IT01s IEM. A new view to your music.
Jan 21, 2019 at 12:07 PM Post #451 of 669
IMG_20190121_175607.jpg

Jan 21, 2019 at 12:16 PM Post #452 of 669
iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jan 23, 2019 at 12:22 PM Post #453 of 669
I got my ito1s in yesterday. Listened for a little while last night. Like them pretty well so far. They had 80 hours burn in on them already. Definitely a step up from the regular it01.

Jan 24, 2019 at 12:44 AM Post #456 of 669
I took IT01S for other Romanians to listen to, in our meetings.

THEY ALL LOVED IT! :)

Well, for 200 USD, it is quite lovely :)

A;lmost the right moment for me to post my first impressions, along with notes about that little meeting :)

I hear ya there George! I brought my IT01s's into work and let all my crew listen to them...they were floored that they sounded so good and were only $200 USD!

Wait until you guys hear the SR1...holy cow!

Jan 24, 2019 at 2:01 AM Post #457 of 669
I have run the KP for over 300 hours now. I really want to like these and have tried the stock tips, wide bore tips, tighter fitting tips, etc. and the KP just not to my liking. They don't have the solid bass line of the IT01s nor the quality sound, IMO. I want them to work so bad because I like the size and the shell material and the fit. I would enjoy using them along with the IT01s if they complemented them. They have a nice open sound, good separation and very decent transparency but they lack a good foundation to the sound. I will keep burning them in but past 300 hours I don't know that there will be any changes so I will try more tips.
you pretty much summed up every shortcoming of the P1. Placed an order through Penon last week, should get these in the coming days.
Thanks for chiming in.

Did you receive your IT01s?
I am curious about your impressions compared to the P1.
I saw that you owned the Andromeda S, that would also be an interesting comparison! Not expecting the IT01s to beat it, but to get a feeling of the differences...

Jan 24, 2019 at 5:42 AM Post #458 of 669
After 50 hours of burn in I’ve begin to ear with attention the IT01s: I cannot believe how good they sounded!! Great clarity,, wonderful soundstage and fantastic bass (very different respect my IT03.. more defined and less plentyful). The sound is much equilibred, full of details, wide and precise. I have tried to change the cable with my Cb12 and...yet better (but the stock cable is very good I admit). At the end i want report also the perfect pairing with DX120: this combo produces a refined sound and it's a real bargain. Many compliments to Paul and all the iBasso team. :)

Jan 24, 2019 at 6:20 AM Post #460 of 669
After 50 hours of burn in I’ve begin to ear with attention the IT01s: I cannot believe how good they sounded!! Great clarity,, wonderful soundstage and fantastic bass (very different respect my IT03.. more defined and less plentyful). The sound is much equilibred, full of details, wide and precise. I have tried to change the cable with my Cb12 and...yet better (but the stock cable is very good I admit). At the end i want report also the perfect pairing with DX120: this combo produces a refined sound and it's a real bargain. Many compliments to Paul and all the iBasso team. :)
Mine will be here in 2 days, im excited that you say it pairs well with the DX120, my current DAP. :D

Jan 24, 2019 at 8:34 AM Post #462 of 669
The IT01S definitely has potential to be my daily iem now, sounds very fun, balance and compatible with all of my music library except Prog Metal. But it doesn't matter since i already had M9 for this genre.
How come it doesn’t work with this genre?
Same question!?
Too "bright" in lower treble? Too much mid-bass presence?
IT01S should work great with prog metal as much as I know.

Jan 24, 2019 at 9:03 AM Post #463 of 669
I don't know...I listen to metal, and prog metal all the time and these sound great.

Jan 24, 2019 at 9:32 AM Post #464 of 669
Same question!?
Too "bright" in lower treble? Too much mid-bass presence?
IT01S should work great with prog metal as much as I know.
He probably needs to burn them in. The driver is in all likelihood is not broken in enough to recover as fast as it needs to recover.
Give it 50 hours and I am sure his impressions will change.
That's the thing with these Diamond Coated drivers, they are hard to get a a good grip on out of the box.
The Vega was the same way, nothing like what it turned into after a good many hours on it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back