I've been robbed
Mar 25, 2006 at 5:49 PM Post #31 of 67
I'm sorry to hear that. It really does sound like it was the work of some troublesome kids. Stealing the ipod but not the high-end equipment. I'd get a big nasty bulldog. Teach those robbers a lesson.

Mar 25, 2006 at 6:32 PM Post #33 of 67
I talked to Mike yesterday and I'm very angry for him. I think we need to be on a look out for the W2002 and HA2002 combo for sale. According to Mike, that W2002 has no serial number on it.

Mar 25, 2006 at 7:06 PM Post #34 of 67
Mike, that is terrible news. Im glad that you are safe, just imagine they breaking into your apartment while you are there! Now that is a scary thought. I hope you can get the value of all your stolen stuff back. Good Luck with your move and hope that this kind of stuff doesnt happen to you again or anyone else. -Minh

Mar 25, 2006 at 7:06 PM Post #35 of 67
I feel for you. I'll keep one eye on Ebay for some of your stuff and I'll let you know if I find something.

Thank God the idiots didn't take the L3000. Still, some of the stuff (specially the W2002/HA2002) is really a sad loss.

Best of luck.

Mar 25, 2006 at 8:01 PM Post #36 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.PD
The nice headphones are not going to be appreciated.

Well you gotta wonder, they were smart enough to take the amp. That sucks.

Mar 26, 2006 at 1:43 PM Post #38 of 67
Sorry to hear about your place being burglarized. Just the thought of someone going thru your personal belongings is enough to make one's blood boil with a sense they have been violated. I hope you will be able to recover losses with your insurer and maybe a chance that the thieves will eventually be caught.

Mar 27, 2006 at 4:47 AM Post #40 of 67
Ouch, man... sounds like it's time for a motion sensor alarm of some sort. Even if you do move, it should help prevent occurrences like this again.

Aug 17, 2006 at 10:08 PM Post #41 of 67
OK - long distance update.
Things aren't finalized yet, but I may finally have some good news on the insurance claim (yep - it's taken a while). Looks like they're going to provide me funds to replace most of what was stolen. It's a few hundred short due to the deductible and a non-insurable gold coin, but I'm still very pleased with the number I've heard. Don't want to jump the gun before the check is signed, but I was pretty excited today.

Now, IIRC I actually do have to buy the replacements or "comparable" items when no longer available. For the stolen out-of-production W2002/HA2002, I'm going to replace with the in-production W5000/HA5000. Neat! Glad I had taken pictures of the W2002/HA2002 next to my driver's liscence - also still had the box for the W2002 and manual/card for HA2002. That helped quite a bit.

BTW, my move was completed quite a while ago and I feel safer now, on the top floor
biggrin.gif

Aug 17, 2006 at 10:18 PM Post #42 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by mulveling
OK - long distance update.
Things aren't finalized yet, but I may finally have some good news on the insurance claim (yep - it's taken a while). Looks like they're going to provide me funds to replace most of what was stolen. It's a few hundred short due to the deductible and a non-insurable gold coin, but I'm still very pleased with the number I've heard. Don't want to jump the gun before the check is signed, but I was pretty excited today.

Now, IIRC I actually do have to buy the replacements or "comparable" items when no longer available. For the stolen out-of-production W2002/HA2002, I'm going to replace with the in-production W5000/HA5000. Neat! Glad I had taken pictures of the W2002/HA2002 next to my driver's liscence - also still had the box for the W2002 and manual/card for HA2002. That helped quite a bit.

BTW, my move was completed quite a while ago and I feel safer now, on the top floor
biggrin.gif

nice to hear you have a "happy" ending, i still get a dog thou, you never know.

Aug 17, 2006 at 10:32 PM Post #44 of 67
Mulveling, glad to hear the insurance company is pulling through for you. This thread was in the back of my mind during my move to TX, and I ended up getting a place on the top floor as well
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back