I've been robbed
Mar 25, 2006 at 6:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 67
Yes I have renter's insurance, but not looking forward to the claims process, nor the move that I'll probably have to undertake.

Came home to find myself locked out (top deadbolt in place) - the only way that's possible is if someone else was in my apartment, and I live alone. Halfway through kicking my own door in I realize I can jump the railing to the patio in the back and get in through that door (doh). On my way I notice the window to my study room smashed in. They came in through that window and bolted the front door so they'd have time to escape if I came back.

Apartment was a mess - immediately I see my L3000 on the floor. Nice - at least they left that unharmed
rolleyes.gif
Along with most of my audio equipment, which I guess was too big and heavy to lift. They put a bottle of whiskey (from the kitchen) in the L3000 suede bag - guess they forgot to take that with them. My HDTV, speakers, furniture were unvandalized, which was a relief. Much furniture was moved around but OK, many boxes in the closets were opened and looked through. CDs seems to be mostly all here, but the top 2 shelves of 2 of my 3 DVD racks were cleaned out - about 40 to 50 DVDs are missing.

Here's what they took:
- 40-50 DVDs: half anime, half movies
- Audio Technica ATH-W2002 headphones
- Audio Technica AT-HA2002 amp
- A gold coin (about 1/2 ounce)
- my spare set of L3000 drivers
rolleyes.gif

- 4G 40 gig ipod
- Fuji digital camera (bought for $350 about 1.5 years ago)
- A bowl full of change ($10-$20 worth)
- My beat up Nike swim bag, with all the swim equipment dumped out (I guess they used it to carry out the stuff they took)

Relieved that most good stuff is still here, but pissed at what they took and totally worried they may strike again, especially after seeing all I've got. Apparently these ground floor apartemnts in my complex have been getting hit recently. Just learned my neighbors were hit last month.

Ugh. I'll be on the lookout for my W2002/HA2002 in local pawn shops I guess
rolleyes.gif

Mar 25, 2006 at 6:39 AM Post #2 of 67
Man that blows! I would be so pissed, even more if they tried selling it back to you a week later.
rolleyes.gif
Well at least you have insurance, hope the cops get those slime bags that are to lazy to work and go the easy route.
mad.gif
Good luck man.

It could have been worst. Just think that at least no one got hurt.

Mar 25, 2006 at 6:40 AM Post #3 of 67
Sorry to hear that, hope you get your stuff back. This scares me, i just realized that my place has this exact layout, someone could jump a wall, then climb onto my patio, smash the window and get out with my stuff.

Mar 25, 2006 at 6:41 AM Post #4 of 67
saving grace - they took the prettiest looking cans, but not the prettiest sounding! glad you weren't home and it wasn't as bad as it could have been!

Mar 25, 2006 at 6:45 AM Post #5 of 67
Sorry to hear the news. At least you didn't lose anything that's non-replaceable. Hopefully, you'll get back your sense of security sooner than later. Hope everything works out.

Mar 25, 2006 at 6:46 AM Post #6 of 67
Dude, you need to get a angry pitbull.

Mar 25, 2006 at 7:00 AM Post #8 of 67
Can you post pics of the cans that were stolen?.. any scratches or unique identification markings, serial numbers perhaps?

Those are rare cans, its not like theres a dozen up on ebay @ any given time.

I'll keep an eye out on ebay for you. Good luck with the insurence company and police reports and stuff. thanks goodness youre OK.

Garrett

Mar 25, 2006 at 7:33 AM Post #11 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
Can you post pics of the cans that were stolen?.. any scratches or unique identification markings, serial numbers perhaps?

the W2002 and HA2002 both carry unique serial numbers but in the form of stickers. hopefully they'll be intact and they turn up somewhere.

this is really a bummer mulveling. wishing for the best....

Mar 25, 2006 at 8:02 AM Post #12 of 67
Really sorry to hear that, man. I guess be kinda glad the thief/thieves weren't smart or competent enough to get all your really important stuff. And no harm to you, which is always good. Good luck on getting your stuff back.

Mar 25, 2006 at 8:26 AM Post #14 of 67
I feel for you man.Time to get one of those heavy safes and lock it all up.

I have never been robbed at home but i have been scammed alot of cash before and i know the feeling.

Mar 25, 2006 at 8:37 AM Post #15 of 67
mulveling: Sorry for you. Still, just for the record: How's robbery defined over there? Over here, robbery is the heavy form of theft, involving being threatened by the robber in order to hand over what's to be robbed - otherwise it's just theft.

Greetings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

Users who are viewing this thread

Back