Jays q-JAYS & s-JAYS, Prototype impressions
Jul 22, 2015 at 7:23 AM Post #496 of 523
  1 pair of Comply Foam Medium T-100 is included in the retail box. We also sell other models of the Comply ear tips which are good at different things (sport, comfort, acoustics etc). 

I will have some question later on in recharge of the technology used in your IEM. I will email you later and hopefully you can answer me as much as you possibly can. For now I think the question that everyone is wondering is  just curious how much creative control you guys has on the Balance Armature used, is it an in house design or is it some already well known brand like TWFK?

Jul 29, 2015 at 11:16 PM Post #497 of 523
In anticipation of qjays arrival I have spent the last week with ck1000pro which is the best BA iem I own. To me it has a perfect balance of clarity and fun. Currently we can find one for the same price as qjays.

Next I will compare it with er4s which is my second favourite (it has the best treble extension and quality).

I will report back later once I have more head time with it.

Jul 29, 2015 at 11:30 PM Post #498 of 523
I wonder what kind of sonic improvement the new q-JAYS has over the old q-JAYS? My old q-JAYS is still alive and kicking and IIRC, it is my first pair of dual driver BA. Good old time!

Jul 30, 2015 at 1:01 AM Post #499 of 523
I wonder what kind of sonic improvement the new q-JAYS has over the old q-JAYS? My old q-JAYS is still alive and kicking and IIRC, it is my first pair of dual driver BA. Good old time!
I sadly don't own the old model and certainly lack your ear and expertises to do an indepth review but I will do my best.

I do hope jays send you a review sample.

Jul 30, 2015 at 3:53 AM Post #500 of 523
Here is my short rapid reaction summary:'

1. For purist, no coloration.
  2. Micro detail extraction is above average
  3. Imagine is as good as ER4S
  4. It is to my ears ER4S with improved bass
  5. Clarity is as good as CK100Pro with no artificial S sounds. 
  6. Sound is quiet inside your head, it will not give you that out of head experience.
  7. Very small, fitting should be easy
  8. Packaging is very professional, include tips in many size
  9. The supplied cable feels cheap, it does not match the quality of the housing. 
  10. Both shallow and deep fit is possible, I am currently using shallow fit and later try deep feet.
  11. Extension is excellent, it goes deep and high.
  12. Sounds similar to K3003 with less bass slum. 

Jul 30, 2015 at 6:30 AM Post #501 of 523
It is slightly prone to hissing. With LPG it became too analytical, bad recording sound bad, and excellent recording sounded very good. With calyx M the pairing is outstanding.
I am leaning towards the size that a good amp helps alot, it is still too early. 

Maybe I am been hard as I spent the past few weeks with ck100pro which I value so highly and it is a three balance armature design so I need to spend some serious headtime. 

Early listening indicates this is great for acoustic guitar, pop and no so complex music. I think the narrower headstage is the cause of it sounding not good with orchestral pieces.

Jul 30, 2015 at 9:50 PM Post #504 of 523
Jul 31, 2015 at 6:31 AM Post #505 of 523
Source update: I can't believe but q jays is quiet source sensitive. Plugged out of my Chord HUGO i get the best performance followed by calyx M. I do not get a good pairing with Lotoo PAW Gold. I will update with further impression as I spend more time with it.

Out of chord hugo it sounds more balanced than my ck100pro. Matter of fact I like it much more than ER4S and Ck100pro out of my HUGO. Very balanced, soundstage quiet studio monitor like, not expansive and quiet intimate. 

Aug 10, 2015 at 5:27 AM Post #509 of 523
Okay the biggest offender on this is the silicon tip, I just started using the comply tip and the bass which sounded flat (which can be good for most people) and boring just improved quiet significantly without taking a tole on the amazing treble clarity.

To me this is great for smaller ensemble, perfect for string based instruments. Next week I will be testing vocal, trance, jazz. 

Source matching is equally important for q-jays. I like q-jays paired to calyx M and Ak120 more than LPG .

Aug 10, 2015 at 5:47 AM Post #510 of 523
Okay the biggest offender on this is the silicon tip, I just started using the comply tip and the bass which sounded flat (which can be good for most people) and boring just improved quiet significantly without taking a tole on the amazing treble clarity.

To me this is great for smaller ensemble, perfect for string based instruments. Next week I will be testing vocal, trance, jazz. 

Source matching is equally important for q-jays. I like q-jays paired to calyx M and Ak120 more than LPG .
I am not surprised, the Calyx M is the best I ever heared, but unfortunately out of my financial reach

Users who are viewing this thread

Back