ISN Earphones impression thread. New ISN NEO 3!
Feb 8, 2020 at 5:49 AM Post #526 of 5,053
I hope once this whole corona virus settles and there is a vaccine. We will get some news of an updated H40 in a new H50. One suggestion I had was to add an extra BA for the mids to get even better imaging. We will see. Fingers crossed the Chinese will rebound from this crazy virus happening in

Info about H50 can be found on the internet oraz is directly from ISN ?

Feb 8, 2020 at 6:25 AM Post #527 of 5,053

directly from @Dsnuts :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

if there is will be H50, i agree 1 extra BA for better details and imaging on mid area, they are already very good, but can be improved. And please ditch the protrude on inner side of the shell, they made my ears a bit hot for longer session

Today i received my Tri i3, just listen from them OOTB. I heard everything good about them, but I think it will be a hard time to beat H40. Still can't comment much, i will burn them first. But yeah a hint, pros and cons already roughly in my mind through my ears.

My H40 marked pass 100 hours, with CP145, less emphasized bass to my preferences, made mids and highs more pronounced, soundstage is damn huge. seriously i can't find anything wrong with this sets. very well tuned.

Feb 8, 2020 at 6:44 AM Post #528 of 5,053
Thinking of trying these and am a big Sony fan (heard\owned just about all of their iems). I'm curious which Sony's do you have?

If you ever listen to sony N3, they have similar tuning presentation, with big slam deep bass but still clean. Soundstage wise, H40 is wider. I also one of Sony house signature fan.

Can anyone tell with which IEMs from the list below H40 has the most similarities ? or is it completely different signature ?

- iBasso IT04,
- CA Vega,
- CA Dorado,
- Dunu DK3001 Pro

never listen to Vega and Dorado, but from Andromeda they are different. H40 is more similar to IT04, I cant comment much since I heard IT04 quite some time ago, but listen to H40 indeed remind me of the IT04, maybe IT04 have slightly details. I can't remember much but i feel soundstage in H40 is wider? but the H40 have punchier bass, this one i almost certain.

Feb 8, 2020 at 7:23 AM Post #529 of 5,053
If any of you guys ever had a pair of trinity Icarus III (hybrid config. as well), I always thought that Soundstage on them was a big ➕, quite big and especially deep... It was Trinity's last achievement just seconds before the holocaust that followed there......... Any of you have this iem, can make any comparison with H40??

Feb 8, 2020 at 9:14 AM Post #530 of 5,053

It was merely a suggestion from me to the guys that made the H40. If the H40 was a fail then why would they consider a newer version to improve upon it right? However as I type the H40 has become a success. All we are doing by being fans of the H40 is encouraging more advancements. As I type you bet they are considering a H50. They should because all they have to do is improve the housing ergonomics and increase the mids BA to 2 for better imaging. I would also suggest maybe using a bit higher resolution dynamic. A titanium coated or carbon based dynamic in the process and I have no doubt if these improvements can be made the H50 or whatever they call it. Will easily compete with much higher end in ears that will put them on the map even more so than the H40 is doing right now.

Oh and you guys better believe the designers for the H40 read this thread.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2020 at 9:59 AM Post #531 of 5,053
It was merely a suggestion from me to the guys that made the H40. If the H40 was a fail then why would they consider a newer version to improve upon it right? However as I type the H40 has become a success. All we are doing by being fans of the H40 is encouraging more advancements. As I type you bet they are considering a H50. They should because all they have to do is improve the housing ergonomics and increase the mids BA to 2 for better imaging. I would also suggest maybe using a bit higher resolution dynamic. A titanium coated or carbon based dynamic in the process and I have no doubt if these improvements can be made the H50 or whatever they call it. Will easily compete with much higher end in ears that will put them on the map even more so than the H40 is doing right now.

Oh and you guys better believe the designers for the H40 read this thread.

couldn't agree more, if they put the DD with CNT/DLC/Titanium/Berrylium to make bass tighter and snappy and improve mids = BOOM!!!

Feb 8, 2020 at 10:11 AM Post #532 of 5,053
I know guys are obsessed with size when it comes to dynamics. Bigger the dynamic driver the more bass ability right? I have no idea why hybrid designs don't use micro HD dynamics more for bass. From my own experience with micro HD dynamics 5mm or smaller. I have yet to hear one that can't do visceral bass. Plus it shaves space which would help with the housing ergonomics to fit better in the ear.

