ISN Earphones impression thread. New ISN NEO 3!
Nov 6, 2021 at 3:15 AM Post #3,226 of 5,044
I wonder what happened to Havi? They were a hugely popular DISCOVERY here in 2014 with the Havi B3 Pro 1, and then crickets.

Nov 6, 2021 at 3:36 AM Post #3,227 of 5,044
How does the ISN H50 compare with the UM 3DT?

I don't have the H50, but I did have the H40 (mesh-modded) at the same time as the 3DT. Very briefly, for context, the mesh mod decreases the mid-bass emphasis and brings up the treble region, which I *imagine* should bring it closer to the H50 in terms of tuning going by what Dsnuts has described.

I would say that the modded H40 had noticeably better upper-treble presence, extension, and air compared to the 3DT. Mids were richer and more even on the H40, with the 3DT displaying a distinct upper-mid/lower treble peak that I found quite jarring. I did try various mods on the 3DT to tame the peak - micropore tape on the nozzles, foam mod, etc. which worked to varying degrees, but still didn't give it the same richness and euphonic quality that I enjoyed on the H40. Bass was much more neutral, nimble, and tauter on the 3DT with a quicker decay. Modded, I'd describe the H40 as "bass boosted" but not nearly basshead-level; bass is more bodied and more hefty with greater impact. Stage wise, I found the H40 distinctly more spacious. In terms of technicalities - clarity, transparency, resolution - I'd put them neck-and-neck. Suffice to say, I preferred the H40, and sold the 3DT subsequently.

Hope this helps some.

Edit: I would add that in addition to having a more expansive stage, the H40 also displays a grander presentation and a greater sense of scale, whereas the 3DT's presentation is about par for the course as far as most IEMs go. I'm also going to recant my earlier statement regarding their technicalities: going through my past notes, I'm going to say that the modded H40 has the edge in terms of separation and detail retrieval.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2021 at 5:32 AM Post #3,228 of 5,044
I don't have the H50, but I did have the H40 (mesh-modded) at the same time as the 3DT. Very briefly, for context, the mesh mod decreases the mid-bass emphasis and brings up the treble region, which I *imagine* should bring it closer to the H50 in terms of tuning going by what Dsnuts has described.

I would say that the modded H40 had noticeably better upper-treble presence, extension, and air compared to the 3DT. Mids were richer and more even on the H40, with the 3DT displaying a distinct upper-mid/lower treble peak that I found quite jarring. I did try various mods on the 3DT to tame the peak - micropore tape on the nozzles, foam mod, etc. which worked to varying degrees, but still didn't give it the same richness and euphonic quality that I enjoyed on the H40. Bass was much more neutral, nimble, and tauter on the 3DT with a quicker decay. Modded, I'd describe the H40 as "bass boosted" but not nearly basshead-level; bass is more bodied and more hefty with greater impact. Stage wise, I found the H40 distinctly more spacious. In terms of technicalities - clarity, transparency, resolution - I'd put them neck-and-neck. Suffice to say, I preferred the H40, and sold the 3DT subsequently.

Hope this helps some.

Almost exactly what I hear!

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2021 at 5:59 AM Post #3,229 of 5,044
Almost exactly what I hear!

To be honest, I think I've understated the H40's merits in my post above. Reviewing my notes, I would say the modded H40 has a noticeable advantage in terms of separation and detail retrieval. And, completely subjectively, I find the H40 to have a real 'wow' factor, whereas the 3DT sort of fell into the category of IEMs I had to take time to learn to appreciate. But again, that's completely subjective...

Nov 6, 2021 at 6:38 AM Post #3,231 of 5,044
Penon sent me a message about the H50 delivery at Ali.

AliMessage.png

Anyone got this kind of message about the declared price? It means the duty (tariff) and the VAT will be much lower compared to the original price.
This is just a friendly advice.

Try to keep these private, these are open threads available to anyone and everyone to read, even tax authorities in any country.

Nov 6, 2021 at 1:48 PM Post #3,233 of 5,044
Cheers man. This is exactly what i was looking for. Cleaner sounding more controlled with a bit more sparkle. And if on top imaging is better, i wont regret the purchase
I think I'm in for a set of these too! Thanks for all the commentary.

Nov 6, 2021 at 2:08 PM Post #3,234 of 5,044
Kind friends, please could someone A/B the H40 and the H50. I don't want to miss the Penon offer on the H50, but the H40 is going to be reduced in the 11/11 too. For us poorer folk could someone A/B them as I will need to make a decision. Thank you buddies. :L3000::L3000:
Hey guys, before I place the order can someone advise what he current offer is and how to access it? I found them on the Penon Ali store for $295 ....

Nov 6, 2021 at 2:10 PM Post #3,235 of 5,044
Hey guys, before I place the order can someone advise what he current offer is and how to access it? I found them on the Penon Ali store for $295.

That information can not be shared per Penon Audio. All I can say is purchase items from them to become a VIP member

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2021 at 2:27 PM Post #3,236 of 5,044
Hey guys, before I place the order can someone advise what he current offer is and how to access it? I found them on the Penon Ali store for $295 ....
Sign in to the mailing list(you become vip) and email them if the vip is still on for H50?
Either way in 5 days will be 2-3 days for excuse for discount- 'colorful friday' also in AliExpress.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2021 at 2:36 PM Post #3,237 of 5,044
Sign in to the mailing list(you become vip) and email them if the vip is still on for H50?
Either way in 5 days will be 2-3 days for excuse for discount- 'colorful friday' also in AliExpress.
Thank you!

Nov 6, 2021 at 2:45 PM Post #3,238 of 5,044
You sure?? I know I had to buy stuff to get vip prices. I got emails and stuff before that but not the codes. Unless it has changed since then. It was "customers" and not just people on the email list.

Nov 6, 2021 at 3:20 PM Post #3,239 of 5,044
You sure?? I know I had to buy stuff to get vip prices. I got emails and stuff before that but not the codes. Unless it has changed since then. It was "customers" and not just people on the email list.
We'll see. I am an existing customer with VIP status but never received codes or offers. I've written to them and will see what comes back.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2021 at 3:20 PM Post #3,240 of 5,044
I and not just me, as a vip (subscriber to their mailing list) got a personal code for the H50, as a new product discount. You can check with them. You can maybe mention you plan to buy it now or in 5 days time so you asking them to please send you a code, either way you will be with some discount.
In 5 days time they will probably be super busy so you might lower their work load 😜if it won't work you have just 5 days to wait for another discount

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back