ISN Earphones impression thread. New ISN NEO 3!
Nov 10, 2020 at 2:36 AM Post #2,191 of 5,044
Thanks for the tip, I read in a little and they sound really interesting.

Do you own both the H40 and the Orb? What are the most important differences and similarities for you?
They are quite complementary. The Orb has reduced mid-bass, more forward midrange and smoother treble.

Nov 10, 2020 at 6:00 AM Post #2,192 of 5,044
I'm right on the edge of trying the D02 - the H40 sounds fantastic, but my budget is really very limited. The D02 sounds like it's got a unique overall sound, and is masterfully made/tuned at the same time, while being the same price as some recent W-shaped kings like the IT00 and the NF A2. I love and have been most impressed by single DD IEMs during my "travels" so far.

I am about 85% happy just sticking with my Blon03s, and they're certainly the best bang for buck I can imagine. Around $80 for potentially an all-round upgrade does not sound unreasonably though, especially if I went on to sell the Blon's to ship away at the expenditure even more.

It's hard for me to pin down what FR I like - I have loved the ER2XR, the SSR, and the Blon03s just about equally - and I know the Blons are the odd ones out on that list of 3. I do love the added bass and soundstage on the Blons, and I think the D02 would deliver there?
Go for the D02, I heard both the H40 and D02, and even though the H40 has a superior and more expansive soundstage, D02 is unique on its own with an extremely clean sound, and I love it much more than H40. It's my sub-100 USD single DD benchmark. Never gonna let it go.

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2020 at 6:23 AM Post #2,193 of 5,044
Go for the D02, I heard both the H40 and D02, and even though the H40 has a superior and more expansive soundstage, D02 is unique on its own with an extremely clean sound, and I love it much more than D02. It's my sub-100 USD single DD benchmark. Never gonna let it go.
I concur. Excellent price to performance ratio.

Nov 10, 2020 at 6:45 AM Post #2,195 of 5,044
Nov 10, 2020 at 8:05 AM Post #2,196 of 5,044
Nov 10, 2020 at 3:52 PM Post #2,199 of 5,044
Very close to buying an H40. Disappointed since it seems like Penon will not have it on sale for 11/11 though.

All the headphones I was interested in also seemed to directly correlate to "items with no 11.11 discount". The bigger discounts seem to either be on IEMs that are more mass produced, or starting to become outdated/hold their comparative value less in the current market.

Nov 10, 2020 at 4:21 PM Post #2,200 of 5,044
All the headphones I was interested in also seemed to directly correlate to "items with no 11.11 discount". The bigger discounts seem to either be on IEMs that are more mass produced, or starting to become outdated/hold their comparative value less in the current market.
It's quite a shame, but I'm sure there's some sound reasoning.

Nov 11, 2020 at 9:13 AM Post #2,201 of 5,044
hi guys,
how are vocals with isn h40? I think I will buy them, but before I want to be sure that vocals are not muffled or veiled. An other consideration, I have watched a review on YT in which it is said that the soundstage is weird because it is tall, wide with no depth. The fact is that all the other reviews say that ish h40 has a very good soundstage depth, so I am a bit confused...

Nov 11, 2020 at 10:11 AM Post #2,202 of 5,044
hi guys,
how are vocals with isn h40? I think I will buy them, but before I want to be sure that vocals are not muffled or veiled. An other consideration, I have watched a review on YT in which it is said that the soundstage is weird because it is tall, wide with no depth. The fact is that all the other reviews say that ish h40 has a very good soundstage depth, so I am a bit confused...

Ooh that's what I've been trying to say too. I find the presentation quite weird. Yes, it has a wide soundstage, but I can't place it clearly how the sound presents itself too close or upfront sometimes. Can't believe I missed that. It's the depth. But, don't get me wrong, the H40 is still hard not to like. No way the vocals are muffled, it's clear and with enough body, not thin sounding or too sibilant at all. Sibilance can't be totally avoided on some recordings that naturally have some though. H40 is a great all rounder IEM which can easily be liked and could compete with pricier offerings out there.

Nov 18, 2020 at 11:44 AM Post #2,204 of 5,044
I’m the same, these will be my only second set of IEM.

Ordered them on 11.11 off the back of this thread and can’t wait to try them out.

Nov 18, 2020 at 11:52 AM Post #2,205 of 5,044
Been keeping a close eye on this thread the D02 sound great for me just a little worried about QC issues and that other iem that's trapping my attention is the NM2+ ..rare I buy an iem so want to make the right choice and thank you all for all your views.👍
If you can afford the NM2+ I think it's definitely a tier or two higher than the D02.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back