ISN Earphones impression thread. New ISN NEO 3!
Nov 6, 2021 at 4:15 PM Post #3,242 of 5,044
We'll see. I am an existing customer with VIP status but never received codes or offers. I've written to them and will see what comes back.
Yep, I was like What? They didn't start giving me the codes till after my third purchase. Emails and Christmas cards and stating it in orders or whatever that I was in the loop but they didn't get around to sending me codes for a while. You probably have to nudge/remind them. :)
I and not just me, as a vip (subscriber to their mailing list) got a personal code for the H50, as a new product discount. You can check with them. You can maybe mention you plan to buy it now or in 5 days time so you asking them to please send you a code, either way you will be with some discount.
In 5 days time they will probably be super busy so you might lower their work load 😜if it won't work you have just 5 days to wait for another discount
Perhaps it is different now or different since it is their own ISM and Penon stuff. Back then they hadn't made anything yet and no ISN yet. May be a different story different as profit margins are different with your own stuff than brands they bought and stocked. Easier to discount your own stuff. :)

Nov 6, 2021 at 5:10 PM Post #3,243 of 5,044
Dont buy it mate!

We cant wear same t-shirts, its lame😁😄
Hey Pal!
Now listen, I'm not into cute. so you know I'll change out the tips and cable.... :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Nov 6, 2021 at 6:21 PM Post #3,244 of 5,044
11620101.jpg

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/shozy-isn-scb2.25535/reviews#review-27208

Shozy & ISN SCB2. Rich tonal experience with a headphone like projection. A little miracle how how big the sound is from these. The cables introduce a higher profile in technicalities for the base sound signature. It matches extremely well. The benefit there is you don't have to go fishing for better cables for this one as it is already included. It is by far the best optimized cable for the sound.

My take on Shozy and ISN SCB2. This one is for dynamic fans as it clearly shows advantages of the dynamic IEM. Dual magnetic at that meaning it works like a dual dynamic. Surprising fullness with very great timbre, imaging and detail. These might not get the name recognition of the big players but these are by far Shozys best sounding earphones that I have heard.

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2021 at 11:21 AM Post #3,246 of 5,044
Just waiting to hear back from Penon...... But very eager to hear your impressions Mr. Skullar!

Nov 7, 2021 at 3:11 PM Post #3,247 of 5,044
Last edited:
Nov 7, 2021 at 6:02 PM Post #3,248 of 5,044
I would pass on the C4-1 those are extremely bright cables they are similar to Fiios Monocrystalline silver plated cables where they enhance treble and detail. If the the H50 had a treble roll off then it would be ok to get but since they dont. I would pass.

The Oalloy UPOCC is a good cable for warmth and bass. I would go for the Oalloy over the C4-1 and the C4-3 that might be the best match up with the H50 as they are essentially a thicker SPC cable. Similar to the stock cable but I would imagine better resolving.

Nov 7, 2021 at 7:54 PM Post #3,249 of 5,044
Last edited:
Nov 7, 2021 at 7:58 PM Post #3,250 of 5,044
Nov 8, 2021 at 6:30 AM Post #3,252 of 5,044
11620101.jpg

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/shozy-isn-scb2.25535/reviews#review-27208

Shozy & ISN SCB2. Rich tonal experience with a headphone like projection. A little miracle how how big the sound is from these. The cables introduce a higher profile in technicalities for the base sound signature. It matches extremely well. The benefit there is you don't have to go fishing for better cables for this one as it is already included. It is by far the best optimized cable for the sound.

My take on Shozy and ISN SCB2. This one is for dynamic fans as it clearly shows advantages of the dynamic IEM. Dual magnetic at that meaning it works like a dual dynamic. Surprising fullness with very great timbre, imaging and detail. These might not get the name recognition of the big players but these are by far Shozys best sounding earphones that I have heard.
Very nice review ,
How you compare these with H50 ?
Which one has better/mature tuning and technicalities ?

Nov 8, 2021 at 9:37 AM Post #3,255 of 5,044
Very nice review ,
How you compare these with H50 ?
Which one has better/mature tuning and technicalities ?

Both are completely different. The H50 has the higher end tuning but the SCB2 is more musical sounding. These two earphones are complementary in sound tuning and approach. H50 has the wider stage but the SCB2 has the greater height and fullness of sound. Both are detailed the SCB2 is slightly warm in tonality more richer and organic sounding. The H50 is more technical. Both having great bass the SCB2 has a beefier mid bass the H50 has the greater sub bass vs mid bass. SCB2 being a mild L shape signature the H50 being more of a balanced mild w shaped singature.

The benfit of the SCB2 is its timbre and that it comes with an optimized cable. The H50 comes with a decent pack in cable but very basic in what it does. So in the long run to fully optimize the H50. I feel they need a better cable so it will cost a bit more, on that note I would try what you got first. Once you get a good cable matching up with the H50 it is the superior earphone. But then it will come down to sound preference too. Dynamic timbre vs BA precision.

The SCB2 is more colored sounding with a thicker sound, done so to enhance music listening. Kinda like the Chinese version of the Bose sound tuning. Both have excellent treble tunings. H50 is more closer to a reference type tuning and sound design.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back