I've gone from zero to off the deep end in less than a week.
Jun 14, 2007 at 7:38 PM Post #242 of 331
Okay, before you get burned at the stake for asking people to inspire you with cash to do comparisons sooner than you otherwise would, I have sent you a $5.00 Amazon gift certificate. Rather than specify which component impressions are wanted myself, I will leave it to the popular vote/consensus to decide which two matchups you will be assigned, posting your impressions Sunday night.

Jun 14, 2007 at 8:13 PM Post #243 of 331
Quote:

Originally Posted by kelvinz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What @ $2.50 for a review

Look.

I'm saying I'll get to all of it eventually for free, but if someone is on the fence about a purchase, and I happen to have both of the components in question, I would go out of my way to put up a review this weekend in exchange for a token gift. (What the heck am I gonna buy for $2.50 anyway?)

And by the way, islewind is full of siht. He is the last person on earth that would spend $5 when only $2.50 was required. There is no amazon.com gift certificate in my inbox from him.

Hope this helps, didn't mean to ruffle any feathers.

Jun 14, 2007 at 8:24 PM Post #244 of 331
I stand corrected. Dude just burned $5 to pacify the angry mob!

Ok, check my sig to see what I have in stock and I will do two reviews of any two components this weekend. Islewind will tally the votes and decide which pairs get compared.

Jun 14, 2007 at 8:50 PM Post #246 of 331
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bootleg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I stand corrected. Dude just burned $5 to pacify the angry mob!

Ok, check my sig to see what I have in stock and I will do two reviews of any two components this weekend. Islewind will tally the votes and decide which pairs get compared.

That's funny.

I wanna see 325i vs RS-1 on benchmark dac-1.

Jun 14, 2007 at 8:51 PM Post #247 of 331
Quote:

Originally Posted by JadeEast /img/forum/go_quote.gif
SR-80 vs RS1 FIGHT!

The SR80's are on loan to Torske right now.

Here are the headphones I have at my disposal this weekend:

SR325i
RS1
K 701
HD580
ATH W5000
ATH ANC7

Jun 14, 2007 at 9:11 PM Post #248 of 331
Aloha buddy from a Hawaii-ex pat now residing in San Diego.

Just wanted to send a quick note of thanks for your efforts in posting your headphone findings.

FWIW, I went through quite a bit of equipment as well:

XCAN V3 - Pinkfloyd-ish mod. "ish" b/c I had another member do the cap / tube mod and such. It sounded great, but I was impatient to explore the rest of the headphone world, so I stupidly sold the thing off, and I regret that now. I also had a DT880 that I sold off, and like the XCANV3, I regret that now too.

As such, I only have a Bithead, a Little Dot II+, and a PA2VA to drive my Senn600, Grado80, and UESuperFi5's. Like you said, the Bithead's a cute little thing, but my 'phones need more power, and so your comments on the Benchmark and upcoming Maple are very helpful.

I'm running all this from my Channel Islands Audio VDA2 DAC - an absolutely stellar unit. For all the talk about how good the Squeezebox V3's DACs are, the VDA2 expands the soundfield greatly, just seems to wake everything up.

I realize now that the LittleDotII+ is blah. Yes, tubey, warm, but blah to my taste. But, it was cheap, that's that. I now use it as a "volume control" for my Bic Acoustec H100 sub.

I'm on my own upgrade exploration now as well, considering RSA's Hornet for robust portable duties and perhaps Headroom's Balanced Desktop amp for the home office.

Anyway, thanks again. Keep them reviews comin'!

Jun 14, 2007 at 10:48 PM Post #250 of 331
Quote:

Originally Posted by kuden /img/forum/go_quote.gif
AKG K 701 vs Grado SR325i would be nice , but u don't have an amp for the k701 yet no ?

Many people have said that the K 701's pair nicely with the PS Audio GCHA, so that would be a possibility.

Jun 15, 2007 at 12:27 AM Post #251 of 331
I'd be interrested in the RS1 vs ATH W5000 since I'm thinking of getting the Audio technicas
wink.gif

Jun 15, 2007 at 5:09 AM Post #252 of 331
What the... It seems like the real problem here is that this Islewind character has half your headphones. Tell your buddy to send the stuff to you so we can all figure out what the happy ending will be headphone wise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back