JDS Labs C5/C5D (pg96) portable amp/amp+DAC
Feb 10, 2014 at 9:08 PM Post #2,146 of 3,417
Yeah, both the Air and the iTouch need it to be in Battery mode or they won't work.  And I'm running higher volume on low gain at this point, but was just wondering if there was some advantage to running high gain @ a lower volume.  I can't tell a difference sonically...so lower is probably better.  :wink:

The high gain increases the impact the bass boost gives. So if you find that there isn't enough bass with Max bass boost on low gain, switch to high gain and turn the volume down. If you're fine with the bass on low gain then no other difference will be heard to my knowledge.

Feb 10, 2014 at 11:08 PM Post #2,147 of 3,417
Hi,
just got a C5D (brilliant !), and I'm looking for a short angled LOD for a numeric connection to an Ipod, so 30 pin to mini USB.
I don't want a non-angled like this one > http://forzaaudioworks.com/en/product.php?id_product=53 as it's a pain for an every day use (in the pocket).

Any suggestion ? (I'm in France)

We should suggest to JDS Labs to make custom LOD's to go with their products, at a price around 30 to 50 $, not more.
When you ask them for the C5D, they answer Apple CCK ;-( , witch is useless to have a compact rig.

Thanks (and excuse my poor american/english !).

Feb 11, 2014 at 12:17 AM Post #2,148 of 3,417
The high gain increases the impact the bass boost gives. So if you find that there isn't enough bass with Max bass boost on low gain, switch to high gain and turn the volume down. If you're fine with the bass on low gain then no other difference will be heard to my knowledge.

With the m100s there's almost too much bass on low gain and low bass setting! Haha. Thanks for the suggestion. I'm on low gain and higher volume at this point.

Feb 11, 2014 at 7:09 AM Post #2,149 of 3,417
I currently have an O2 & ODAC and looking for something similar to use on the go. The C5D sounds like it'd be perfect.

The only concern is compatability with my Android phone (Moto G on Kitkat), and the nearest dealer I can buy from is JDS' distributor in Spain, and I'm a bit wary about spending approx. £200 ($300 USD) on a combo that might not work.

I note from the product page on JDS' website that the C5D supports Android devices that use OTG+UAC1. My phone works fine with my O2/ODAC (believe the ODAC is also UAC1) using an OTG cable so would it be a fairly safe assumption that the C5D  should work too?

Also does anyone know of any places in the EU (UK ideally) that sell short usb micro to mini OTG cables? Preferably right angled for pocket-ability.

Thanks!

Feb 11, 2014 at 8:59 AM Post #2,150 of 3,417
  Hi,
just got a C5D (brilliant !), and I'm looking for a short angled LOD for a numeric connection to an Ipod, so 30 pin to mini USB.
I don't want a non-angled like this one > http://forzaaudioworks.com/en/product.php?id_product=53 as it's a pain for an every day use (in the pocket).

We should suggest to JDS Labs to make custom LOD's to go with their products, at a price around 30 to 50 $, not more.
When you ask them for the C5D, they answer Apple CCK ;-( , witch is useless to have a compact rig.

Numeric (data) with iPod? Which iPod?? 

Feb 11, 2014 at 10:23 AM Post #2,151 of 3,417
  I currently have an O2 & ODAC and looking for something similar to use on the go. The C5D sounds like it'd be perfect.

The only concern is compatability with my Android phone (Moto G on Kitkat), and the nearest dealer I can buy from is JDS' distributor in Spain, and I'm a bit wary about spending approx. £200 ($300 USD) on a combo that might not work.

I note from the product page on JDS' website that the C5D supports Android devices that use OTG+UAC1. My phone works fine with my O2/ODAC (believe the ODAC is also UAC1) using an OTG cable so would it be a fairly safe assumption that the C5D  should work too?

Also does anyone know of any places in the EU (UK ideally) that sell short usb micro to mini OTG cables? Preferably right angled for pocket-ability.

Thanks!

Yes, since your phone works with ODAC, it's guaranteed to work with all other standard DACs. C5D will work even better since it consumes no power from your phone.

Feb 11, 2014 at 10:34 AM Post #2,152 of 3,417

Yes, since your phone works with ODAC, it's guaranteed to work with all other standard DACs. C5D will work even better since it consumes no power from your phone.

That's wonderful! - thank you very much for confirming
biggrin.gif

Feb 11, 2014 at 10:52 AM Post #2,153 of 3,417
  Hi,

After posting this article, Peter from Double Helix Cables researched custom Apple USB cables for us.

According to Apple, the CCK circuitry in not available to any third-party developers. So, even Apple MFi developers and manufacturers are unable to produce the cable you desire.

Feb 11, 2014 at 11:16 AM Post #2,157 of 3,417

After posting this article, Peter from Double Helix Cables researched custom Apple USB cables for us.

According to Apple, the CCK circuitry in not available to any third-party developers. So, even Apple MFi developers and manufacturers are unable to produce the cable you desire.

Thanks @jseaber for the link, hate Apple and it's over protection policy. Hope you will have the agrement, because it's just a matter of bits of cables and connection....
I will continue to look for custom and "illegal" one, not too expensive and pocket compatible.
CCK is definitively out for nomad use.

Feb 11, 2014 at 11:18 AM Post #2,158 of 3,417
you can buy a CCK and DIY one yourself maybe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back