ISN Earphones impression thread. New ISN NEO 3!
Feb 22, 2020 at 3:04 PM Post #662 of 5,044
Feb 23, 2020 at 2:07 AM Post #665 of 5,044
Great to hear that.
Anyone else tried the H40 with a R6 Pro? How's the hissing on this combo?
No hissing here on both 3.5 and 4.4

Feb 23, 2020 at 2:20 AM Post #667 of 5,044
Nice! How do you find the combo? You prefer the 3.5 or the 4.4 output? I'm in the "searching for a DAP" quest to pair with my H40 :)
I use both the N6ii and R6 pro. Not much diff on the R6 pro. N6ii sounds better on 4.4 to my ears.
I’m still around 10hrs in on the H40. For $200 it’s really good. I still find it isn’t as detailed compared to my other TOTL IEMs. But I didn’t expect it to. Its well worth it’s asking price.

Feb 23, 2020 at 12:17 PM Post #669 of 5,044
I’m still around 10hrs in on the H40. For $200 it’s really good. I still find it isn’t as detailed compared to my other TOTL IEMs. But I didn’t expect it to. Its well worth it’s asking price.
Hi kdphan, would you mind sharing what are those TOTL in-ears you have the privilege to own? I am curious how much money I have to drop to get more details than I am currently getting from the H40.
cheers, Jose

Feb 23, 2020 at 12:28 PM Post #670 of 5,044
Hi kdphan, would you mind sharing what are those TOTL in-ears you have the privilege to own? I am curious how much money I have to drop to get more details than I am currently getting from the H40.
cheers, Jose
The other IEMs I’ve been comparing to are: jomo samba, unique melody mason V3, Earsonics S-EM9, and not TOTL Itsfit Fusion.

All 4 have considerably less bass but are more balanced.

Is it worth it spending anywhere from 4x to 10x more for not so big difference though? Luckily for me they’re all different in their own ways and so I’m happy to keep them.

Feb 23, 2020 at 12:32 PM Post #671 of 5,044
The other IEMs I’ve been comparing to are: jomo samba, unique melody mason V3, Earsonics S-EM9, and not TOTL Itsfit Fusion.

Is it worth it spending anywhere from 4x to 10x more for not so big difference though? Luckily for me they’re all different in their own ways and so I’m happy to keep them.
One can never have enough IEMs. :beyersmile:

Feb 23, 2020 at 3:07 PM Post #672 of 5,044
One can never have enough IEMs. :beyersmile:
...until one finds out his/her personal preference FR curve and gets IEM very close to that with good enough tech driver(s) to also provide enough technicalities not seen on graph :wink:

...everything else passing that point is just sickness/greed/hoarding/owning of too much things without being able to fully enjoy music.

Feb 23, 2020 at 3:08 PM Post #673 of 5,044

Wow, lucky you with so many TOTL stuff!! In my particular case, I have to sell from my very little stock to finance new ones. Fortunately, H40 has been a big hit for me.
I am waiting for a second-hand Dunu Dk 2001 which a recently purchased, and might sell Tin P1 in order to help finance the purchase IMR EDP, if the reviews happen to be great.
And that would be for me until something truly fantastic comes up at the 400-500$ tier later this year.
cheers, Jose

Feb 23, 2020 at 3:13 PM Post #674 of 5,044
Wow, lucky you with so many TOTL stuff!! In my particular case, I have to sell from my very little stock to finance new ones. Fortunately, H40 has been a big hit for me.
I am waiting for a second-hand Dunu Dk 2001 which a recently purchased, and might sell Tin P1 in order to help finance the purchase IMR EDP, if the reviews happen to be great.
And that would be for me until something truly fantastic comes up at the 400-500$ tier later this year.
cheers, Jose
The best way is to buy used.
I think TOTL prices are so inflated.
You can get a great used IEM for around $400-500. They are a few years old but still can compete with newer IEMs. I paid $500 for the S-EM9 and quite happy with them. I think they were $1800 new. Andromeda can be found for sub $600. Noble K10 sub $600 as well.

Feb 23, 2020 at 3:31 PM Post #675 of 5,044
The best way is to buy used.
I think TOTL prices are so inflated.
You can get a great used IEM for around $400-500. They are a few years old but still can compete with newer IEMs. I paid $500 for the S-EM9 and quite happy with them. I think they were $1800 new. Andromeda can be found for sub $600. Noble K10 sub $600 as well.
that is one advice I will certainly follow!!! I just have to be patient and enjoy what I have.
Thanks, Jose

Users who are viewing this thread

Back