Jan Meier: Does he make and keep delivery commitments?
Feb 21, 2008 at 7:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 46

Frihed89

1000+ Head-Fier
I have been recommended a Meier Audio portable amp.

Does Jan Meier make a verbal or written commitment regarding when he will deliver a product you ordered? If not, what did he say when you asked him to make a commitment?

Does he keep these commitments? I mean does he deliver when he says?

Feb 21, 2008 at 7:25 PM Post #3 of 46
Dr. Meier has sent me three things so far. Everything was on schedule and arrived quickly.

You might want to ask TTVJ what he has in stock. He's a Corda dealer and will ship when you order. TTVJ has been very good to me, as well.

Feb 21, 2008 at 7:26 PM Post #4 of 46
I'm not sure what the exact procedure is, but he's a true gentleman and a man of his word. I've always communicated with Jan via email and he's followed through as promised every time. I bought several items from him (amps and headphones) that were in stock and sent out immediately.

Jan also drove 5 hours each way across Germany on my behalf to act as my purchase agent for an Orpheus system! It was being sold by someone I didn't know through Audiogon. I simply wouldn't have had the courage to send that kind of money to someone unknown to me and the minute I presented my plan to Jan, he readily agreed to help me out. He went way out of his way for me and I wouldn't have the Orpheus system otherwise!

Feb 21, 2008 at 7:42 PM Post #5 of 46
Jan's word is golden. Stop being silly. He will NOT make a statement he isn't willing to support. Furthermore, in my experience, his service has been exemplary.

Feb 21, 2008 at 7:44 PM Post #6 of 46
I have bought 2 amps and DT880 from Jan and he was honest and shipped the day after he got my payment. I wouldn't worry about doing business with him at all...

Feb 21, 2008 at 8:47 PM Post #9 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not sure what the exact procedure is, but he's a true gentleman and a man of his word. I've always communicated with Jan via email and he's followed through as promised every time. I bought several items from him (amps and headphones) that were in stock and sent out immediately.

Jan also drove 5 hours each way across Germany on my behalf to act as my purchase agent for an Orpheus system! It was being sold by someone I didn't know through Audiogon. I simply wouldn't have had the courage to send that kind of money to someone unknown to me and the minute I presented my plan to Jan, he readily agreed to help me out. He went way out of his way for me and I wouldn't have the Orpheus system otherwise!

wow!

that's pretty cool. Jan actually does a lot for the head-fi community. sometimes i think he does not get nearly enough credit for his contributions.

Feb 21, 2008 at 8:57 PM Post #10 of 46
It took him 5 days to ship my 2Move to Montreal, Canada
wink.gif

Feb 21, 2008 at 8:59 PM Post #11 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wow!

that's pretty cool. Jan actually does a lot for the head-fi community. sometimes i think he does not get nearly enough credit for his contributions.

Ya, he was a star on that deal, and didn't charge much at all for his services. It actually worked out OK for him because he hit it off well with the guy and ended up selling him an Audio Valve RKV amp. But that was luck of the draw. The guy could have easily been a jerk and he would have wasted an entire day just to help out an overseas stranger.

Feb 21, 2008 at 9:01 PM Post #12 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by pfillion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It took him 5 days to ship my 2Move to Montreal, Canada
wink.gif

You mean that it arrived from Germany within 5 days of your placing the order? Wow! That's fast.

Feb 21, 2008 at 9:47 PM Post #13 of 46
What goes around, comes around!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ya, he was a star on that deal, and didn't charge much at all for his services. It actually worked out OK for him because he hit it off well with the guy and ended up selling him an Audio Valve RKV amp. But that was luck of the draw. The guy could have easily been a jerk and he would have wasted an entire day just to help out an overseas stranger.

Feb 21, 2008 at 10:22 PM Post #14 of 46
Are you kidding? Jan doesn't commit to shipping anything until he's got his product in hand and he's tested and feels good about the quality. There's absolutely nothing to worry about when buying something directly from him.

Feb 21, 2008 at 11:29 PM Post #15 of 46
Yeah, shouldn't even need a thread like this, do you see how many headsix/headfive people bought from him alone, not to mention other stuff like headphones/accessories.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back