ISN Earphones impression thread. New ISN NEO 3!
Jan 19, 2020 at 6:24 PM Post #376 of 5,044
a new challenger appeared. 1DD + 4BA at the same price range, gotta see what shozy is bringing to the table.

shozy.jpg

Jan 19, 2020 at 9:11 PM Post #379 of 5,044
a new challenger appeared. 1DD + 4BA at the same price range, gotta see what shozy is bringing to the table.

someone based in china posted his new arrived shozy 1.4 few days back in chiese iem thread. Haven't find any review about them though

Jan 20, 2020 at 4:40 AM Post #380 of 5,044
20200120_144305_HDR~2.jpg

Lightning fast delivery from Penon, 3 days!!

Ugh the box is so ugly looks like cheapo chinese toys back in 80s. They need to improve this.

Impressions later!

Jan 20, 2020 at 10:11 AM Post #382 of 5,044

Lightning fast delivery from Penon, 3 days!!

Ugh the box is so ugly looks like cheapo chinese toys back in 80s. They need to improve this.

Impressions later!

This is every ISN cable or IEM you get the same packaging. BUT the benefit of this simple packaging is. You get some crazy value in the items themselves. I kinda like this minimalist simple packaging approach. I mean who carries around their package when listening to music. Unless your Michael.

main-qimg-d97c05989b94f4f4e62f15e989de00b2

I love their larger zip up rectangular case they throw in as it is large enough to carry your phones and cables. I think more elaborate packaging = more money we gotta spend. For me I don't mind.

Just listen to those things and tell me you didn't get your monies worth.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2020 at 11:57 AM Post #384 of 5,044
Just started reading about these and i'm intrigued...
I think @davescleveland mentioned that the H40 blows the IMR RAH out of the water so that got me in this thread :)

Looks like I have some catching up to do in this thread.

Jan 20, 2020 at 12:58 PM Post #385 of 5,044
Just started reading about these and i'm intrigued... I think @davescleveland mentioned that the H40 blows the IMR RAH out of the water so that got me in this thread :) Looks like I have some catching up to do in this thread.

If I may since I have both the Rah and the H40... those are 2 quite different IEMs, for starter one is closed the other is semi open. This means the H40 naturally has more impact down low (yeah hard to believe since the Rah has fantastic impact but it's more note density than power there) but also fuller bodied mids. The Rah has the typical advantage of a semi open design with a bigger soundstage and a more precise imaging as well as superior layering. It also happens to be more extended up top and more open sounding by way of its extension also more resolving.

So it's not a matter of one blowing the other out of the water :wink:
(it almost never is, really)

Jan 20, 2020 at 1:00 PM Post #386 of 5,044
If I may since I have both the Rah and the H40... those are 2 quite different IEMs, for starter one is closed the other is semi open. This means the H40 naturally has more impact down low (yeah hard to believe since the Rah has fantastic impact but it's more note density than power there) but also fuller bodied mids. The Rah has the typical advantage of a semi open design with a bigger soundstage and a more precise imaging as well as superior layering. It also happens to be more extended up top and more open sounding by way of its extension also more resolving.

So it's not a matter of one blowing the other out of the water :wink:
(it almost never is, really)
Thank you David.
I'm in France (Paris, Lyon, Burgundy) in May. We should meet up :)

Jan 20, 2020 at 1:00 PM Post #387 of 5,044
Jan 20, 2020 at 1:20 PM Post #390 of 5,044
I find quite the opposite. The rah extends lower but has no treble presence. The h40 extends deep but not as deep. Imaging is better on the h40 to me. When I listen to the rah after it sounds veiled and muffled up top. I do like the rah, I like the aten more, but the h40 just does everything well here as the rah is just bass and mids

Users who are viewing this thread

Back