Isone Pro - the best thing you could ever get for your headphones on your computer
Aug 2, 2013 at 5:50 PM Post #691 of 963
Only been using Tb Isone for a few days but already loving it. Really the only negative is with the interface, namely not being able to set a default preset. If I close down TB Isone's interface and open it again, it resets to the default "welcome to isone...".

Is the only solution to this to have the interface always open when playing music?

Aug 2, 2013 at 6:18 PM Post #692 of 963
Only been using Tb Isone for a few days but already loving it. Really the only negative is with the interface, namely not being able to set a default preset. If I close down TB Isone's interface and open it again, it resets to the default "welcome to isone...".

Is the only solution to this to have the interface always open when playing music?

The solution would be to purchase the TB isone.

Aug 3, 2013 at 1:03 PM Post #693 of 963
I have purchased it. Saving a custom preset only works if I save it as one of program 33 to 64, not any custom name. And as I said it resets to the default preset the moment I close TB Isone and reopen it.

Is it working any differently for everyone else? If so, what am I doing wrong?

Aug 3, 2013 at 1:15 PM Post #694 of 963
I have purchased it. Saving a custom preset only works if I save it as one of program 33 to 64, not any custom name. And as I said it resets to the default preset the moment I close TB Isone and reopen it.

Try saving your settings on "program#___"

Aug 3, 2013 at 1:20 PM Post #695 of 963
Quote:

It also depends on the VST host you use. I use J River Media Center to host Isone and it always stays on whatever preset I've last used, and Media Center also allows you to save presets for it (instead of the plugin), which is great to naming your own presets if the plugin doesn't it.

Aug 3, 2013 at 1:46 PM Post #696 of 963
I'm testing J River but I prefer foobar. I'm using George Yohng's VST wrapper and I guess that's why it won't work in foobar.
Is there any other wrapper that works in foobar with TB Isone in the correct way?

Edit:

Found this: http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=84947

Everything now works as it should.

Aug 3, 2013 at 3:29 PM Post #697 of 963
I'm testing J River but I prefer foobar. I'm using George Yohng's VST wrapper and I guess that's why it won't work in foobar.
Is there any other wrapper that works in foobar with TB Isone in the correct way?

Edit:

Found this: http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=84947

Everything now works as it should.

You should stick with jriver, it's of a much better host for vst plugins. If tb isone doesn't work for you, you can alway try isone pro, isone pro is much easier to use for first time users it's still the one I am using. I'm also using easyQ in addition.

Aug 4, 2013 at 6:44 AM Post #699 of 963
I'll keep testing jriver but I've customized foobar to my liking and I don't want to give it up :)
I haven't tried isone pro yet but I'll try it and see if it works as well as tb isone.

Aug 4, 2013 at 7:56 PM Post #700 of 963
I'll keep testing jriver but I've customized foobar to my liking and I don't want to give it up :)
I haven't tried isone pro yet but I'll try it and see if it works as well as tb isone.

Ive stated the TB Isone is of a more advanced version of isone pro for the user, both have the same approach but with tb isone you are able to more finely tune your desirable sound. I suggest you try isone pro version first, I found that version to give me a more "wow" affect and its also much easier to use if youre a first time user. Good luck
Link http://www.jeroenbreebaart.com/
click the JB Plugin tab and DL the bundle zip.

Aug 10, 2013 at 6:45 PM Post #701 of 963
Someone from Gearslutz just told me about another HRTF headphone plugin called Ircam HEar: http://www.fluxhome.com/products/plug_ins/ircam_hear

Its realism is comparable to Isone I think, but it doesn't have all those controls and presets that emulate different environments and speakers, and it costs more as well. You can download the trial version and see how you like it. I see no reason to get it over Isone since it has less features and costs more. Maybe the people that don't want to fiddle with the controls of Isone might like how simple HEar is.

Aug 16, 2013 at 10:25 PM Post #704 of 963
Hello, I have Audirvana Plus and have downloaded Isone Pro trial on my Macbook Pro, but I'm not sure how to get this set-up started. Do I need to open certain contents within Isone Pro folder to enable it or am I missing another software component to begin with? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. 

Aug 16, 2013 at 10:44 PM Post #705 of 963
Hello, I have Audirvana Plus and have downloaded Isone Pro trial on my Macbook Pro, but I'm not sure how to get this set-up started. Do I need to open certain contents within Isone Pro folder to enable it or am I missing another software component to begin with? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. 

You need to add the contents into the plugin or addon folder of the player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back