ISN Earphones impression thread. New ISN NEO 3!
Feb 17, 2020 at 9:46 PM Post #616 of 5,078
Is there any one that has the shuoer tape and can compare it to the h40?

I don't know if you're still here, or own these already, but I'd totally rec the H40's! They are a very substantial upgrade over the Tapes. I valued the Tapes for their Lysol clean, fast and detailed bass, they were also very good with micro detailing. Which were a godsend from my old cheap iems which were boomy and muddy. The two problems were that the treble was a bit fatiguing, but I got use to it in time, and the build quality. Whilst sturdy on the outside, its somehow brittle on the inside which lead to some issues. I inevitably had to replace them.

The H40's have a simular, if not better Bass which is well controlled and will go beserk when the track demands it. It carries more details and resolution for classical and jazz tracks. Subbass is amazingly deep for edm and its many subgenres

Mid-bass is it's own entity and does not bleed into the midrange, it will also bring out hidden instruments or parts in songs since it is its own thing which I found eye opening on tracks i've revisited.

The H40's have a balanced sound signature with slightly raised lows and highs almost dynamic-like, a slight U shape if you must, surprisingly unlike the dynamic signature in the Tapes that prioritized lows and highs over mids, like almost every other dd iem

The H40's sport a swole, meaty and full midrange which was pretty much a skeleton frame with the Tapes. This brought out a more life-like airiness in the midrange with male/female voices having better detailing, and instruments with better imaging, and a side of just right timbre. They beat congested tracks to their knees and own them in detailing and make sure nothing is left behind or lost. You can really feel the artist's emotions with the H40's which is more immersive compared to the Tapes.

The mid-highs sound pristine and airy, also very good for rock genres to dig out the aggressiveness in guitars and vocals.

With that immersiveness comes the soundstage which is really wide and deep, almost holographic compared to the Tapes which had an "oval-like" stage, even had to take these off to make sure nothing was behind me.

The highs of the H40's are less fatiguing than the Tapes, somehow more detailed and less sibilant, with barely any hisses on raps. Very responsive to violins and orchestral tracks. Like the mid-range, this is its own thing and the highs are not afraid to separate to give you a better, bigger picture.

The isolation is really cool too! Even with the filter holes for the bass I barely heard my sister speaking to me, or the vacuum cleaner, I'd get scared real good too.

The accessories are very nice too, though I would not trust the carry case, it seems flimsy on the inside. If you have the Tapes carry shell, it'll work wonders! There are a wide variety of tips that minutely alter the signature, and some nice comply tips! The resin shell of the H40's don't have L/R symbols, though certainly not a downfall since the shells feel more secure and well-made, they are not hollow on the inside that's for sure! The cable is high end in my opinion, ISN fitted the H40's with a very good cable to support and enhance its sound quality, but don't let that deter you from getting other cables really!

All in all these are a go at this price range. I have no regrets switching from my L Tape (the R one died) if your still fixed on the Tapes i rec that you should wait for their rumored 2.0's if they come to light. But for a quick fix you should direct your eyes to these. Good luck!

Feb 18, 2020 at 3:24 AM Post #617 of 5,078
I don't know if you're still here, or own these already, but I'd totally rec the H40's! They are a very substantial upgrade over the Tapes. I valued the Tapes for their Lysol clean, fast and detailed bass, they were also very good with micro detailing. Which were a godsend from my old cheap iems which were boomy and muddy. The two problems were that the treble was a bit fatiguing, but I got use to it in time, and the build quality. Whilst sturdy on the outside, its somehow brittle on the inside which lead to some issues. I inevitably had to replace them.

The H40's have a simular, if not better Bass which is well controlled and will go beserk when the track demands it. It carries more details and resolution for classical and jazz tracks. Subbass is amazingly deep for edm and its many subgenres

Mid-bass is it's own entity and does not bleed into the midrange, it will also bring out hidden instruments or parts in songs since it is its own thing which I found eye opening on tracks i've revisited.

The H40's have a balanced sound signature with slightly raised lows and highs almost dynamic-like, a slight U shape if you must, surprisingly unlike the dynamic signature in the Tapes that prioritized lows and highs over mids, like almost every other dd iem

The H40's sport a swole, meaty and full midrange which was pretty much a skeleton frame with the Tapes. This brought out a more life-like airiness in the midrange with male/female voices having better detailing, and instruments with better imaging, and a side of just right timbre. They beat congested tracks to their knees and own them in detailing and make sure nothing is left behind or lost. You can really feel the artist's emotions with the H40's which is more immersive compared to the Tapes.

The mid-highs sound pristine and airy, also very good for rock genres to dig out the aggressiveness in guitars and vocals.

With that immersiveness comes the soundstage which is really wide and deep, almost holographic compared to the Tapes which had an "oval-like" stage, even had to take these off to make sure nothing was behind me.

