Jade II Discussion
Apr 11, 2019 at 9:45 AM Post #256 of 472
Apr 11, 2019 at 1:54 PM Post #258 of 472
I just got my Jade 2 and it is dam amazing

To all Jade2 doubters or who used to think Hifiman cuts corners, well sorry to all of you, as you are missing out on this Jade 2 as it is simply a great electrostat

So amazingly neutral, with an amazing sound signature that has amazing mids and details and good bass, clarity and details are spot on, and never harsh. It does not sound thin or life less, on the contrary it sounds dam amazing and I would pick it over many totl headphones I have

I would not change a tiny thing in its tuning as its dam perfect

I am using it with my stax 007TII energizer and chord hugo2 dac

Listened to all genres and it works with all, even hip hop and electronics, so if you are worried it has light bass, no it has the right amount that makes the whole sound signature dam amazingly balanced

It is a keeper together with my stax 007 mk2, although the stax 007 mk2 has a certain magic and is on my top list, but it would be so difficult to choose between those 2, and as such I am keeping both.

For me the final planar headphone that was worth buying for me was the hifiman 1000 SE, and I seriously think I am done with planars and dynamic headphones, and I am going to keep my 1000SE and from now on just look at electrostat heaphones

I would pick Jade 2 over Empyrean, Lcd4z, Lcdx, LCD2, LCD2C, Lcd Mx4, hifiman 1000 v2, hifiman edition x v2, in a heart beat and I own/ owned all these. Of course I am saying that while using Jade 2 with my stax 007Tii amp and not the hifiman amp which I did not buy

Hifiman my advise simply ignore the stir that was caused by some doubters

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2019 at 2:12 PM Post #259 of 472
When I had both the Jade 2 and Susvara side by side, the Susvara have more bass fullness.
The Jade 2 had less bass, but more detailed bass if that makes any sense.

Apr 11, 2019 at 2:18 PM Post #260 of 472
When I had both the Jade 2 and Susvara side by side, the Susvara have more bass fullness.
The Jade 2 had less bass, but more detailed bass if that makes any sense.

for me its not bout the bass, its bout how effortless stats headphone sound. Its that effortless sound you can only get from stats

Apr 11, 2019 at 4:32 PM Post #261 of 472
I would pick Jade 2 over Empyrean, Lcd4z, Lcdx, LCD2, LCD2C, Lcd Mx4, hifiman 1000 v2, hifiman edition x v2, in a heart beat and I own/ owned all these. Of course I am saying that while using Jade 2 with my stax 007Tii amp and not the hifiman amp which I did not buy

Basically you saying stay away from Audeze alltogether? Isnt it unfair to compare a estat vs planar still.

Apr 11, 2019 at 4:37 PM Post #262 of 472
Basically you saying stay away from Audeze alltogether? Isnt it unfair to compare a estat vs planar still.

not at all as each has his/her own pref, for me its just the stats suite me more.

but let me tell u this never ever was i under the magical spell of headphone as 007 mk2 period, it just draws you in a way that no planar ever could give me the same feeling

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2019 at 4:43 PM Post #263 of 472
magical spell of headphone as 007 mk2 period

Oh you dont need to tell me! One of my favorite headphones of all time and still the 007MK1. That warm liquid fire sound I love. Nothing comes close beside He90!

Apr 11, 2019 at 4:49 PM Post #264 of 472
Oh you dont need to tell me! One of my favorite headphones of all time and still the 007MK1. That warm liquid fire sound I love. Nothing comes close beside He90!
listening to leonardo cohen -- in my secret life, is just a joy on jade 2

007 mk2 is my headphone i use on occasions where i just find enough time in a day, to just have a blissful special experience, as if entering a ritual of sound bliss that just demands my full attention, its my precious :)

this hobby is so strange and transformative, entering this hobby as pure basshead and eq believer, to what i am now a neutral lover and no use of eq what so ever, i should change my user name :)

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2019 at 4:53 PM Post #265 of 472
entering a ritual of sound bliss

Good way of saying it. Thats what the 007 does. I never got that from the 009 sadly. 009 felt like listening for detail and analysing the music. The 007 is more musical and blissful feeling.

Apr 11, 2019 at 4:59 PM Post #266 of 472
Good way of saying it. Thats what the 007 does. I never got that from the 009 sadly. 009 felt like listening for detail and analysing the music. The 007 is more musical and blissful feeling.

so many purchases and here is my take on non stats

1- empyrean only great with good recordings, poor details, struggled with lack of details to the point it became very specific genre
2- hifiman 1000 se best planar period
3- mx4 with dekoni pads better than lcd4z, as its more balanced
4- hifiman 1000v2 amazing but less full and less bass
5- all else are just ok

007 mk2 rules them all and
jade 2 amazing, lacks some 007 mk2 magic, but i love it alot

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2019 at 5:02 PM Post #267 of 472
mx4 with dekoni pads better than lcd4z, as its more

I just put deonki pads on the 4Z. Its amazing. 4Z way better thsn the original 4s! Also, I changed the cables to copper cables instead of the silver ones. Helped alot

Apr 11, 2019 at 5:05 PM Post #268 of 472
I just put deonki pads on the 4Z. Its amazing. 4Z way better thsn the original 4s! Also, I changed the cables to copper cables instead of the silver ones. Helped alot

totally how stock pads are not as great sounding with lcd4z or mx4 as with dekoni

Apr 11, 2019 at 5:06 PM Post #269 of 472
totally how stock pads are not as great sounding with lcd4z or mx4 as with dekoni

Good business for dekoni! I have their pads on my HD800! love it. Its nice

Apr 11, 2019 at 5:16 PM Post #270 of 472
now the biggest dilema is how to take all those nice stats to absolute full performance, as i know my 007tii is maybe not showing the full performance of 007mk2 but with jade 2 its good enough, thought bout carbon but many say its too neutral and too bright with 009, so if i add the 009 later on to my collection, i might not like cabon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back