Isone Pro - the best thing you could ever get for your headphones on your computer
Apr 30, 2010 at 4:06 AM Post #61 of 963
Quote:

Originally Posted by thuantran /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The foobar wrapper does not support higher than 2 channel audio AFAIK.

That's what I suspected. Is there any replacement for this wrapper for Foobar? The VST bridge plugin does not work, either (with version 1.0 of Foobar).

So, its seems that currently the most popular and audiophile player does not have any tool now to harness the power of VST plugins...

Apr 30, 2010 at 11:55 AM Post #62 of 963
No, I don't think so, unfortunately. Besides after getting my HD595 to upgrade from the PortaPro, I don't think this plugin is necessary anymore.

Apr 30, 2010 at 11:13 PM Post #63 of 963
I think open type headphones have a natural crossfeed effect, because the sound from the left cup leaks to the right ear and vice versa.

But the ability to down mix 5.1 to 2.0 surround is still important, because there lots of 5.1 albums around and it would be great to be able to listen to them with headphones...

Does anybody know any software players supporting VST plugins natively? I tried Media Center 14 but it is very unstable and hangs up often.

May 1, 2010 at 3:35 AM Post #64 of 963
The only one I know of ATM is uLilith player, but I don't know if it supports multichannel AC3 and DTS audio format, it does support FLAC and multichannel FLAC IIRC.

May 1, 2010 at 5:38 PM Post #65 of 963
Quote:

Originally Posted by ironmine /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think open type headphones have a natural crossfeed effect, because the sound from the left cup leaks to the right ear and vice versa.

But the ability to down mix 5.1 to 2.0 surround is still important, because there lots of 5.1 albums around and it would be great to be able to listen to them with headphones...

Does anybody know any software players supporting VST plugins natively? I tried Media Center 14 but it is very unstable and hangs up often.

cplay does, but only one at a time. Not a big limitation in my opinion.

May 1, 2010 at 5:49 PM Post #66 of 963
Quote:

I don't think any sound leaked from open-back headphones would be loud enough in volume to actually create any kind of natural crossfeed, and even if it was loud enough, the leaked sound would be missing a large chunk of frequency information anyway and the crossfeed would be quite skewed.

May 1, 2010 at 10:03 PM Post #67 of 963
Is there any way to make this work with iTunes?

May 1, 2010 at 11:45 PM Post #68 of 963
Quote:

Originally Posted by ade1982 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

No.

May 2, 2010 at 5:44 AM Post #69 of 963
Quote:

Originally Posted by ade1982 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

There is, but it's a little complicated.

May 2, 2010 at 10:10 AM Post #70 of 963
Wow, this really works. My friends and I love watching movies together and a good sound quality is a must. Also, my laptop have a poor volume so watching movies or listening to music was not that fun. And since we tried your suggestion, we had 3 movies every night.

May 2, 2010 at 10:54 AM Post #71 of 963
Quote:

Originally Posted by BoseFan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Could you enlighten me, please? I'd love to give it a go.

May 3, 2010 at 5:37 AM Post #73 of 963
Quote:

Originally Posted by AtomikPi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I tried this briefly with my JH13's and found it unconvincing. I'm going to try it a bit more, but so far I prefer the CM+DH setup that I've been using for a while.

Well, I am afraid I also prefer my CM+DH setup (upmix is set to copy, not surround). It just sounds less congested and instruments are better separated. In the CM I can also control the loudness of the central channel and the rear channels. Isone Pro Surround makes the rear channels too much dominating/loud to my liking. In the CM I can control the bass also in many ways.

May 3, 2010 at 6:45 AM Post #74 of 963
Quote:

Originally Posted by AtomikPi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I tried this briefly with my JH13's and found it unconvincing. I'm going to try it a bit more, but so far I prefer the CM+DH setup that I've been using for a while.

Quote:

Well, I am afraid I also prefer my CM+DH setup (upmix is set to copy, not surround). It just sounds less congested and instruments are better separated. In the CM I can also control the loudness of the central channel and the rear channels. Isone Pro Surround makes the rear channels too much dominating/loud to my liking. In the CM I can control the bass also in many ways.

These are exactly my thoughts as well.

May 6, 2010 at 12:24 AM Post #75 of 963

Quote:
Quote:

Originally Posted by BoseFan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Could you enlighten me, please? I'd love to give it a go.

There are several ways, here is what I do (not for iTunes, I don't use it.  But for other stuff)

Install Virtual Audio Cable
Install asio4all (optional, but preferred at least by me)
Install VSTHOST
Install ISONE (isone and VSTHOST don't really "install" they are just file copies but whatever)

Set your default playback device in Windows to Virtual Audio Cable 1 (or configure iTunes to use that if iTunes supports it I have no idea)

Fire up VSTHOST.  Under the devices menu, set output to ASIO.  Under devices menu, open ASIO control panel.  Click the wrench.  Using the blue power buttons in the panel, make sure the Virtual Audio Cable device is turned on, and its "In:" channel.  Same for the  device you are using for playback, and its "Out:" channel.  Turn off all unused devices.

Load ISONE plugin into VSTHOST.

Play music.

Enjoy.

You'll also probably want to read the manuals for all of the above products to understand what they do and how you can do other neat things with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back