ISN Earphones impression thread. New ISN NEO 3!
Feb 15, 2020 at 10:19 AM Post #586 of 5,053
Hi everyone, this is my first post. Currently, I have few iems such as zsn pro, audiosense 260, trn v90 and blon03. My favorite one is blon03 and would like to upgrade. Have been looking and reading this forum for some times and am considering either isn h40 or audiosense aq3.
Appreciate if anyone who has both can compare them.
Thanks in advance
-suto

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2020 at 10:35 AM Post #587 of 5,053
Anyone have the Shozy 1.4 and H40 in this thread? I would love to know, I also wish the H40 had a sale like the Shozy 1.4 for $150 on penon, that would be an instant buy for me. Or even a comparison to the 1.1. I know I’ve asked this already but I see in the 1.4 thread it seems more people have had the 1.4 arrive, wondering if deez nuts has had a pair shipped to him yet
I am waiting on my 1.4 will let you all know how they are. They seem to be a good deal but the H40 here is my bench mark for the price.

Hi all, I'm new here, hope you guys don't mind my long message :D

Trying to get into mid-fi once again, I'm looking for an airy, good soundstage, good clarity, can be a bit cold or analytical IEM. One of my favorite IEMs was UE Triple Fi 10, and I'm not looking for one having an exactly identical signature, just listed it as a reference. I'm spending more and more time with Chinese vocal tracks, so it's great to have great mid & upper-mid too (TF10 is just not good at this...)

I'm thinking about these options - they are available in my local store:
1. ISN H40 (sure)
2. Moondrop Starfield / KXXS
3. Shozy BG
4. ikko OH10
5. iBasso IT01s
6. TinHifi T4
7. qdc Uranus -- I'm not sure about this...
8. Anything you suggest

Thank you!
I am almost done with my review of the Tansio Mirai TSMR-3 pros. Cost similar to the H40 but for vocals I have to give it up to the TSMR-3 pros. It is an all BA set but has a tall sound meaning it sounds very engaging especially for vocals. The H40 is no slouch in the department but if you want a more forward vocal type sound I would give the TSMR-3 pros a good look. My recommend for vocal music.

Just read the thread and H40 seems like an impressive IEM. I'm going to buy Acoustune 1695 Ti based on a friend recommendation, actually. Wondering if anyone can compare between the two. Aware of the price difference, but if can get the same SQ with fraction of price, it will be great!

I am gonna doubt anybody here owns them Acoustune earphones. I can tell you. You won't be disappointed with the H40 however.

Feb 15, 2020 at 12:01 PM Post #589 of 5,053
Hi all, I'm new here, hope you guys don't mind my long message :D

Trying to get into mid-fi once again, I'm looking for an airy, good soundstage, good clarity, can be a bit cold or analytical IEM. One of my favorite IEMs was UE Triple Fi 10, and I'm not looking for one having an exactly identical signature, just listed it as a reference. I'm spending more and more time with Chinese vocal tracks, so it's great to have great mid & upper-mid too (TF10 is just not good at this...)

I'm thinking about these options - they are available in my local store:
1. ISN H40 (sure)
2. Moondrop Starfield / KXXS
3. Shozy BG
4. ikko OH10
5. iBasso IT01s
6. TinHifi T4
7. qdc Uranus -- I'm not sure about this...
8. Anything you suggest

Thank you!
ISN H40 is a very good IEM but IMHO, they are oplar opposite of your search of cold and analytical IEM. They are warm with very great note weight. They sounded big and wont go cold and analytical.
From your list, if you're after a bit cold and analytical, maybe you can dig for OH10 and T4 more.

Can anyone compare dunu DK 3001 Vs h40?
@audio123 wrote comparisons with DK 2001 (which are actually an upgrade to 3001 even though they have lower level name label) on few pages back, they are on same level according to him with different presentation and abilities.

