ISN Earphones impression thread. New ISN NEO 3!
Nov 16, 2021 at 9:24 AM Post #3,301 of 5,044
So few first impressions. Mind you it is a bit too early to be completely unbiased, when jumping from coloured tuning iem like EE EVO due to brain burn in. But i will try.

First i am really surprised that they are not any bigger than its predecessor as it is a trend now lol. Fit is the same magic that keeps me stuck with ISN iems.

Now the sound is really where its an improvement. It is very different from h40 tuning. But for me in a good way.
It is so much more refined.
H40 was a fun non fatiguing casual listen but it lacked refinement. And H50 jumps into this more revealing mature tuning with excellent control across the board. Its really rare at this price range.
Bass is now subbass focused allowing for some extra air in the signature.
Mids are on a slightly drier side focusing on clarity rather than lushness.
Treble is where i see massive improvements. I am running h50 on sp2000 so the area gets a slight boost. And this can make or break a deal. On h40 that boost was welcome to push treble into balance but at the same time revealed its crudeness. On h50 i don't hear that anymore. I think treble is a touch ahead of mids though. But it is well controlled.

This kind of tuning changes allows for more layered sound. The imaging has improved significantly. Which was a weak point of H40.

The bad?
it depends what you want. I have a feeling that my sp2000 is not the best pairing to form a most balanced set up. It is on a more revealing and dried sound side. so bear that in mind. I can see it lacking in some midbass and lower mids warmth for genres require require that region . But source pairing can help.
Mind you i am saying that after tip rolling.
Had settled on whirlwinds this time.
(Tried few variants of sednas, acoustune 07, final E pinks, Epros, spiral dots, spiral dots++ etc)

But i can tell you one thing: i am really fussy on what plays my dear Hans Zimmer. And i quite enjoyed it on these. Its a first entry level iem that i can say that about. With no bloatness or peaks. And pretty well separated and positioned instruments.

For me it is really much required refinement of H40. Maybe if they tuned a touch more midbass in it would have made a more all rounder? But i have a feeling my source is not doing it justice.

All in all if you want a glimpse of where high end iems can take you and you enjoy classical/orchestral music or any music that required technical prowess. H50 is for you.
There might be better options for rock unless you have a warm source
My H50 got even more smooth and clean, "softer" you might say after burn in. Especially in bass and treble region.
So you might notice change after awhile.
One drawback for me is that apparently they a bit large for my ears for long and lengthful listening compared with my Tripowin tc01 which fits much better for my small ears (also a great value iem btw). But you can adjust the insertion so it is fortunately not a deal-breaker. Because they sound really good. The upper hill is doing the fit problem for me, so I insert it more down to the nozzle area to the ear hole.

Did you tried with different cable BTW?
I am curious how it changes with cable..my penon mix is on the way. LoL I have so much gear on the way for the H50 setup...

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2021 at 9:51 AM Post #3,302 of 5,044
My H50 got even more smooth and clean, "softer" you might say after burn in. Especially in bass and treble region.
One drawback for me is that apparently they a bit large for my ears for long and lengthful listening compared with my Tripowin tc01 which fits much better for my small ears (also a great value iem btw). But you can adjust the insertion so it is fortunately not a deal-breaker. Because they sound really good. The upper hill is doing the fit problem for me, so I insert it more down to the nozzle area to the ear hole.

I am curious how it changes with cable..my penon mix is on the way. LoL I have so much gear on the way for the H50 setup...
Too big?! Wow i need to send you a picture of H50 next to EVO lol... But yeh i have few friends. With very small ears who cant even demo my gear. Even h40.

I honestly took 4.4mm option with h50 just to have pentaconn to MMCX in case i get a 4.4 dap. as i am using some cheap grahene cable from Ali as 2.5mm for
Sp2000.
Not making a huge thing about cables myself so im the worst person to ask. This same cable did brighten h40 up a touch. But like all cables its negligent.

Nov 16, 2021 at 10:07 AM Post #3,303 of 5,044

Try some Sedna Earfits. Both the longer length should make the fit a bit better and they should be less smooth and a little more crisp.

Nov 16, 2021 at 10:18 AM Post #3,304 of 5,044
Too big?! Wow i need to send you a picture of H50 next to EVO lol... But yeh i have few friends. With very small ears who cant even demo my gear. Even h40.

