Jade II Discussion
Dec 14, 2023 at 9:54 PM Post #466 of 477
Does anyone know the vrms of the Jade 2 energizer? I know Stax are 300-450 vrms. Not seeing the Jade 2s energizer vrms anywhere

Feb 14, 2024 at 10:01 PM Post #467 of 477
Has anyone got their Jade II measured ? It’s only a few hundred bucks. I got my Ananda nano measured and got a calibration file and it really made a world of difference . Given The low distortion, I believe it would be a safe bet so the bass is more prominent.

Feb 15, 2024 at 4:21 AM Post #468 of 477
Has anyone got their Jade II measured ? It’s only a few hundred bucks. I got my Ananda nano measured and got a calibration file and it really made a world of difference . Given The low distortion, I believe it would be a safe bet so the bass is more prominent.
What do you mean "get measured and received a calibration file"?
measured from whom?
Calibrated to what?

Feb 15, 2024 at 8:58 PM Post #470 of 477
Nah. The Jade II are $500 headphones and IMO don't warrant having a custom profile made for them. They're not bad for $500 headphones, but I'm not going to throw another $200+ at them to tweak them. Honestly, I much prefer my modded 007mk2's with the Blue Tack mod over them...

Feb 16, 2024 at 1:11 AM Post #471 of 477
Ok thanks for the feedback . I didn’t know 1700$ cans were worth 500$ and that they were that bad with a 200$ profile for a total of 1900$ but most likely on the 700$ troll price range . Ill be looking into the 5000$ price range for a 200$ calibration next .

Feb 16, 2024 at 6:31 PM Post #472 of 477
Ok thanks for the feedback . I didn’t know 1700$ cans were worth 500$ and that they were that bad with a 200$ profile for a total of 1900$ but most likely on the 700$ troll price range . Ill be looking into the 5000$ price range for a 200$ calibration next .
They are $500 cans because they pop up used all the timer for that price. Brand new on Hifiman's own website they're only $800. Your $1,700 price includes the amplifier. So if you're looking for the COMBO, then yes. $1,700.

IMO, HiFiMan quality is sub-par and I won't own another pair of their product. I also feel that they won't benefit that dramatically from a custom tuning. If we were talking about Shangri-la Jr or Sr, sure.

Last edited:
May 29, 2024 at 3:17 PM Post #473 of 477
Just want to give my early impressions for the JADE II all I can say, coming from the HE-6, Susvara, and Stax SR 407.
The jade II can's are not sounding like 500$ headphones, far from it tbh. With the right amping it's in the league of Susvara.

They do need the right kind of amp and are very hard to drive TBH (Especially for getting bass area right).
Definitely harder to drive than the Stax 007/009s

Currently driving it with the Alpha Centauri from High-amp which is a tube amp and considered in the higher league of electrostatic headphone amps.
For example I also have the Sirrah from High amp which is a good transistor amp but this one couldn't drive the jade II properly (but could drive my Stax SR 407 with ease).

A well made tube amp with 6sn7 tubes can go very deep in bass, the Jade II do need that extra juice in bass area I guess.
I can only imagine the stock Jade II amp from hifiman won't do it much justice.

Last edited:
May 29, 2024 at 3:22 PM Post #474 of 477

I thought about picking up the Jade II amp, I found one on eBay for $600 shipped. Good deal for a backup amp. I emailed Hifiman and they give out like no info on how much power it gives. Neither RMS like Stax nor "stator to stator" like others. I decided to pass based off of that. Hifiman emailed me "We have no information available other then its 580v bias"

May 29, 2024 at 3:22 PM Post #475 of 477
Just want to give my early impressions for the JADE II all I can say, coming from the HE-6, Susvara, and Stax SR 407.
The jade II can's are not sounding like 500$ headphones, far from it tbh. With the right amping it's in the league of Susvara.

They do need the right kind of amp and are very hard to drive TBH (Especially for getting bass area right).
Definitely harder to drive than the Stax 007/009s

Curreltly i'm driving it now with the Alpha Centauri from High-amp which is a tube amp and considered in the higher league of electrostatic headphone amps.
A well made tube amp with 6sn7 tubes can go very deep in bass, the Jade II do need that extra juice in bass area.
I heard the amp years ago, pre production but told Fang that the amp needed to be improved and needed more volume. There were about 8 all running to make sure the headphones and amps did well. The headphones are very good and a very good buy. The amp is still the same amp, sadly. But at least you can use the headphones with a good stat amp and they are a very good buy.

I use the LTA Z10e (lots of power, more than enough for anything). and the RS A-10.

Last edited:
May 31, 2024 at 11:47 AM Post #476 of 477
Well, this looks interesting. I’ve been on a bit of electrostatic kick as of late and this just might be what I’m looking for. Barring the HE6 and RE2000, HiFiman’s magic has in their low end and mid tier products. I’ll give them a go if they get the price point somewhere between the Stax L500 and L700. I rather liked the Shangri-La jr driven off a KG something or other, but not enough to pay the asking price once I factored the quality of the headphone in. I don’t think I’m alone in expecting utopia levels of quality and presentation for utopia prices. Anyway, I hope they hit one out of the park with this.

May 31, 2024 at 12:41 PM Post #477 of 477
Well, this looks interesting. I’ve been on a bit of electrostatic kick as of late and this just might be what I’m looking for. Barring the HE6 and RE2000, HiFiman’s magic has in their low end and mid tier products. I’ll give them a go if they get the price point somewhere between the Stax L500 and L700. I rather liked the Shangri-La jr driven off a KG something or other, but not enough to pay the asking price once I factored the quality of the headphone in. I don’t think I’m alone in expecting utopia levels of quality and presentation for utopia prices. Anyway, I hope they hit one out of the park with this.
I find that the Jade II sounds similar in tuning like a hifiman HE1000 stealth/SE + timbre/speed/detail of the electrostat ofcourse.
Just don't expect it will have same visceral bass impact amount of bass like proper amped HE6 does.
But with proper amping + having some skill in EQ you can get jade II very close,
Bass of the jade II goes quite deep, the driver can potentially go very deep in the bass region with proper amping.

Also wanted to talk about the soundstage on the jade II is fantastic, the only headphone I heard did a comparable big image like this was the HE1000SE.
Jade II goes very wide and quite as deep imo with the alpha centauri amplifier.
I would agree that the image is going wider than it does deep if that makes sense, but to my ears it's not lacking any depth.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back