The highs of the H40's are less fatiguing than the Tapes, somehow more detailed and less sibilant, with barely any hisses on raps. Very responsive to violins and orchestral tracks. Like the mid-range, this is its own thing and the highs are not afraid to separate to give you a better, bigger picture.

The isolation is really cool too! Even with the filter holes for the bass I barely heard my sister speaking to me, or the vacuum cleaner, I'd get scared real good too.

The accessories are very nice too, though I would not trust the carry case, it seems flimsy on the inside. If you have the Tapes carry shell, it'll work wonders! There are a wide variety of tips that minutely alter the signature, and some nice comply tips! The resin shell of the H40's don't have L/R symbols, though certainly not a downfall since the shells feel more secure and well-made, they are not hollow on the inside that's for sure! The cable is high end in my opinion, ISN fitted the H40's with a very good cable to support and enhance its sound quality, but don't let that deter you from getting other cables really!

All in all these are a go at this price range. I have no regrets switching from my L Tape (the R one died) if your still fixed on the Tapes i rec that you should wait for their rumored 2.0's if they come to light. But for a quick fix you should direct your eyes to these. Good luck!
Thanks for the comparison, but unfortunately I came to the conclusion that the isn h40 and tri I3 is too big for me. Lz a6 and shozy form 1.1 are my upgrades from the tape.

Feb 18, 2020 at 12:49 PM Post #619 of 5,078
H40 and the Tri I3 both use larger housings. Probably the reason why the H40 sounds so spacious. Smaller ears will feel the housing for certain. I have medium sized ears and I can feel the H40 housing while comfortable enough for me.The I3 even more.

Feb 18, 2020 at 1:03 PM Post #620 of 5,078
Feb 18, 2020 at 1:04 PM Post #621 of 5,078
H40 and the Tri I3 both use larger housings. Probably the reason why the H40 sounds so spacious. Smaller ears will feel the housing for certain. I have medium sized ears and I can feel the H40 housing while comfortable enough for me.The I3 even more.

How big is it compared to the BL03?
I got those yesterday and so far don't have any fitment issues. I fit them with triple flange tips. I do notice just a slight bit of mud in the mids. Thinking the cymbal decay is a touch fast too. Still way better than my other junk.

Feb 18, 2020 at 1:24 PM Post #623 of 5,078
I got those yesterday and so far don't have any fitment issues. I fit them with triple flange tips. I do notice just a slight bit of mud in the mids. Thinking the cymbal decay is a touch fast too. Still way better than my other junk.

The one on the left is the Blon, on the right the i3.

Attachments

• IMG_20200218_192200.jpg
    IMG_20200218_192200.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Feb 18, 2020 at 10:16 PM Post #624 of 5,078
Got the H40 in the mail today

10mins of listening so far.
really strong bass presence, even mid bass seems to be up front.

going to let it play for the next few hours.

using my Silverfi IEM-X cable with it.

the shell is big but fits nicely in my ears. No complaints there.

stock cable seems nice. Not sure I will use it.

Feb 18, 2020 at 10:25 PM Post #625 of 5,078
Got the H40 in the mail today

10mins of listening so far.
really strong bass presence, even mid bass seems to be up front.

going to let it play for the next few hours.

using my Silverfi IEM-X cable with it.

the shell is big but fits nicely in my ears. No complaints there.

stock cable seems nice. Not sure I will use it.

Same impressions with mine about bass. On 120 hours they seems more balance and tighten up. Im using spinfit CP360 currently, same sound with cp145, sounded more balance with less quantity bass and wide soundstage

Feb 18, 2020 at 10:34 PM Post #626 of 5,078
Same impressions with mine about bass. On 120 hours they seems more balance and tighten up. Im using spinfit CP360 currently, same sound with cp145, sounded more balance with less quantity bass and wide soundstage
I like the silicone wide bore tips that came with it. I use them on my other IEMs as well.

Feb 18, 2020 at 10:53 PM Post #627 of 5,078
I like the silicone wide bore tips that came with it. I use them on my other IEMs as well.

That similar with AET07

Feb 18, 2020 at 11:14 PM Post #628 of 5,078
Don't have the Blons. I know someone here will. Post a pic compared to the H40 please if you got the blons.

I took pictures for reference, here side by side i3 H40 and BL03

i3 is bulky with H40 more toward custom shaped IEM with curvy lines but almost same size with i3, BL03 obviously looked tiny compared to others

20200219_110138~2.jpg20200219_110310_HDR~2.jpg20200219_110352~2.jpg

Feb 18, 2020 at 11:43 PM Post #630 of 5,078
Thanks for the comparison, but unfortunately I came to the conclusion that the isn h40 and tri I3 is too big for me. Lz a6 and shozy form 1.1 are my upgrades from the tape.

Totally get it! At first when I saw the size of these phones, I too thought that they were too ridiculous for my ears. I was pretty lucky this time, a shot in the dark really. I found the right fit and somehow they fit. Those are both very good options, heard of the Shozy F 1.4's? I heard they are pretty good over the 1.1s. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back