James444's IEM giveaway thread (competition has ended - see post #344 and #354 for winners!)
Aug 15, 2010 at 5:34 PM Post #257 of 428
This is very generous of you!

I've high interested in the FX500, after considering many IEMs in the same price range.

From reviews, it seems the bass is legendary, some issues with harsh mids, but overall great value.

Some comparisons have been made with Turbines, IE8s and the like, but for my purpose and from what I've read, the JVC FX500s are the way to go.

Aug 15, 2010 at 5:42 PM Post #258 of 428
@asphyxiation: Enjoyed your overview!

It was long, but well written and the formatting made it an easy read.

I especially enjoyed the short background history of the different brands and reading about your personal experiences with three of them.

Aug 15, 2010 at 6:06 PM Post #259 of 428

Quote:
@asphyxiation: Enjoyed your overview!

It was long, but well written and the formatting made it an easy read.

I especially enjoyed the short background history of the different brands and reading about your personal experiences with three of them.

If I am wrong, I am sorry... But I are you two the same?... Both joined in August, one post complimenting the other, and asphyxiation used the same pictures that Aregu uploaded. I am probably wrong, but still.

Aug 15, 2010 at 7:51 PM Post #260 of 428
Thanks for this contest! I really am interested in hearing the JVC fx500 I have heard good things about the 700s. I know that the 700s are a big improvement over the 500s but I know that the low bass is supposed to be very good on these phones. I have heard that these are too bassy but would like to hear them myself.

Aug 15, 2010 at 8:24 PM Post #261 of 428
Then you would have to commend me for the effort, wouldn't you?

Jokes aside, I hadn't seen aregu's post from before. But, if you take a close look, wouldn't you be able to tell that the pictures are quite different? Having said that, I had been around since May-June, account-less, and I created an account recently to ask a few questions about the SM3, which I ordered very recently, vs the TF10. After which I stumbled upon this thread. Additionally, both Aregu and I are from different locations. I realise that the location can be updated via the user panel, but even if a credibility check is needed, I think the admins/mods can check where in the world we're posting from. :) So this'll be easy.

No offense intended, but I think it's kinda ironic for us to be suspecting each other despite the theme of this thread? Perhaps we can stop second-guessing and share our views about the IEMs instead.

I hope that clarifies. 

@aregu: Thanks for your comments! :) I enjoyed the write-up as well. I thought it'd be interesting to provide some background story of how these companies / phones came to be what they are today. I think it's symbolic of the passion that many of the people here have.

PS. Since it involves aregu, he might want to drop by and clarify.

Sorry if this derails the thread.

Edit: Spelling error + it'd be rude not to thank aregu for his compliment.

Quote:
If I am wrong, I am sorry... But I are you two the same?... Both joined in August, one post complimenting the other, and asphyxiation used the same pictures that Aregu uploaded. I am probably wrong, but still.

Aug 15, 2010 at 9:02 PM Post #262 of 428
Hey Now,

This is very generous of you. I have wondered about wood IEMs like the FX500. I wonder if they may be too dark. I recently went through Joker's IEM review and purchased a couple of lower end ones he had for sale to compare. If I win a pair, I will pay those forward. Thank you in advance.

--
Fines kind,
Chris

Aug 15, 2010 at 11:08 PM Post #263 of 428

Quote:
Then you would have to commend me for the effort, wouldn't you?

Jokes aside, I hadn't seen aregu's post from before. But, if you take a close look, wouldn't you be able to tell that the pictures are quite different? Having said that, I had been around since May-June, account-less, and I created an account recently to ask a few questions about the SM3, which I ordered very recently, vs the TF10. After which I stumbled upon this thread. Additionally, both Aregu and I are from different locations. I realise that the location can be updated via the user panel, but even if a credibility check is needed, I think the admins/mods can check where in the world we're posting from. :) So this'll be easy.

No offense intended, but I think it's kinda ironic for us to be suspecting each other despite the theme of this thread? Perhaps we can stop second-guessing and share our views about the IEMs instead.

I hope that clarifies.

Hey man, sorry for thinking that. It just got to my head that you were using the same pictures that he has uploaded, so in all honesty I just got suspicious which I shouldn't have. And I am sorry about that, either way welcome to the forum :).

Aug 15, 2010 at 11:46 PM Post #265 of 428
Woah, your definitely giving a lot away. Those headphones altogether must retail nearly 1000 dollars! I'm sure I speak for everyone in the Head-Fi community when I say we really appreciate what you are doing here. Best of luck with the competition! I've done something like this before, and it's always tough who to choose. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back