ISN Earphones impression thread. New ISN NEO 3!
Jan 25, 2020 at 9:58 AM Post #436 of 5,041
Which eartips do you currently use with the H40? I am using the JVC Spiral Dots (size L), but wondering if there are the best options.

Jan 25, 2020 at 7:46 PM Post #437 of 5,041
Which eartips do you currently use with the H40? I am using the JVC Spiral Dots (size L), but wondering if there are the best options.

Azla sedna Short light L size, i have big ear canals, sedna reducing mid bass a little bit, and adding lower treble a little bit, bringing mids a little forward, keep the soundstage wide.

Spiral dots tame high a little bit to already warm/dark H40 so i guess its not the best pairing and spiral dots made imaging not as sharp because of their dotted. I use spiral dots for harsh / peaky IEMs or bright highs IEMs.
if you have TFZ iems, their wide bore earitips also good. Try to tip rolling

Jan 25, 2020 at 9:20 PM Post #439 of 5,041
I'm using Spinfit CP100 as I like the deeper fit/comfort, and to my ears they seem to brighten the tone a little.

spinfits (and other small bore tips) can focusing on trebles, and sometimes mid bass , but not bringing mids forwards. I concur they can made sounded brighter due more treble focus. eartips rolling also play important part with IEM, its not just about fit and seal (but they are the most important at first priority) but about pairing, same goes with cables, and sources

Jan 26, 2020 at 4:04 PM Post #441 of 5,041
Spiral Dots++ are highly expensive. Would love to try them but the price tag... Ordered the Azla Sedna Short light L size from Amazon Japan. Thanks for the suggestions :gs1000smile:

Jan 27, 2020 at 3:10 AM Post #442 of 5,041
Spiral Dots++ are highly expensive. Would love to try them but the price tag... Ordered the Azla Sedna Short light L size from Amazon Japan. Thanks for the suggestions :gs1000smile:
Agreed that they are expensive for tips but worth in my opinion. Bought a few packs during my Japan vacation because the tips are just too good. My top 4 tips are Spiral Dot++, AET07, Sedna & Symbio.

Jan 27, 2020 at 3:23 AM Post #443 of 5,041
yes Spiral Dot++ is very comfy but very expensive, i only have 1 pair. AET07 looks similar with H40 default green, i love these too for mids. I found another good pair with CP145 for H40, reduce bass a bit with gaining highs a little bit while keeping soundstage wide.

Jan 27, 2020 at 4:06 AM Post #444 of 5,041
yes Spiral Dot++ is very comfy but very expensive, i only have 1 pair. AET07 looks similar with H40 default green, i love these too for mids. I found another good pair with CP145 for H40, reduce bass a bit with gaining highs a little bit while keeping soundstage wide.
Will give Spinfit CP145 a go soon :p

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2020 at 5:03 PM Post #446 of 5,041
Last edited:
Jan 28, 2020 at 6:34 AM Post #448 of 5,041
Ok so I let them burn in for about 20 hours and listened to them for 5 hours. First of all, I need to thank you guys for bringing these to my attention. I did not know the company and would've never found them otherwise. Crazy that they aren't more popular.

To give my impressions, I wanted to do some comparisons, go into the details of the sound signature, was ready to take notes etc. BUT I failed. I've chosen my favorite tracks and switched back and forth between the H40 and some headphones.
With the H40 though, I found myself constantly being carried away, simply enjoying the tracks instead of analysing the sound. I realized that my approach didn't make sense for me. These IEMs are more than the sum of it's parts. They are tuned just perfectly, giving a spacious, well defined, detailed but not in your face, warm sound. It's so pleasant to listen to them, so enjoyable. The people responsible for their sound tuning need a raise, seriously. Other manufacturers should take a look at the H40.

Also, the cable is great. I'm not that big of a fan of the design of the IEMs, but that's not important to me.

All in all, for that price especially, they are incredible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back