ISN Earphones impression thread. New ISN NEO 3!
Aug 14, 2020 at 7:01 PM Post #1,561 of 5,044
The Sphere should be in your shortlist. Even with stock tips & cable.
Upgading to Sedna & OS849 sends the listener to a higher level of engagement.
Sphere=CD format resolution (mids & treble, not crapping out the bottom end)
Fantastic, huge staging, immersive, 3d imaging & holography...

I also combined my Sphere with Penon Leo and pretty impressed by the result. Sphere might be the best single balanced earphone I’ve ever heard for the price. I would like to try those Sedna tips as well.

Aug 17, 2020 at 4:38 AM Post #1,562 of 5,044
I was asked about the instrument separation and layering of sound from a reader of my review on the ISN H40 from @josesol07 . Instrument separation is excellent and show a greater ability for the drivers to really show how good the sound can be with nicer cables. sounds are nicely separated as each driver is focused on their task be it bass mids and or treble. One of the reason why the ISN H40 I feel sounds nice n higher end is due to this and the immersion factor is cranked up a notch due to the outstanding layering on the H40. It has more of a 3D factor to the sound than sounding flat due to this aspect. It really has a great refined sound all the way around and while these are not perfect by any means there are a lot more positives about the sound in fact I don't really hear a down side to the sound. Preference will play a bigger role here.

Your gonna get your monies worth and then some when it comes to sonics on the H40.
Hi, any chance you have heard the fiio fh3 as well? In that case which one would you choose between h40 and the fh3? Going to be my first serious iem purchase. I use soundmagic e10c for now.

Aug 18, 2020 at 3:32 AM Post #1,563 of 5,044
Hi, any chance you have heard the fiio fh3 as well? In that case which one would you choose between h40 and the fh3? Going to be my first serious iem purchase. I use soundmagic e10c for now.

@Dsnuts answered my similar question before. FH3 indeed are great IEM punch above their price, but not H40 great. I take it as he like the H40 more.

Aug 18, 2020 at 8:41 AM Post #1,566 of 5,044
Pressed the button on the ISN Audio D02 from Penon. I've got cables from ISN before but never an IEM. It better be as good as the iBasso it00.....it's in the same price range.

Penon or ISN are offering a 20% discount until 31st August.

Aug 18, 2020 at 8:52 AM Post #1,567 of 5,044
@DynamicEars Do you actually have to put a replacement grill after the mod?
What if you leave it without a grill?

You can leave them open without grill actually but just be careful of dust and earwax debris go into the IEM and drivers. I suggest to put replacement grill, they are dirt cheap. If you just want to try the mod sound without grill at all in just few days, it will be OK.
Have you try that?

Aug 18, 2020 at 9:00 AM Post #1,568 of 5,044
You can leave them open without grill actually but just be careful of dust and earwax debris go into the IEM and drivers. I suggest to put replacement grill, they are dirt cheap. If you just want to try the mod sound without grill at all in just few days, it will be OK.
Have you try that?

Gonna try it man.
What cable are you using? The stock S8?
Wouldn't a cable achieve more refined bass and treble?
Also with the grill removed I suppose a copper cable could tame the treble?
I have tried my Null Audio Vitesse copper black 8-core wire with H40 and it just sounds so mixed up and weak. :frowning2:
Would prefer to get a better cable and then try the mod i guess.
2pin to mmcx adapters are too tall i guess.......

Aug 18, 2020 at 10:02 AM Post #1,569 of 5,044
Gonna try it man.
What cable are you using? The stock S8?
Wouldn't a cable achieve more refined bass and treble?
Also with the grill removed I suppose a copper cable could tame the treble?
I have tried my Null Audio Vitesse copper black 8-core wire with H40 and it just sounds so mixed up and weak. :frowning2:
Would prefer to get a better cable and then try the mod i guess.
2pin to mmcx adapters are too tall i guess.......

Im using S8 stock and sony SPC that came with my M7. But currently attached to stock cable S8.
I dont recommend pure copper as high mods detail will a little bit slow and bass part wont be as tight as SPC at least.
Just try remove the grill for 2 or 3 days to try. Cable can improve but they can come later as this mod is free and easy.
You can always put back the grill anytime right?

Aug 18, 2020 at 10:11 AM Post #1,570 of 5,044
Im using S8 stock and sony SPC that came with my M7. But currently attached to stock cable S8.
I dont recommend pure copper as high mods detail will a little bit slow and bass part wont be as tight as SPC at least.
Just try remove the grill for 2 or 3 days to try. Cable can improve but they can come later as this mod is free and easy.
You can always put back the grill anytime right?

Yes but you'll need a replacement grill right?
And the filter will be useless can it be reinstalled if you don't like the difference in sound from the mod.

Aug 18, 2020 at 10:24 AM Post #1,571 of 5,044
Yes but you'll need a replacement grill right?
And the filter will be useless can it be reinstalled if you don't like the difference in sound from the mod.

No you dont have to, if you just want to try for 2 or 3 days. Make sure clean up your ears and put into the case while not in use.
The filter is glued into the stock grill. Just listen without grill for 2 or 3 days, if you like it, buy replacement grill
If you dont like, you can just reinstall the stock grill with filter with leftover residue. Stick the default grill on sticker paper (the paper where the sticker are attached).
Dont hesitate to ask if you need any help

Aug 18, 2020 at 10:31 AM Post #1,573 of 5,044
Huh?
Didn't get that part.
You mean use double face adhesive paper to reinstall the stock grill?

Nope i mean while you take out the grill, put the grill on plastic or sticker paper so they will be easy to pull up later. The point is dont let the residue sticks on other thing. Sorry if make you confuse

Aug 18, 2020 at 10:35 AM Post #1,574 of 5,044

Users who are viewing this thread

Back