ISN Earphones impression thread. New ISN NEO 3!
Jan 10, 2020 at 6:23 AM Post #316 of 5,044
I do not think I tried to barge in intentionally, which you are labeling. There are not a lot of impressions you find about the JR (as compared to H40) so I had to put my words and let the guy know that it can be good to go iem for him. I put the comparisons because he can get an idea about the iem and the sound signatures. I do not think it meant anything negative. And if this offends you or someone because you think it is not fair to let me share my opinion about one of the two things he wanted a view about, that's fine. Moreover, you are being more offensive with your words. I don't have complaints about it though. You can go on and on and let me know how my useless my post was.

Thanks.
lol

Jan 10, 2020 at 6:35 AM Post #318 of 5,044
Not offended at all. But to be perfectly honest my dude, your first comment is very bias without properly answering the guy's original question.

And now, I don't know what you are talking about. You are avoiding the question still. You could have just PM him or ask him to go see your review of JR. He asked for a comparison of H40 and JR, what is so hard to understand about that. You are avoiding the question my dude. And stop being passive aggressive.

Edit: You just replied to someone who said he has both H40 and JR, "That could offend some. So, please see. Thanks" - Now that's what you call being shady. Dude just accept your mistake and we can call it a wrap.

Yeah, let's move over. Cheers!!

Jan 11, 2020 at 10:03 AM Post #319 of 5,044
After how the ISN AG8 pairs so well with my TOTL IEMs, I decided to pair it with the H40 and I am really impressed. The AG8 injects more body to the overall sound, there is better bass rumble, more bodied midrange & smoother treble. There is improved soundstage for both width and depth.

photo_2020-01-11_22-53-24.jpg

Jan 13, 2020 at 3:09 AM Post #321 of 5,044
Hey!
Can you please compare these to FH5?

Bass: H40 bass is punchier, more rumble, much much more clearer than FH5. H40 has really good amount of bass while being perfectly controlled with excellent clarity than FH5.

Midrange: FH5 lacks lower midrange and upper midrange sound while H40 sounds balance basically on everything, which details are more audible than FH5. Vocals on H40 has more clarity, weight, smoother, and airier than FH5. FH5 vocals are good too but it lacks vocal staging (always in ur face) and can sometimes sound shouty. H40 does not have that same shoutiness that my FH5 have. Vocals on H40 has better timbre than FH5 which means you can hear more tone and emotions with the vocals. Vocal staging have good sense of space and air on H40 while maintaining more clarity than FH5.

Treble: I suck at explaining trebles but you can hear more details with better sense of space on H40. I don't hate trebles, I just don't know how to explain it well, lol.

Soundstage: H40 soundstage taller, wider, deeper than FH5. H40 have that immersive factor on every song I listened to whereas the FH5 most of the time don't; u can sense more 3d-like imaging on H40. More smooth and effortless imaging on H40. H40 does not ever feel cramped while FH5 most of the time feel cramped unless the song itself has a good soundstage. It is harder to focus on a certain instrument on FH5 than the H40.

I am into singing and I bought the FH5 because I thought it was the best IEM for vocal acoustic & modern songs for the price. I've gone through a lot with my FH5 and my FH5 does well in every modern music... but since I got this H40, it's just straight up an upgrade of the FH5 in everyway. Like way above FH5 in everyway. Not even a single thing in sound that the FH5 beats the H40. My FH5 sounding lifeless compared to H40 lol. I love my FH5 because it's my first ever IEM, but this H40 just took all that love now lol.

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2020 at 4:16 AM Post #324 of 5,044
My HS40 package is in my local post-office, most probably ready by the end of day to be picked up!
The cable, being MMCX is compatible with my Oriveti New Primacy so I can do a comparison with that too :)
Are 100h of burn-in time enough?

Jan 13, 2020 at 9:51 AM Post #326 of 5,044
I received my ISN H40 a couple of days ago. My previous experience with a multi driver IEM was only with KZ ZS10 Pro. My first impressions are:

- As in other IEM, finding the right tips is very important. Currently using the JVC Spiral Dots, L size.

- The retired H40 is very strange, the nozzle is too big and I could not fit other tips than the ones included on it. Those tips are too small for me, therefore I am not able to correctly judge them. But the quality construction seams to be very bad.

- Now, talking about the New H40, wooooow. As previously said on this thread, the sensation is like you are listening to small speakers, not IEM. The soundstage is incredible, good/fun punchy bass, great mids and treble without sibling. They are very comfortable, but a little big. I am not the best person for comparisons, but comparing them to the ZS10 Pro, the KZ now sound muffled and much less detailed. It was a huge improvement. They need a few hours of burn-in. Thanks for all your advices and reviews!

Jan 13, 2020 at 4:04 PM Post #328 of 5,044
So the fun starts!
IMG_20200113_203058.jpg
Cable is slightly stiff cause it drags my iBasso DC01 around like if it was made of nothing.
These definitely need a better cable (a more pliable one in my case) cause the sound tuning is oh so good, even out of the box....please stop me as I'll go deaf soon lol :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Burning them in along the orginals!

Jan 13, 2020 at 4:47 PM Post #329 of 5,044
Ya I sold my FH5 a month after I got it. It was ok but not anything special. Now the H40.. Now we are talking. I keep on listening to my H40 and smile every single time.

I hope they make a H50. I did suggest this to them. Fingers crossed.
the inconsistency of chinese manufacturers kinda makes me worry, but ISN actually didn't really make any bad products at all, guess I should have some expectations for the H50 right?

Jan 13, 2020 at 5:13 PM Post #330 of 5,044
So the fun starts!

Cable is slightly stiff cause it drags my iBasso DC01 around like if it was made of nothing.
These definitely need a better cable (a more pliable one in my case) cause the sound tuning is oh so good, even out of the box....please stop me as I'll go deaf soon lol :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Burning them in along the orginals!
You havent seen what most manufacturers include with their earphones. The ISN S8 your getting is a super nice cable in comparison. I just did a review of the Tansio Mirai TSMR-2 and those cables are no different than what Penon audio puts in for their Penon Spheres which are basically throw a way cables. skinny noodle cables with stiff ear guides. Lol I got word that ISN folks are really happy with of all cables the S8. I actually find it refreshing that they include a cable you don't have to upgrade actually.

the inconsistency of chinese manufacturers kinda makes me worry, but ISN actually didn't really make any bad products at all, guess I should have some expectations for the H50 right?

No QC issues with ISN stuff as far as I know minus that one indicent with L and R got swaped on the cable.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back