x I think?) will NOT support the UAC1 DAC section of the C5D? It's only iOS7 devices with the CCK?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back