If you guys ever owned the Sony MH1C or Nuforce EDC which both use micro HD dynamics. Bass was never the issue with these in ears. I can imagine a higher end version would do even better in the bass department.

Feb 8, 2020 at 5:43 PM Post #533 of 5,053
Any of you guys who own H40 and IMR Rah or R2 Red could provide a comparison?
I am considering any of those two IMR models as a sleeping-time option. I love listening to music lying sideways on my bed. that´s not an option with H40.
According to the pics of Rh and R2, both seem much smaller than H40 might not protrude as much.
TIA

Feb 8, 2020 at 6:01 PM Post #534 of 5,053
H40 uses a fairly big shell. Is not really an option for that. I would look into the DUNU DK-2001 for that. I did a review on them recently and got to know that phone real well. One of the most comfortable in ears in existence. The entire shell sits flush inside your ears and you can easily lay down with them in the ears. Hours of comfort too as the shells are very ergonomic. Sound is excellent as well. https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/dk-2001.24085/reviews#review-23229

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2020 at 6:04 PM Post #535 of 5,053
Any of you guys who own H40 and IMR Rah or R2 Red could provide a comparison?
I am considering any of those two IMR models as a sleeping-time option. I love listening to music lying sideways on my bed. that´s not an option with H40.
According to the pics of Rh and R2, both seem much smaller than H40 might not protrude as much.
TIA
I would actually be interested in a comparison as well, since i own both Aten and RAH.

Sleeping side ways with the RAH is not very comfortable tho, since it is a lot longer due to the additional Planar driver. Much better with the R2. P_20200208_235446.jpg

Feb 8, 2020 at 6:04 PM Post #536 of 5,053
Of course most are saying add an armature but there are better armatures. Not sure we exactly which are in the H40 but pretty sure they could improve on them. Possibly change the size and or shape adding more drivers(remember they each have there own tube leading to the bore). If they can improve the dynamic and the armatures without changing the size shape and construction that might be a more "sure thing" and probably come to market sooner that way. Sometimes quality is better than quantity and easier to implement and have less go wrong keeping with the same count.

Feb 8, 2020 at 6:23 PM Post #537 of 5,053
Sleeping side ways with the RAH is not very comfortable tho, since it is a lot longer due to the additional Planar driver. Much better with the R2.
Thank you for the pic.I have to disregard the RAH as an option for me then.
@Dsnuts, thanks, will check on your DUNU 2001 review. It is really awesome having people owning/heard so many IEMs and sharing with the community. Particularly for people like me who has no option but to purchase blindly.
Love this forum even though is hard on my wallet.
cheers, Jose

Feb 8, 2020 at 6:38 PM Post #538 of 5,053
I know some folks like to have their in ears when they sleep I mention that on the DK-2001 review. I actually tried that and it is the one earphone that you can easily lay sideways and have no issues with comfort. The entire housing fits inside your ears with nothing sticking out. They fit more like an earbud in your ear than your semi custom iem style like the H40. Even more comfortable as the cable goes over the ear so it is out of the way.

Feb 8, 2020 at 7:32 PM Post #539 of 5,053
The only iems that I’ve ever slept in my ear was the W60 and W80 from Westone.

Feb 8, 2020 at 8:25 PM Post #540 of 5,053
Thank you for the pic.I have to disregard the RAH as an option for me then.
@Dsnuts, thanks, will check on your DUNU 2001 review. It is really awesome having people owning/heard so many IEMs and sharing with the community. Particularly for people like me who has no option but to purchase blindly.
Love this forum even though is hard on my wallet.
cheers, Jose
Well, the RAH is a bit hard to get anyways, the only option would be buying a used one. But if you see one reasonably priced you might want to get it, the planar sounds amazing together with the big DD.

I personally don't own the Red, but there has been nothing but positive feedback about it. Seems to be better than the original R2.

Perhaps the upcoming IMR EDP is an option for you as well. 10mm planar plus 9mm dynamic driver in a rather small and well isolating aluminum shell.
The pricing (204.99$ with the current conversion rate) is also identical to the H40, if you took the fast shipping. lol
Sadly there are no pics yet, they will be added until the end of this month.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back