ISN Earphones impression thread. New ISN NEO 3!
Oct 14, 2022 at 4:12 PM Post #3,931 of 5,044
The H30 arrived a few days ago, they are very technical sounding for the price point. Treble is clear and not too much, mids present while not taking over and low end is punchy and not at all bleeding into the mids. Really enjoying jazz and stoner rock so far. Guitars sounds amazing.

Very fast sounding, so depending on your cup of tea they work with different fast electronica genres. Myself I prefer more low end while listening to techno, trance or prog house. While some tracks where the bass is not the focus they sound awesome.

Good seal is a must, sounds horrible without. Tried many different tips, most doesn't work for my big ears. So far I get best fit with Spinfit CP 100, Azla SednaEarfit Crystal. Spinfit gives a little bass boost.

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2022 at 7:03 AM Post #3,932 of 5,044
DSCF1632[1].jpg

Currently testing them besides my Tipsy Ttromso, ISN H30 is more technical and aggressive sounding. Trromso more fun sounding and relaxed. H30 is more neutral sounding and more intimate in vocals, while the soundstage is similar. It comes to mood and and what I listen to, both are great IEMs. I'm still quite new to multi driver IEM's kinda want another model. Also I have noticed the bass increase, if this is due to brain burn in or burn in is up to you guys :darthsmile: Since the mids are more pronounced the bass gets less noticed, but with burn in and a good fit they have quite strong punchy bass.

I always prefer a slight v shape since mids can be fatiguing, I'm one of the few who isn't a fan of the old HD650. Same was with the ZMF Aeolus very intimate mids and fun, but I get fatigued easily. Verite solves this when using Suede pads, highly technical and soothing sound just a little dip in mids still sounding full on everything I throw at them.

So which model from ISN or Penon is most V shaped while still having some mid presence still making them sound full? From my reading maybe H50 is maybe that model?

Treble is usually not a problem for me, old Beyerdynamic fan after all. In the Penon thread the Globe was mentioned, but from the reviews its maybe a little to much forward in the mids. I i'm also intrigued by the new Penon FAN 2 but it's maybe too similar to the H30.

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2022 at 4:40 PM Post #3,933 of 5,044
The EST50 scale like bosses with top sounding sources and great power attached to them. The Calyx M/C9 combo is at the top of the food chain and transcends all my IEMs, the EST50 is no exception with amazing bass textures and impact. The high frequencies open up with improved extension and detail retrieval.

For sure, I can enjoy the EST50 without this TOTL combo, but sometimes it’s good to push the limit and hear what your favorite transducers have under the hood.

The PAC480 cable is my dope with the EST50 for Electronics, the tonality gets a bit darker and shows great dynamics for anything that pounds a bit or a lot. The IER-Z1R are slightly ahead with the same combo, but the EST50 definitely play above their price point, considering my tastes and preferred signature.

39BAA30C-B4A9-4E88-82AB-37B21CD4D1A1.jpeg

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2022 at 11:01 AM Post #3,934 of 5,044
Quick question for H50 owners, what’s your tip of choice!
I’m using Ear Fit Lites now and they are fine but thinking Xelastic’s might offer more?

Thanks in advance!

Oct 17, 2022 at 3:51 AM Post #3,935 of 5,044
DSC_0062 copy.jpeg

ISN H30 First Look

This straight out of camera (http://exif-viewer.com) J-peg shows the shells to truly have a gorgeous color. But beyond that, the whole look and feel is something special, just the smoothness and the craftsmanship and effort that went into finishing the product.....................at a $129.00 price, unbelievable? Oh.....and the over all look of the nozzles and screen placement.......first rate. The shinny chrome of the nozzles are unique in my experience?

First sound impressions:
These have low hours of burn-in so take these impressions with a gain of salt. ISN seems to be going into a new direction, a more mid-forward and "clear" response is what they are now going for, somewhat reminiscent of the H50.........but more so!

Vocals are in the vocal zone, no-doubt!

I ended using about six different ear-tips and three different sources. A) the WM1A B) the WM1Z and C) the TA-ZH1ES. The favorite was the WM1A, maybe because of what it did with the mids. But changing ear-tips I found adding just a slight bit of lower mid warmth was the ticket to success. Probably my favorite part is nice timbre, adding efforts from name brand (Sonion mids, Knowles highs) BAs. The name brand BA drivers seemed to add a level of accessibility to the tone, while on the brighter side of the street......these are fully spacial and amazingly large sounding? The bass is there yet at a historic reserved place for ISN. Yet the bass is fast and has great placement. I don't know about texture yet as that's normally something that improves with burn-in? All and all it's a classic Hybrid sound at a value price. I still can't get over the look and feel.......no way to these cost this little.........they look fit for a King!

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2022 at 4:21 AM Post #3,936 of 5,044

Currently testing them besides my Tipsy Ttromso, ISN H30 is more technical and aggressive sounding. Trromso more fun sounding and relaxed. H30 is more neutral sounding and more intimate in vocals, while the soundstage is similar. It comes to mood and and what I listen to, both are great IEMs. I'm still quite new to multi driver IEM's kinda want another model. Also I have noticed the bass increase, if this is due to brain burn in or burn in is up to you guys :darthsmile: Since the mids are more pronounced the bass gets less noticed, but with burn in and a good fit they have quite strong punchy bass.

