ISN Earphones impression thread. New ISN NEO 3!
Jan 20, 2020 at 1:33 PM Post #391 of 5,041
I find quite the opposite. The rah extends lower but has no treble presence. The h40 extends deep but not as deep. Imaging is better on the h40 to me. When I listen to the rah after it sounds veiled and muffled up top. I do like the rah, I like the aten more, but the h40 just does everything well here as the rah is just bass and mids

No treble... :dizzy_face: are we talking upper or lower treble?

Which filter are you using? I stuck to black lower blue upper so far...
What is your source?

This is not what I am hearing at all...

Jan 20, 2020 at 1:47 PM Post #392 of 5,041
iPhone XS Max aac out of dragonfly cobalt. Black lower and blue upper. When I use dragonfly red it brings out more treble but I find the treble veiled on apple dongle, fiio l1 dongle, etc. bass is superb, mids are great, no sparkle up top.

Jan 20, 2020 at 1:49 PM Post #393 of 5,041
iPhone XS Max aac out of dragonfly cobalt. Black lower and blue upper. When I use dragonfly red it brings out more treble but I find the treble veiled on apple dongle, fiio l1 dongle, etc. bass is superb, mids are great, no sparkle up top.
Haven't tried apple dongle on the RAH, but from the N6ii T01 there's enough sparkle for me at the top. Not as detailed as my custom Samba though.

Jan 20, 2020 at 1:55 PM Post #396 of 5,041
So how much is the RP for the RAH?
I think nobody pays "retail" for the rah
Most owners have the discount code and end up paying about $350 or around there. At least that's what I paid.

Jan 20, 2020 at 1:56 PM Post #397 of 5,041
Just my two cents. I paid for both units so nobody is forcing my hand. I am not trashing the rah, just enjoying the h40 more. No controversy.
I think we need honest opinions like yours on this site :)
Last thing we need is another hype train on chi-fi IEMs.

Jan 20, 2020 at 1:59 PM Post #398 of 5,041
I think it really comes down with what folks like in a sound more than anything. The H40 is very enjoyable and has the type of sound that is easy to like. Not as technical as some of the mid fi that I own but enjoyment is huge on them due to their outstanding dynamics with a full bodied sound.

One thing to note though we have yet to see anyone hate on em that is for certain. Which is saying something.

Jan 20, 2020 at 2:01 PM Post #399 of 5,041
I
I think it really comes down with what folks like in a sound more than anything. The H40 is very enjoyable and has the type of sound that is easy to like. Not as technical as some of the mid fi that I own but enjoyment is huge on them due to their outstanding dynamics with a full bodied sound.

One thing to note though we have yet to see anyone hate on em that is for certain. Which is saying something.
i agree I mean it’s not going to be for the cold analytical lover but it’s not a dark iem. It’s too me, like Goldilocks- it’s just right. Not lacking anything

Jan 20, 2020 at 2:29 PM Post #400 of 5,041
mmcx cable on the H40
WHY OH WHY

All my cables are 2pin
except for 1 :sob:

Jan 20, 2020 at 2:36 PM Post #402 of 5,041
Just purchased with express shipping option :)

And realized Penon is on vacation from today until Feb 1st.

Oh well, I've waited much longer for IEMs.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2020 at 2:48 PM Post #403 of 5,041
The S8 cable it comes with it's better than most stock cables (for 30 bucks) but I still feel this IEM deserves one of those soft, sparkling and top sounding ones (I can see why @Dsnuts likes the AG8 :)). I tried a Nicehck 8 (copper one, 2.5mm balanced) out of the DC01 and the difference with stock is not that much.

Jan 20, 2020 at 2:53 PM Post #404 of 5,041
I have a SilverFi IEM-X cable waiting for it. Had it re-terminated awhile ago to pair with the Andromeda.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back