Jays q-JAYS & s-JAYS, Prototype impressions
Jan 9, 2008 at 7:43 PM Post #466 of 523
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mars Mountain /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cool! I tried the early prototypes of the s-JAYS, what are the technical improvements since those? They've been cooking for quite a while now
smily_headphones1.gif
I guess the new protos look like the final version?

Yes, we worked hard on the design and these babies do have that design.

kenyee: It is our new mid-end IEM with the new Siren armature technology that will be released this spring.

Jan 9, 2008 at 8:43 PM Post #469 of 523
man ive been following this thread and was thinking about bumping it last week. Is there any news on a release date for the s-jays??

Jan 9, 2008 at 8:53 PM Post #470 of 523
Quote:

Originally Posted by rwest1389 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
man ive been following this thread and was thinking about bumping it last week. Is there any news on a release date for the s-jays??

I can't be more specific than Q2.

Jan 9, 2008 at 9:01 PM Post #471 of 523
Peter, I saw on the JAYS forum that people had problems with the right earphone of q-JAYS and when I got mine in the mail I had the same problem with the right one having low volume. I changed the filter like it's been said and that did fix the problem but why is that problem common? I mean it wasn't even a day, the first song I listened to it was already not working properly. Plus, it was the right like everyone elses, what's the deal?

Jan 9, 2008 at 9:09 PM Post #472 of 523
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobby2131 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Peter, I saw on the JAYS forum that people had problems with the right earphone of q-JAYS and when I got mine in the mail I had the same problem with the right one having low volume. I changed the filter like it's been said and that did fix the problem but why is that problem common? I mean it wasn't even a day, the first song I listened to it was already not working properly. Plus, it was the right like everyone elses, what's the deal?

I'm feedbacking this to our production line and we will do an investigation on every single unit we get back. So far I have only got a handful back for analyzis.

Mar 15, 2008 at 2:01 PM Post #474 of 523
Hello,

How would you define and compare the sound (bass sensibility, medium and treble emphasis) of the Q-Jay and the sony mdr EX71 ?

build quality wise are they of a better standard than sony's. ?

Mar 15, 2008 at 7:47 PM Post #475 of 523
I can not comment on the Sonys, but I know that I have been using the d-JAYS at work for almost 8 months and we are talking about a dirty and wet inviroment without any problems at all other than the extension cord died on me.....

I mailed JAYS about it (I thougth it was the phones) I returned the d-JAYS and in a week I got a new pair no questions asked....

I later found out thet it was the cable, so JAYS actually did not even bother to chek my phones, they just send me a new pair...

That is a super service IMO..

If your sonys broke 3 times they can not be that well build either...

Mar 15, 2008 at 7:56 PM Post #476 of 523
Quote:

Originally Posted by spookthehamster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When oh when are the iPhone mJays coming out? I've emailed a couple of times and I was told by the first week of January.

I really want to get my hands on some!

We should be receiving our stock of the mJays for the iphone in a few weeks.

Mar 15, 2008 at 8:35 PM Post #477 of 523
Claus-DK my concern about reliability is more to understand in the following way:
for a 30€/$ earphone to break every year is ok (but annoying) having a 200€/$ to brak every 2 years is not ok .

Mar 17, 2008 at 6:22 AM Post #479 of 523
Quote:

Originally Posted by drmcworm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Claus-DK my concern about reliability is more to understand in the following way:
For me if for a 30€/$ earphone to break every year is ok (but annoying) having a 200€/$ to brak every 2 years is not ok .

anyway I hope someone will able to tell me how does those JAY compare to the 71, as I don't want to do the mistake I did with the shure twice.

I understand that, all I can say is that I have really given my JAYS a beating and they have survived it without any problems, they also have a 2 year warranty...

If I remember correct "Funkmonkey" went from the sonys to q-JAYS, try shoot him a PM, he is a really nice guy and I do believe that he maby can help you...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back