I always prefer a slight v shape since mids can be fatiguing, I'm one of the few who isn't a fan of the old HD650. Same was with the ZMF Aeolus very intimate mids and fun, but I get fatigued easily. Verite solves this when using Suede pads, highly technical and soothing sound just a little dip in mids still sounding full on everything I throw at them.

So which model from ISN or Penon is most V shaped while still having some mid presence still making them sound full? From my reading maybe H50 is maybe that model?

Treble is usually not a problem for me, old Beyerdynamic fan after all. In the Penon thread the Globe was mentioned, but from the reviews its maybe a little to much forward in the mids. I i'm also intrigued by the new Penon FAN 2 but it's maybe too similar to the H30.
I myself would try matching up that TIpsy up with the ISN SC4 cable. Truly I think the that Tipsy is one of the most underrated IEMs going right now. But (to me) it’s slightly sleepy and benefits a million from the SC4 add. Just the slight silver boosting the mids and pushing the soundstage in the mids!

As far as a Penon I would seriously look at the Serial due to the style of analog warmth that it seems to contain? It’s like the Tipsy only 10x better! The ISN EST50 would be a good choice too.

But the Globe is a whole composite of aspects, meaning you may like the mids, due to them being big but not exactly forward. They hold a more natural and strangely smooth aspect!

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2022 at 6:48 AM Post #3,937 of 5,044
I myself would try matching up that TIpsy up with the ISN SC4 cable. Truly I think the that Tipsy is one of the most underrated IEMs going right now. But (to me) it’s slightly sleepy and benefits a million from the SC4 add. Just the slight silver boosting the mids and pushing the soundstage in the mids!

As far as a Penon I would seriously look at the Serial due to the style of analog warmth that it seems to contain? It’s like the Tipsy only 10x better! The ISN EST50 would be a good choice too.

But the Globe is a whole composite of aspects, meaning you may like the mids, due to them being big but not exactly forward. They hold a more natural and strangely smooth aspect!
Yeah, the Serial is on my mind. I'm used to some zmf headphones and it's hard to find something similar in iems. Detailed, warm musical and sub bass.

I bet Serial is a type of sound that goes with most music genres.

The look and feel of H30 punches well above price. The sound opens up over time, and they are quite spacious sounding. They are more mid bass focused than sub, still quite fast and punchy. The bass hits harder than ER2XR and is more detailed, as for mids and highs it's more forward and detailed in both mids and treble compared to the etymotic.

Oct 17, 2022 at 7:00 AM Post #3,938 of 5,044
Got the Tipsy dirt cheap, it's that kinda sound I just want when I'm tired and fatigued. Comparing the quality, they look and feel cheap compared H30. Was not really into iems before half a year ago. Started with some chi fi models, and i can see it becoming quite expensive soon. Still it's a fun road taking.

Oct 17, 2022 at 11:25 PM Post #3,939 of 5,044
H30 Up-Close and Personal:
isn h30.jpeg2.jpeg
H30 isn.jpeg2.jpeg
H30 212.jpeg2.jpeg
H30 123.jpeg3.jpeg

plug 12.jpegas.jpeg

DSC_0056.jpeg12.jpeg
H30 1.jpeg2.jpeg

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2022 at 12:30 AM Post #3,940 of 5,044
It's raining!
DSC_0040.jpeg H30.jpeg

Oct 18, 2022 at 9:16 AM Post #3,941 of 5,044
Quick question for H50 owners, what’s your tip of choice!
I’m using Ear Fit Lites now and they are fine but thinking Xelastic’s might offer more?

Thanks in advance!
I'm settled with RaptGo adaptive tips for now, they fit and isolate really good 😊 Also tried Final type E. As for Azla, I had the Crystals but it's really hard to put on that nozzles and might wanna go a size smaller then my usual. I might opt for Azla standard tips or Spinfit cp100+ in the future

Oct 18, 2022 at 1:37 PM Post #3,942 of 5,044
I put standard Xelastics on mine and got great results. I'm still breaking them in so that plays a part also, what's a good cable around $100 that you guys are using? An ISN cable or another brand?
:sunglasses::vulcan:

Oct 18, 2022 at 1:46 PM Post #3,943 of 5,044
I put standard Xelastics on mine and got great results. I'm still breaking them in so that plays a part also, what's a good cable around $100 that you guys are using? An ISN cable or another brand?
:sunglasses::vulcan:
ISN G4 is the cable to get. Especailly for the H50. This is what i wrote in my review of the G4, It matches splendidly with the H50.
1666115004755.png

H50 comes with a good ISN S8 SPC cable that is a great starter cable. It will certainly give you a great idea how the H50 sounds but with the G4 brings the H50 into another level of sound. As mentioned before the sound expands in all directions giving a greater sense of space for your music. Bass I noticed gets a bump in presence while the entire presentation gets a slight forwarding in the mix. More than just a bump in stage you get a bump in imaging for your music. That added note weight for both vocals and instruments and you get a more higher end sounding H50. Superb pairing with the H50.

Oct 18, 2022 at 2:34 PM Post #3,945 of 5,044
That's a 100% recommendation by @Dsnuts I might consider getting the G4 cable in the near future but for now I pretty much enjoy listening to it through my Dunu Amber, which unfortunately was a limited production and also in the 100$ bracket
Very happy with mine though and thankful for the recommendation ☺️

Users who are viewing this thread

Back