Jays q-JAYS & s-JAYS, Prototype impressions
Feb 13, 2015 at 2:38 AM Post #482 of 523

If you take a look at the frequency curve at www.jays.se you will get a hint of what these are about. Neutral, well balanced and precise acoustics. No bass monster if that is your preference however they do go deep, down to 8Hz +-5dB. 

If you have listened to the first gen of q-JAYS you will for sure recognize the sound signature. On this new version we have been able to slightly increase SPL and the bass response due to a new optimized acoustic system. 

Feb 13, 2015 at 4:55 AM Post #483 of 523
I am onboard however the screw mmcx might be a turn of off for those cable enthusiast. Considering it is a dual BA the retail price is a little step. What kind of driver are you using? Is it after market or did you guy had a hand in fine tuning it to your house standard?

Thanks.

Feb 13, 2015 at 10:44 AM Post #484 of 523
  I am onboard however the screw mmcx might be a turn of off for those cable enthusiast. Considering it is a dual BA the retail price is a little step. What kind of driver are you using? Is it after market or did you guy had a hand in fine tuning it to your house standard?

Thanks.

Hmm. I'm loving the design and look. But ouch.... that price. That's Noble 3C territory, the Custom art Music two is cheaper. Why am I talking about customs? 

Jul 21, 2015 at 3:34 AM Post #485 of 523

Thanks.

We spent a year making our own threaded MMCX since the standard non threaded MMCX a bit too often get oxidation and intermittent connection. By using a threaded connector you get a firm, stable connection and our connector is also the smallest on the market. Since we design and develop our products ourselves in Sweden there is always a lot of tuning involved and that included everything from speakers, dampers, bass ports, size/length of sound tube, wax filters etc. 

We spent an enormous amount of time making this design possible in order to make the worlds smallest dual speaker armature earphones with exchangeable cables. In order to make one (1) unit we need to spend more than 40 hours which might give you an idea of the work going into this product. The housing is made with metal injection molding process (MIM) which cost much more than normal CNC round shaped housings which most other brands use. The threaded removable front filter is made of 1 piece of metal with 55 laser cut holes in a diameter of just 2mm. I don't want to think about how much time we spent in sampling and tuning the acoustics in this one :)

From our 1st generation q-JAYS we knew people very much loved its very small size form factor and this we wanted to keep and then improve it on all parts we found needed. We have a hard time enjoying the multi IEM earphones that becomes almost bigger than your ears and that you need to spend 10 minutes just in getting them in and ready. Everyone that have used the 1st generation q-JAYS will for sure recognize all the benefits with them and now we have made them even better.

The next generation q-JAYS is now in stock.

Jul 21, 2015 at 5:07 AM Post #486 of 523
I tried to place an order this morning but got some sort of error, do you ship to overseas market?

Will you guys have any early promotional code for Head-fi.?

Thanks

Jul 21, 2015 at 10:13 AM Post #489 of 523

We spent a year making our own threaded MMCX since the standard non threaded MMCX a bit too often get oxidation and intermittent connection. By using a threaded connector you get a firm, stable connection and our connector is also the smallest on the market. Since we design and develop our products ourselves in Sweden there is always a lot of tuning involved and that included everything from speakers, dampers, bass ports, size/length of sound tube, wax filters etc. 

We spent an enormous amount of time making this design possible in order to make the worlds smallest dual speaker armature earphones with exchangeable cables. In order to make one (1) unit we need to spend more than 40 hours which might give you an idea of the work going into this product. The housing is made with metal injection molding process (MIM) which cost much more than normal CNC round shaped housings which most other brands use. The threaded removable front filter is made of 1 piece of metal with 55 laser cut holes in a diameter of just 2mm. I don't want to think about how much time we spent in sampling and tuning the acoustics in this one :)

From our 1st generation q-JAYS we knew people very much loved its very small size form factor and this we wanted to keep and then improve it on all parts we found needed. We have a hard time enjoying the multi IEM earphones that becomes almost bigger than your ears and that you need to spend 10 minutes just in getting them in and ready. Everyone that have used the 1st generation q-JAYS will for sure recognize all the benefits with them and now we have made them even better.

The next generation q-JAYS is now in stock.

Production is not in Sweden or any other EU Country?

Jul 22, 2015 at 3:02 AM Post #492 of 523
Thx that you did offer yourself, somebody had to do it:blush:
I have been in market for a good dual BA for along time. I am looking forward to pairing first with the A series walkman and later with AK Jr for complete portable setup. Ofcourse I will pair it with my other not so portable gears to test how much it can scale up.

For now the waiting has begun.

Jul 22, 2015 at 3:45 AM Post #493 of 523
I have been in market for a good dual BA for along time. I am looking forward to pairing first with the A series walkman and later with AK Jr for complete portable setup. Ofcourse I will pair it with my other not so portable gears to test how much it can scale up.

For now the waiting has begun.
It looks the business but I am worried about the fit. The Stagediver SD2 wich is in the same price league is very tight in your ear, after all any IEM stands or fall with the fit.

Jul 22, 2015 at 5:33 AM Post #494 of 523
It looks the business but I am worried about the fit. The Stagediver SD2 wich is in the same price league is very tight in your ear, after all any IEM stands or fall with the fit.

q-jays are small and fit should be easy for all ears. I have ordered a pair of medium comply tips that they sale. I will certainly comment on fit and microphonics for sure. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back