Isone Pro - the best thing you could ever get for your headphones on your computer
May 6, 2010 at 9:44 AM Post #77 of 963

Quote:
Any problems using this on 64bit OS because I only see 32bit version?

That just refers to the fact that audio is processed with  32-bit floating point variables instead of 64-bit double precision.   It has everything to do with your VST host and nothing to do with the operating system.

Or I guess the short answer is that it works fine on Win7 x64.

May 7, 2010 at 6:47 PM Post #78 of 963

Quote:

There are several ways, here is what I do (not for iTunes, I don't use it.  But for other stuff)

Install Virtual Audio Cable
Install asio4all (optional, but preferred at least by me)
Install VSTHOST
Install ISONE (isone and VSTHOST don't really "install" they are just file copies but whatever)

Set your default playback device in Windows to Virtual Audio Cable 1 (or configure iTunes to use that if iTunes supports it I have no idea)

Fire up VSTHOST.  Under the devices menu, set output to ASIO.  Under devices menu, open ASIO control panel.  Click the wrench.  Using the blue power buttons in the panel, make sure the Virtual Audio Cable device is turned on, and its "In:" channel.  Same for the  device you are using for playback, and its "Out:" channel.  Turn off all unused devices.

Load ISONE plugin into VSTHOST.

Play music.

Enjoy.

You'll also probably want to read the manuals for all of the above products to understand what they do and how you can do other neat things with them.

Thanks, I will give this a go!

May 17, 2010 at 8:17 PM Post #79 of 963
It would be an interesting idea to convert 2.0 channels to 5.1 channels first (using Channel Matrix) and then feed it to the Isone Pro Surround. In this way we would be able to control the loudness of the rear channels and central channel...

May 18, 2010 at 12:45 AM Post #80 of 963
Quote:
It would be an interesting idea to convert 2.0 channels to 5.1 channels first (using Channel Matrix) and then feed it to the Isone Pro Surround. In this way we would be able to control the loudness of the rear channels and central channel...

I have done this with the VI plugin. 

After quite a bit of experimenting I went back to regular Stereo ISONE. 

No matter how I tweaked I couldn't seem to get VI tuned to sound natural.  And I haven't found any other (free) surround VST plugins that seemed decent.  YMMV.

May 22, 2010 at 7:02 AM Post #82 of 963

Quote:
Yeah I'm a noob, how do I use this thing.

Here's how I do it: Foobar > George Yohng's VST Wrapper > ConsoleVST > JB Isone Pro Stereo > SPL Twin Tube > Sonalksis Ultimate-D > TT-Dynamic Range Meter:

This is how it looks like when I open all VST plugins in the chain:

May 22, 2010 at 7:20 AM Post #83 of 963
I tried Isone.  Was not impressed.  I think Graphicism's Dolby Headphone tweak for Foobar was more effective, and best of all free.

But overall, I found the best cheap hardware solution is the Victor.JVC SU-DH1.  It decodes both DTS and AC3 as well as adding surround sound to regular 2Channel, but I still don't like listening to regular music that way.  I don't even use my Smyth Realiser for regular 2channel stereo music.  Only for true multichannel sound.

-Ed

Jul 1, 2010 at 10:31 AM Post #84 of 963
I found for Trance, Heavy Rock it's interesting.

But Isone Pro + Theatrical (Two Steps from Hell/E.S Posthumus) or Classical (Mahler) it's excellent.  I'm very tempted to say improved.

Also I do not care about Surround.  I am more interested in Binaureal as that's what headphones are.... so using the Isone Pro 2-channel effect.

George Yohng's VST + Isone Pro + Foobar2000 + ASIO USB Drivers

Jul 3, 2010 at 10:29 PM Post #85 of 963
I was very skeptical, but decided to try it anyway.  Well I'll be damned!

My already excellent headphones sound even better.  Can't explain it - just gonna enjoy it!

Jul 4, 2010 at 4:07 AM Post #86 of 963
I don't understand this VST concept - how do I integrate these plug-ins into JR?

Jul 4, 2010 at 4:32 AM Post #87 of 963

Quote:
I don't understand this VST concept - how do I integrate these plug-ins into JR?

Are you using version 14 and up? If so, go to DSP Studio, at the left/bottom there's a button for "Add Plug-in." You add the VST .dll directly from there--just browse to where the VST .dll is. It'll then show up in your list of DSP effects on the left-hand side, along with all the default ones that came with Media Center.

Jul 4, 2010 at 8:34 AM Post #89 of 963
Finally got it working in Winamp and foobar2000 lol. 

Don't know if I like it or not. It just really sounds like I am going from Audio mode on my creative sound card to game mode with CMSS-3D when listening to music. Same sort of effect. Sounds pretty miserable with metal thus far..

Jul 4, 2010 at 2:20 PM Post #90 of 963
I'm giving the Isone Pro a more thorough study today (too much single-malt last night).

I still can't believe my ears. Definitely a wider headstage and specific instruments are more localized and separate. Bass seems more tightly controlled than before.

On many of my old familiar albums I've played dozens of times, I'm hearing some sounds in the background I've never heard before.

Very enjoyable!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back