Just read the thread and H40 seems like an impressive IEM. I'm going to buy Acoustune 1695 Ti based on a friend recommendation, actually. Wondering if anyone can compare between the two. Aware of the price difference, but if can get the same SQ with fraction of price, it will be great!
like @Dsnuts said, its a bit rarity for someone have both, since these 2 IEMs arent very popular IEM at this time, not very common, so not by high chance someone have both and read this thread. But if you're ready to get the 1695 Ti, you must be financially ready, and take the H40 for try wont hurt your budget at all, if you didn't feel satistfied in the end you can take the 1695 later.

Hi everyone, this is my first post. Currently, I have few iems such as zsn pro, audiosense 260, trn v90 and blon03. My favorite one is blon03 and would like to upgrade. Have been looking and reading this forum for some times and am considering either isn h40 or audiosense aq3.
Appreciate if anyone who has both can compare them.
Thanks in advance
-suto

I have most of them and I will say the H40 is similar with BLON in signature, they have deep bass, punchy mid bass, clear mids, safe 3khz peak, sparkles on 8khz and airy wide soundstage but H40 is better almost in every aspects. Cleaner bass, clearer mids, better separation, much better soundstage, layering etc.

Anyone had the chance to hear the DX160 - H40 pairing? How do they fit together? @audio123 maybe?

@davidmolliere wrote a review about H40 that paired so well with DX160

Feb 15, 2020 at 12:07 PM Post #590 of 5,053
Oh yea been using my DX160 with the H40. H40 really pairs well with everything I own. I like the fact that the sound signature of the H40 isn't so picky of sources. Not so sensitive to the point where it shows hiss. They do scale to better sources however so the nicer your player the better the H40 will sound.

Feb 15, 2020 at 2:36 PM Post #591 of 5,053
@davidmolliere wrote a review about H40 that paired so well with DX160
That's nice. Time to find that review then :)

Oh yea been using my DX160 with the H40. H40 really pairs well with everything I own. I like the fact that the sound signature of the H40 isn't so picky of sources. Not so sensitive to the point where it shows hiss. They do scale to better sources however so the nicer your player the better the H40 will sound.
For now a DX160 should do. Thanks for the input :)

Feb 15, 2020 at 9:08 PM Post #593 of 5,053
I have both H40 & 1695 Ti. 1695 Ti is competing at TOTL level so yeah.

Anyone had the chance to hear the DX160 - H40 pairing? How do they fit together? @audio123 maybe?
The DX160 pairs well with many IEMs including H40. It is a no brainer DAP.

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2020 at 10:13 PM Post #594 of 5,053
like @Dsnuts said, its a bit rarity for someone have both, since these 2 IEMs arent very popular IEM at this time, not very common, so not by high chance someone have both and read this thread. But if you're ready to get the 1695 Ti, you must be financially ready, and take the H40 for try wont hurt your budget at all, if you didn't feel satistfied in the end you can take the 1695 later.
Is there any chance I can get H40 from outside China?

Feb 15, 2020 at 10:24 PM Post #596 of 5,053
Is there any chance I can get H40 from outside China?

I don't think so, Penon is based in HK, you can get from them but apparently they still in short hands because of virus outbreak, better check with them. And since you got a lot of budget, just use DHL for shipment

Feb 16, 2020 at 12:54 AM Post #598 of 5,053
I don't think so, Penon is based in HK, you can get from them but apparently they still in short hands because of virus outbreak, better check with them. And since you got a lot of budget, just use DHL for shipment
Sounds like difficult to get H40 at the moment. I guess will go for 1695 Ti first as suggested by @audio123. Need to take decision quickly, since there is only one 1695 Ti left in the store.
Thanks anyway, for all the feedbacks.

Feb 16, 2020 at 1:49 AM Post #600 of 5,053
I'll do that, thanks.
Btw, is 1695 Ti an all rounder IEM... suitable for most genre?
My daily IEM is now Hyla CE5. Loving it, but the mid. Not good enough for vocal, a bit thin.
Well, you already have a close to flagship level IEM. I have tried the CE5 & the bass is good but the vocals are mediocre. 1695 Ti is suitable for most genres.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back