IT01s IEM. A new view to your music.
Feb 2, 2019 at 3:08 PM Post #481 of 669
Would you say better than fiio fh5?

For Metal in particular, maybe. It is brighter than FH5, which has more of an upper midrange emphasis, where IT01S has a more even upper midrange, but better overall treble expression, where FH5 was more lean in the main treble. IT01S has a wider soundstage, which works well with metal.

Feb 3, 2019 at 7:51 PM Post #484 of 669
The semi transparent silicone tips. Work like a charm for me :)

Foam cuts a bit too much of the treble for me, I can't hear Infant Annihilator's cymbals as well with foams :)
Couldn't agree more. My IE80 sounds much better with spinfit tips. With stock foam tips they sound very muffled and lacking resolution. Foam is a more comfortable choice, though.

Feb 4, 2019 at 2:08 AM Post #488 of 669
Is it common with IEMs? I mostly uses buds(Bs1 officiial, Datura X, monks etc.). And can driver flex break my iBasso IT01s? :frowning2:

I have yet to experience a broken IEM due to driver flex, but have seen some user reports of theirs being broken. Most people would advise you to always be careful when using IEMs with driver flex by slowly inserting them to your ears (I do it by applying pressure of one side of the tip/nozzle to the ear canal wall while inserting slowly). I use earbuds as well and they can also be prone to flex depending on which buds we use (shell type, drivers used, etc.) and its fit on our concha.

Feb 4, 2019 at 3:03 AM Post #489 of 669
I have yet to experience a broken IEM due to driver flex, but have seen some user reports of theirs being broken. Most people would advise you to always be careful when using IEMs with driver flex by slowly inserting them to your ears (I do it by applying pressure of one side of the tip/nozzle to the ear canal wall while inserting slowly). I use earbuds as well and they can also be prone to flex depending on which buds we use (shell type, drivers used, etc.) and its fit on our concha.
LL-29.jpeg

Feb 4, 2019 at 9:42 AM Post #491 of 669
Is it common with IEMs? I mostly uses buds(Bs1 officiial, Datura X, monks etc.). And can driver flex break my iBasso IT01s? :frowning2:

I had a few pairs breaking on me due to driver flex. Last one someone came to ask me something so I yanked the IEM out of my ear, I would get distorted sound after that. I try to avoid IEMs with driver flex as much as possible. IMO it's just bad design at this point when there are so many other great sounding IEMs without this issue.

Feb 4, 2019 at 9:51 AM Post #492 of 669
I had a few pairs breaking on me due to driver flex. Last one someone came to ask me something so I yanked the IEM out of my ear, I would get distorted sound after that. I try to avoid IEMs with driver flex as much as possible. IMO it's just bad design at this point when there are so many other great sounding IEMs without this issue.
I don't agree. Either can have problems, care is all that is needed, which is true of most anything humans make. I had a nice pair of custom IEMs with Knowles drivers and accidentally dropped one from a short height and one of the balanced armatures was ruined (still have them and and the IEM in question was repaired at a bit of a cost). They are noted for not being able to take the bumps that other drivers like a dynamic drivers can take. I have used single driver IEMs for a long time now and never a problem. It could happen but taking care with any IEM is just a good practice.

Feb 4, 2019 at 10:00 AM Post #493 of 669
I don't agree. Either can have problems, care is all that is needed, which is true of most anything humans make. I had a nice pair of custom IEMs with Knowles drivers and accidentally dropped one from a short height and one of the balanced armatures was ruined (still have them and and the IEM in question was repaired at a bit of a cost). They are noted for not being able to take the bumps that other drivers like a dynamic drivers can take. I have used single driver IEMs for a long time now and never a problem. It could happen but taking care with any IEM is just a good practice.

Well. I never drop things, never had a cracked phone and I don't think I've broken a glass for the past decade, I don't drop my IEMs either so a BA is not a problem for me. I do have people approaching to ask something on a daily basis though, so driver flex is much more of a problem for me.

Feb 4, 2019 at 10:03 AM Post #494 of 669
Driver flex should never break a IEM, this was confirmed by Campfire, as well as other manufacturers

This being said, IEMs can break, but driver flex should not be the reason they broke.

But I'm here like, Xelento, IE800 and Oriveti New Primacy all have driver flex, but none of those has died on me, and I've been using Ie800 for almost 4 years now :)

I always advice people to insert IEMs slowly :) Does wonders for the ears.

The sad part is all the other tips give my left piece driver flex(the right piece is fine) and the foam tips are the only ones that don't. :frowning2:

I see. My pair in particular doesn't have driver flex at all with silicone tips.

Plugging them in right now, man, I love this sound with Crow's claw.

Feb 4, 2019 at 10:03 AM Post #495 of 669
Well. I never drop things, never had a cracked phone and I don't think I've broken a glass for the past decade, I don't drop my IEMs either so a BA is not a problem for me. I do have people approaching to ask something on a daily basis though, so driver flex is much more of a problem for me.
Then do what is right for you. But I don't think that dynamic drivers are any worse at all compared to BAs. A lot of things don't happen on a regular basis to an individual, thankfully, like car wrecks, dropping a glass but they do happen. That is where care come into play. :^)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back