I honestly took 4.4mm option with h50 just to have pentaconn to MMCX in case i get a 4.4 dap. as i am using some cheap grahene cable from Ali as 2.5mm for
Sp2000.
Not making a huge thing about cables myself so im the worst person to ask. This same cable did brighten h40 up a touch. But like all cables its negligent.
Yep I understood they probably on the medium size compared to the rest of iems and the tripowin I have is kind of unregular in that regard. But apparently small size fits all, wish they all were small size :wink:

Nov 16, 2021 at 10:21 AM Post #3,305 of 5,044
Try some Sedna Earfits. Both the longer length should make the fit a bit better and they should be less smooth and a little more crisp.
I have ordered radius deep mount, do any of you have it? are they longer regard to final e( which I own)?
I don't need eartps collection so I wish not to buy Sedna too lol :wink:

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2021 at 10:31 AM Post #3,306 of 5,044
I have ordered radius deep mount, do any of you have it? are they longer regard to final e( which I own)?
I don't need eartps collection so I wish not to buy Sedna too lol :wink:
Had them a while back on a Radius earphone. They are not longer. They are more bulbous at the top so they might fit less deep than the E for you. Sedna are a bit more firm and have a longer stem so they will still keep an earphone out and off the ears a bit more as far as fit.

Nov 16, 2021 at 10:59 AM Post #3,308 of 5,044
Can you send a link please , I saw it short version
Any chance on your local Amazon? I got mine on an earphone and bought extra off Amazon. Ebay is pricey, perhaps a fellow forum member has some as well in the accs. thread or you could post a wanted thread.

Or can't hurt to try o-rings out and see if it would work. Depends on the earphone stem and how well the tips stay on being a bit further out.

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2021 at 5:37 PM Post #3,309 of 5,044
I have the ISN EST50 for 3 months, it offers a great sound, it changes a lot with burn in, depend the cable and tips his sound is balanced sound, great bass but it maintains the rest well. So far I have a silver-plated xinhs cable, but I wanted to raise the level to gaim clarity and separation, I am looking the ISN SC4, I hope for a sound improvement without losing its characteristic bass, do you think it is a good option??

Thanks

Nov 16, 2021 at 5:52 PM Post #3,310 of 5,044
I have the ISN EST50 for 3 months, it offers a great sound, it changes a lot with burn in, depend the cable and tips his sound is balanced sound, great bass but it maintains the rest well. So far I have a silver-plated xinhs cable, but I wanted to raise the level to gaim clarity and separation, I am looking the ISN SC4, I hope for a sound improvement without losing its characteristic bass, do you think it is a good option??

Thanks
I would try a pure silver cable if your looking for something that will enhance imaging and separation. Retaining bass means you will have to have some copper in the cable. The Penon Mix cost a bit more but that is what I would recommend.

SC4 is not bad on the EST50. It is pretty much a thinner version of the Mix cable. Does not enhance stage like the Mix but it will enhance detail and separation. The mix helps with staging and spacial characteristics of an IEM the ISN SC4 is lesser in that regard but will maintain the bass end as well.

Go with which ever you can afford it will most definitely be an upgrade from what your using now.

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2021 at 7:10 PM Post #3,311 of 5,044
@Dsnuts Thanks for sharing your experiences!!

What tips do you use that with good bass without darkening the sound too much? Two very good ones, the xelastec and the whizzer ET100, I recommend trying the latter less known but of great quality. What are your favorites with these characteristics?

Nov 16, 2021 at 7:58 PM Post #3,312 of 5,044
My usual go to tips are JVC Spiral Dot+++ Azla Sendafit and Symbio W tips.

I noticed what works for me might not work as well for others when it comes to tips. I generally prefer a wider bored tip to get the best sonics for tribrids and hybrids in general. A lot of drivers firing off. Some prefer more narrow tips like Final E tips to tighten sound but for me anyways. I like to have a much open nozzle as I can get to my ears. Opens up all parts of the sound for me.

Nov 16, 2021 at 8:52 PM Post #3,313 of 5,044
What tips do you use that with good bass without darkening the sound too much?
Try wide bore tips, few I tried such as sednafit, standard spiral dot, and radius deep mount. And the best for me is radius.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back