ISN Earphones impression thread. New ISN NEO 3!
Nov 17, 2021 at 2:14 AM Post #3,316 of 5,044
I couldn't find them either, ordered from ebay. But ebay also depends on shipping cost, and from every location might be different. If you want I will send you in peivate message from the seller I bought from.
Can I have a PM as well for those bro??

Nov 17, 2021 at 4:54 PM Post #3,317 of 5,044
So i have spent couple of days with H50 exclusively now. And i figured out what one thing i needed to make it complete.

I mentioned in my initial thoughts that it could use with some midbass. But i then thouggt it would loose the point behind its tuning really.

So what i did i EQed subbass shelf a bit. Like 3db and now im set. It was simply a preference of a bit more oomph thats all. Most people who dont require bass boost will be just fine. Everything else its just fantastic for the price. Soundstage is really amazing and imaging has improved immensely over h40 due to cleaner presentation.
Its is actually quite technical this time around.

Mind you it does scale massively with sp2000 compared to v60 i have.

Now i will be able to immerse myself in quality music even during gym or jog sessions.

Not trying to make a delusion that it sounds as good as multi kilo stuff or even 1k+ stuff..
But really glad that this kind of audio quality is becoming affordable to a lot more people.

Nov 17, 2021 at 4:58 PM Post #3,318 of 5,044
artworks-000120850231-8bkuez-t500x500.jpg

Nov 18, 2021 at 3:10 AM Post #3,319 of 5,044
Lol
So i have spent couple of days with H50 exclusively now. And i figured out what one thing i needed to make it complete.

I mentioned in my initial thoughts that it could use with some midbass. But i then thouggt it would loose the point behind its tuning really.

So what i did i EQed subbass shelf a bit. Like 3db and now im set. It was simply a preference of a bit more oomph thats all. Most people who dont require bass boost will be just fine. Everything else its just fantastic for the price. Soundstage is really amazing and imaging has improved immensely over h40 due to cleaner presentation.
Its is actually quite technical this time around.

Mind you it does scale massively with sp2000 compared to v60 i have.

Now i will be able to immerse myself in quality music even during gym or jog sessions.

Not trying to make a delusion that it sounds as good as multi kilo stuff or even 1k+ stuff..
But really glad that this kind of audio quality is becoming affordable to a lot more people.
Lol was really funny yo read you are exclusive relationship now with the H50.
I agree it is really good iem.
Just waiting sometimes to spend time with it.💗 Don't tell my wife 🤫😁😉

Nov 18, 2021 at 8:24 AM Post #3,321 of 5,044
Lol

Lol was really funny yo read you are exclusive relationship now with the H50.
I agree it is really good iem.
Just waiting sometimes to spend time with it.💗 Don't tell my wife 😁😉
I just bought them. I couldn't resist. 🤦‍♂️ Our passion is a continuous search for quality improvement. An authentic chimera.

"Don't tell my wife" ......... it's also perfect for me and my safety 🤫🤫🤫🤫🤫🤫

Nov 18, 2021 at 8:40 AM Post #3,322 of 5,044
Mine have just processed through customs in LA, so I'd optimistically hope to see them in 3-5 days I would think.

I'll be honest, I kind of regret buying as a) I'm so happy with the YanYin's I'm not sure why I did it and b) For financial reasons I had started to contemplate downgrading to the KZ DQ6s as I get about 75-80% of the enjoyment from them, and money is money. I probably shouldn't be in this hobby!

We'll see. My mind will have to be thoroughly blown...

Nov 18, 2021 at 9:25 AM Post #3,323 of 5,044
Mine have just processed through customs in LA, so I'd optimistically hope to see them in 3-5 days I would think.

I'll be honest, I kind of regret buying as a) I'm so happy with the YanYin's I'm not sure why I did it and b) For financial reasons I had started to contemplate downgrading to the KZ DQ6s as I get about 75-80% of the enjoyment from them, and money is money. I probably shouldn't be in this hobby!

You can at least listen to them after a short burn in and then decide what you like most and sell the rest.

For me currently most enjoyable listen is Angus & Julia stone - Big jet plane (hifi Quality in Deezer). Also are included in the above more songs for A&J.
I don't hear anything lacking in the sound when enjoying this song and it sounds awesome, especially for this kind of music. I like many kind of music but the above mentioned is especially good on them. So it can also be a test listen for you if you do enjoy this kind of music.

If you have H50, I will also like to know your 1# favourite music on them. Maybe we can open a thread for this :)

Be well

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2021 at 9:47 AM Post #3,324 of 5,044

I absolutely understand your point of view...

Nov 18, 2021 at 10:05 AM Post #3,325 of 5,044
I have the ISN EST50 for 3 months, it offers a great sound, it changes a lot with burn in, depend the cable and tips his sound is balanced sound, great bass but it maintains the rest well.

This. Absolutely in line with my own experience. Their shift in tonal character owing to these variables is fairly remarkable. I've landed on the Azla Sedna Light Short after going between them and the ePro EP00 several times, and a pure silver cable. The FiiO LC-2.5D / 3.5D / 4.4D is a solid option for a pure silver cable for $100--very analytical and pristine sounding. (They only come with MMCX connectors. I've had mine reterminated with 2-pin connectors, but an MMCX to 2-pin adapter will work too.)

Edit: Ah, looks like FiiO has released a 2-pin version of the cable mentioned.

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2021 at 6:52 PM Post #3,326 of 5,044
Thanks for your comments and suggestions!! I will try to get the spiral dot ++, I think that penon only has the normal version, let's see if I can find it somewhere else, in bright iem the spinfit CP100 works very well!! Right now I'm trying to find a balance with a little bass boost.

Nov 25, 2021 at 10:00 AM Post #3,327 of 5,044
Some first impressions:

The H50 is clearly a more refined all-rounder than the H40 and the fit is much better for me too. If I had to use an analogy, it's as if the H50 is the older and more mature H40. Bass has better control but with a lower subbass shelf and maybe slightly more midbass. The mids are fuller and the treble is more resolving. The characteristic soundstage is very similar but the change in shell +/- the change in DD has altered perception of it slightly. There are significant differences between the two that at first seemed subtle but I'm coming to appreciate different use cases for both. I can't really fault this tuning as a crowd-pleaser. This is a hybrid with better tonality, timbre and coherency than the vast majority at this price point, including the H40. I have a feeling it's largely down to the new composite driver in the bass that has a much more natural decay and a more thoughtful tuning compared to the bombastic H40.

If I only had money for one I would choose the H50 - I can see it performing better for a wider array of genres.

_DSC2892.jpg

_DSC2899.jpg

H50 left; H40 right

Users who are viewing this thread

Back