IT01s IEM. A new view to your music.
Dec 17, 2018 at 6:43 PM Post #61 of 669
Let the IT01s burn in for at least 200 hours. Wow, do they change character. They start out good but they are amazing with the hours on them. Must be the really stiff cone material but they really mature to a full sound with wonderful mids that do voice, male and female justice and the open sound is more than I was expecting but only after some time. I am using the stock cable and running them balanced. Also I like the sound of new 8.1 beta for the DX150. Steps the game up with the dap.

Dec 17, 2018 at 11:57 PM Post #62 of 669
Let the IT01s burn in for at least 200 hours. Wow, do they change character. They start out good but they are amazing with the hours on them. Must be the really stiff cone material but they really mature to a full sound with wonderful mids that do voice, male and female justice and the open sound is more than I was expecting but only after some time. I am using the stock cable and running them balanced. Also I like the sound of new 8.1 beta for the DX150. Steps the game up with the dap.

POISON :cry:

Dec 18, 2018 at 4:00 AM Post #63 of 669
IT01S is probably better. While the bass and energy on the IT01 is good (I own it), it’s pretty bad in the midrange and this especially shows when watching movies or scrolling YouTube. I’d think IT01S is better for classical judging by the reduced sub-bass and improved midrange + treble I see on crinacle’s measurements.
Thanks for your insight. I love violin concertos so the quality of the mids is important.
Well, this depends also on user preferences, source gear/amping and music too.
I don`t know what @Colors uses as source gear with Youtube movies etc. but first of all Youtube "quality" most of the time is not quality, secondly, I do not find IT01 any way bad in midrange.
Yes, bass can "overtake" mids with some music and movies with its presence but it doesn`t bleed into mids nor degrades mids quality. It is so to say quantity problem which IT01S addresses well by looking at graphs. Out of all many cheaper chi-fi IEMs I`ve tried, IT01 has clearly best midrange, despite "raising" sub-bass side.
I imagine S-version taking it to one level further. I took it "further" with modding IT01 and hope to get it measured soon to prove or disprove what I`m hearing.
My only question is still - how does IT01S compare to Moondrop Kanas Pro ? Would like to see @crinacle measuring KP vs. S at same gear.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2018 at 4:43 AM Post #65 of 669
Dec 20, 2018 at 10:31 AM Post #67 of 669
I'm enjoying the IT01S so far, but I don't know if it has the clarity of some of the competitors for just a little more money. I'll likely do a write-up on these, as I'm starting to build a nice collection of single dynamic IEMs.

Dec 20, 2018 at 10:37 AM Post #68 of 669
I'm enjoying the IT01S so far, but I don't know if it has the clarity of some of the competitors for just a little more money. I'll likely do a write-up on these, as I'm starting to build a nice collection of single dynamic IEMs.
How many hours do you have on them? I have over 200 now and they really change. The detail, dynamic range and timbre of these, IMO, is superb. But they take time and really change.

Dec 20, 2018 at 10:43 AM Post #69 of 669
not many -- maybe a dozen or so. I've got music playing through them now, will be having another listen on my commute home in 7 hours. I remember burn-in being a very real thing on the IT01, so I'm guessing you're correct regarding burn-in with the IT01S.

Dec 20, 2018 at 10:47 AM Post #70 of 669
not many -- maybe a dozen or so. I've got music playing through them now, will be having another listen on my commute home in 7 hours. I remember burn-in being a very real thing on the IT01, so I'm guessing you're correct regarding burn-in with the IT01S.
There were times I thought, eh, ok but nothing special. Then they started sounding really good and I was happy, lol, then again, hey, what happened?, but now, I love them. Just superb. Got to hear some Kanas Pro, no comparison, they can't match the IT01s at all.

Dec 20, 2018 at 3:44 PM Post #71 of 669
Got to hear some Kanas Pro, no comparison, they can't match the IT01s at all.
You did head-to-head comparison with different music styles? What tips were used? What was source gear?
@chickenmoon rates KP very highly. You saying that KP can`t match IT01S at all sounds like they are inferior to IT01 also, which I don`t belive purely looking at FR graphs.
Maybe KP & IT01S are just "different tastes" but both very very good and compareable in SQ?

Dec 20, 2018 at 5:41 PM Post #72 of 669
There were times I thought, eh, ok but nothing special. Then they started sounding really good and I was happy, lol, then again, hey, what happened?, but now, I love them. Just superb. Got to hear some Kanas Pro, no comparison, they can't match the IT01s at all.

Got to hear? Meaning not very long and without enough tip rolling, source paring, and fit practice to makes sure you learned enough of them. I have heard quick in a shop impressions of things you just have to own or you don't really figure them out. Not saying the Moondrop is one of those types. Some you can spend 5 minutes with but some you don't quite get totally till you live with them for some time. Great if this is indeed true cause supposedly the Kanas Pro is quite good so maybe we should be comparing the IT01s to the IT04 :)

Dec 20, 2018 at 10:51 PM Post #73 of 669
Just got my pair today. Out of the box they sound great. Every way an upgrade to the IT01 except for sub bass emphasis but even then it seems more accurate in the region than enhanced. Treble seems to have gotten the clean up job as well. Mids are excellent with a touch of sweetness. Love the new cable that Ibasso has put on these. I don't feel the need to cable roll. Loving the detail and spacious sound of these. If this sound gets better with burn. They are already impressing me out of the box. Cant wait to hear them after the run in.

From my prior experiences with Carbon Nanotube earphones JVC HA-FX40 earphone was the very first earphones I can recall using Carbon nanotubes. Needed a longer burn in for the sound to be correct. I suspect the IT01s will be no different. If the sound gets even better than what I am hearing now.

All I can say is. These are gonna be popular.

Dec 21, 2018 at 6:40 AM Post #74 of 669
Im very interested in these but would you guys say that they have more or less bass presence than the Vsonic GR07?

I love my etty er3se but im looking for something else with maybe a tad more bass. I listen to a lot of psytrance with shitloads of bass and it feels like Rocky Balboa is going bananas in my ear when using the GR07... Too much pounding bass.

Dec 21, 2018 at 7:57 AM Post #75 of 669
You did head-to-head comparison with different music styles? What tips were used? What was source gear?
@chickenmoon rates KP very highly. You saying that KP can`t match IT01S at all sounds like they are inferior to IT01 also, which I don`t belive purely looking at FR graphs.
Maybe KP & IT01S are just "different tastes" but both very very good and compareable in SQ?
I've heard Kanas Pro (had it for a week or so) and though I haven't heard IT01s, I think both probably simply have different sound signatures that it all comes down to preference.

I do think that KPE probably won't satisfy those who like IT01 since they aren't bass heavy IEMs at all and IT01 reportedly have good bass (which in the world of head-fi, almost always means lots and lots of bass to my ears).

Will get IT01s at some point later

Users who are viewing this thread

Back